Game Pass 2011 - UK Blackouts - Page 19 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 17.09.2011, 11:41 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers Defense View Post
I wouldn't worry, SKY will be out the equation after this year with any luck. GP is the way forward, let people watch they want, when they want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Steeler View Post
I REALLY hope you're right.
I second this. An Un-restricted Game Pass and I'm back on board with it.
Old 17.09.2011, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers Defense View Post
I wouldn't worry, SKY will be out the equation after this year with any luck. GP is the way forward, let people watch they want, when they want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob85ne View Post
I second this. An Un-restricted Game Pass and I'm back on board with it.

Unrestricted Gamepass would be great of course, from a lot of peoples personal perspectives if they subscribe to S/Sports for the NFL and nothing else. But will GP really be the way forward for the NFL to be available here until broadband in this country is good enough everywhere that everyone who would want it could have it?.
Old 17.09.2011, 06:18 PM
Rookie

Why is the Baltimore-Pittsburgh still blacked out (7:15 pm on Saturday)? One of the best games for a Ravens fan in the past 5 years. It's gone past 6 days and still can't watch it. Why is that? My opinion is that if after x years a 6 day blackout is now being implemented, at least make sure it gets lifted on time.
Old 17.09.2011, 06:32 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmorefan View Post
Why is the Baltimore-Pittsburgh still blacked out (7:15 pm on Saturday)? One of the best games for a Ravens fan in the past 5 years. It's gone past 6 days and still can't watch it. Why is that? My opinion is that if after x years a 6 day blackout is now being implemented, at least make sure it gets lifted on time.
Yeah I am waiting to.What a joke.
Old 17.09.2011, 06:50 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmorefan View Post
Maybe it's available 6 days after it finished, which is 9:10pm or 6 full days in which case midnight (EST).

Last edited by Jonny73; 17.09.2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 17.09.2011, 07:09 PM
Team Captain

Us Steleers fans have bunged SKY $5 to enforce an indefinite blackout on the game
Old 17.09.2011, 07:18 PM
All Pro

Out of interest, did Sky repeat the games at any point this week? There was a little conjecture that perhaps a midweek repeat was behind the six day enforcement.
Old 17.09.2011, 07:53 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny73 View Post
Is Steelers Defense Nick Halling?

Whoever he is, I hope he's right. If Sky dropped the NFL, I'm sure ESPN will step in and then there might not be any Game Pass blackouts.
Is there any reason to think there would be no blackouts if ESPN took over? Any broadcaster is going to want to protect their investment by maximising subscriptions; Sky is hardly alone in that. Of course, there is equally no reason why a rights deal couldn't be reached that would mean no blackouts but I suspect any broadcaster would not be willing to pay as much as they would for some degree of exclusivity. So it's down to the NFL as well.

Lets not kid ourselves that fairness to the potential paying audience will have any bearing. Just get as much money out of the punters, baby. People can hate on Sky as much as they want. But it hardly seems fair to those for whom Game Pass is not an option to suggest that one group of fans should be disenfranchised just so that another can get everything they want. I should say I fully support the arguments of Game Pass subscribers - the blackout rule stinks. I just don't think that 'get rid of Sky' is the answer.

I wonder if the Commish is going to do a repeat of last year's Q & A session with UK fans as part of the build up to the IS game? If so, that seems an ideal opportunity to vent all frustrations. Not that it would do much good, I fear.
Old 17.09.2011, 08:27 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichD48 View Post
Is there any reason to think there would be no blackouts if ESPN took over? Any broadcaster is going to want to protect their investment by maximising subscriptions; Sky is hardly alone in that. Of course, there is equally no reason why a rights deal couldn't be reached that would mean no blackouts but I suspect any broadcaster would not be willing to pay as much as they would for some degree of exclusivity. So it's down to the NFL as well.
ESPN show the Sunday 6pm and 9pm games in Europe, they don't have blackouts there.
Old 17.09.2011, 08:28 PM
All Pro

Steelers@Ravens now available in the archive so maybe it's 6 days exactly to the minute after it finished. It wasn't available at 7pm.

Tags
black out , blackout , blackouts , game pass , gamepass