Superbash 2011 Review - Page 6 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Announcements > New on NFLUK.com

Old 09.02.2011, 12:57 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
Ill echo what I said before... superb night all round.

For free I really cannot see any grounds for complaint at all!!
This. . .
Old 09.02.2011, 01:03 PM
All Pro

Only downer for me was when two random ********s started getting a bit crazy. Queuing up at the upstairs Bodeans stall, he jumps in front of me. I informed him it was pointless as I'd already ordered, paid and had a ticket for further up the queue collection. He then started f'n and blinding at me calling me fat, pulling out the typical fat jokes I've heard before.

I wasn't standing there so I fought back (verbally) at which point his mate joined in. Started getting worse and offered a fight, at which point I think they were chucked out.

What made it worse though is they kept telling me to follow a proper sport... REAL FOOTBALL. I am a massive 'REAL FOOTBALL' fan, Gillingham fan in fact. But thats besides the point... WHY WERE THEY THERE IF THEY DON'T LIKE THE NFL!?

******s.
Old 09.02.2011, 01:47 PM
Pro

Was a great night indeed! Should have had some more food than just 6 wings...I felt like death the next day!

Only downside I thought was the Taxi situation at the end...word obviously never went out to the taxi firms that lots of people would be looking for them!

Waiting at the rank for a while gave me an excuse to have a great drunken conversation with Rhys Lloyd anyway....I can't really remember exactly what we were talking about but he gave me a breif history of how he got in the NFL and was a really nice guy in general!

Same goes for Bianca Westwood...she was up for a chat when she was outside having a smoke! I had no idea until I googled her yesterday that she went out with Ronnie O'Sullivan a few years back. Lovely girl.

I saw Vernon Kaye a few times but he looked like a bit of a nob really....he came in with about 15 people looking like he owned the place.

I was the tall guy with the Pittsburgh Penguins winter classic jersey if anyone spotted me. Got a few positive comments about it too!

Thanks NFLUK for a great event.

Oh....and I have no sympathy at all for those 4 clowns that got booed. They were horrific.
Old 09.02.2011, 01:53 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionStyle View Post
Only downer for me was when two random ********s started getting a bit crazy. Queuing up at the upstairs Bodeans stall, he jumps in front of me. I informed him it was pointless as I'd already ordered, paid and had a ticket for further up the queue collection. He then started f'n and blinding at me calling me fat, pulling out the typical fat jokes I've heard before.

I wasn't standing there so I fought back (verbally) at which point his mate joined in. Started getting worse and offered a fight, at which point I think they were chucked out.

What made it worse though is they kept telling me to follow a proper sport... REAL FOOTBALL. I am a massive 'REAL FOOTBALL' fan, Gillingham fan in fact. But thats besides the point... WHY WERE THEY THERE IF THEY DON'T LIKE THE NFL!?

******s.
You get people like that everywhere, they were probably just there to spoil everybody else's joys, pretty sad really that they have to do it to get a kick out of it.
Old 09.02.2011, 01:57 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwil93 View Post
You get people like that everywhere, they were probably just there to spoil everybody else's joys, pretty sad really that they have to do it to get a kick out of it.
Oh it is, hence I didn't rearrange his face.
Old 09.02.2011, 03:40 PM
Rookie

Default Thank you NFLUK

Thank you NFLUK for this yers superbash!.
This was the 1st one i have been to and loved every moment (apart from the scarletz)
Had a table with a Packers fan! whose mate had to have medical attention ( i hope he is ok now ).
Loved spending time with true NLF fans.
The coach to waterloo was funny as there was a Rugby team providing songs and other entertainment.

Thanks to everyone who made this a night to remember!
I has a white saints colston jersey on so if that packers fan is on line i would like to get in contact to meet up at future events!

Last edited by BI66UNZ; 09.02.2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10.02.2011, 01:54 AM
Banned

Smile

My first Bash and I had a great time though the result was always going to determine whether that would be the case.

Good to see Tiki; bit of a minor legend and he lived up to the self-glorifying impression I already had of him but not in an off-putting way.

Arlo seemed a bit of an ill-informed identikit media-*** (calling Tiki a Jet was inexcusable) and Neil would have been better advised not trying to mate along.

I thought the cheerleaders tried too hard to be showbiz. It wasn't the Horseshoe Bar so just flashing your pom poms and your knickers would have kept most customers happy.

The Girl Band were by no means as bad as the reception deserved but - as others have said - the confrontational demeanour didn't help them.

At one point Vernon Kay asked me who the crowd were booing and his relief to discover that he wasn't as unpopular as George W Bush was quite touching. He deserves a break; he really does love our game.

At 7-0 I stumbled downstairs via a fire exit and ended up in the VIP area. Much as I like Coors Lite ordinarily, getting it free for the rest of the night was a big contributory factor to my general wellbeing. I justified this technical larceny through sheer superstition; the Pack doubled their lead within thirty seconds of my elevation to VIP status so I had to stay there. A bit like all that beard growing but even better, beer-wise.

I think the free booze also, fortunately, innoculated me against the late tension. It was only when I watched the game back sober did I realise how close it got. The Steelers deserve a lot of credit, they were outskilled across many areas but hung in there like the noble franchise they are. And Mike Tomlin was particularly classy at the end.

The homebound coaches were indeed a bit few and far between so I too ended up on the bell-ringing bus. It didn't leave much time for sleep and I did feel a bit fuzzy on the train north but hey, you don't win the Super Bowl every Sunday do you?

Thank you very much indeed, NFL UK!

Last edited by menominee; 10.02.2011 at 01:57 AM.
Old 10.02.2011, 10:02 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_f_warren@hotmail.com View Post
I was the tall guy with the Pittsburgh Penguins winter classic jersey if anyone spotted me. Got a few positive comments about it too!
Oh you were that guy, I came up was wearing a Wallace #17 and commented on your winter classic - what was that programme that you told me I should check out?
Old 11.02.2011, 03:27 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahmasbi View Post
The balcony fiasco? Was this when some douche slapped someone? We were right next to this. Also, this is pretty much an appeal, was anyone here on the NFL bus back to Victoria at around 4:15 when the guys were singing dirty rugby songs and then some absolute moron got his **** out and started whacking off at the front of the bus? I'm not kidding, this happened and I am out to get this guy. I spoke to the driver and they have footage of it recorded on the bus, so they have an image of him and proof of what he did. It's just before I go to the police with it, which I most certainly am, I want to find out more about him if I can. He must be on here in some degree or someone must know him because they were in a large group.
Anyway, anyone that can help, it would be much appreciated. This guy needs to be put on the sex offenders register and banned from ANYTHING to do with NFL.
Haha, that was one of the lads I was with. All just a bit of banter. Oi oi and that. Hardly worth getting your knickers in a twist over tbf.