Game Pass 2011 - UK Blackouts - Page 22 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 22.09.2011, 11:18 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean49 View Post
Fair enough. Everybody's situation is different. Me I'm more into the US sports than UK sports so ESPN + Gamepass is absolutely ideal and Sky Sports would be a collossal waste of money. Should the 9ers suddenly get a lot of coverage on Sky then I would obviously be less happy but for the moment the 6-day blackout thing isn't really bothering me, other than it being ridiculous. But then that's Sky for you
I'm tempted for next year cos' I'd love to see the Dolphins week in and week out with little danger of blackouts at the moment!
Old 22.09.2011, 02:18 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie View Post
I'm tempted for next year cos' I'd love to see the Dolphins week in and week out with little danger of blackouts at the moment!
Plus don't forget you do get access to all the other games that aren't blacked out and I never have trouble finding a game to watch.
Old 22.09.2011, 02:22 PM
Team Captain

For a Patriots fan Gamepass is far from ideal, the first 4 weeks of the season and 3 of them the Pats are live on Sky, so why would people bother? Yes people can see other games, but when your team is playing then you want to see your team! I agree that the blackout is completely ridiculous, not once have I thought of purchasing Sky Sports due to the Pats being on Sky, it just makes me more inclined to try other means
Old 22.09.2011, 08:18 PM
All Pro

I'll be flying to Barcelona on Monday, will I be able to watch the Sky games or does the black-out still apply for a UK Game Pass subscriber when outside the UK?
Old 23.09.2011, 08:46 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny73 View Post
I'll be flying to Barcelona on Monday, will I be able to watch the Sky games or does the black-out still apply for a UK Game Pass subscriber when outside the UK?
This has been asked before, charles confirmed that if you access Gamepass outside the UK with your UK account it only restricts you based on where you're logging in from. So no, there will be no blackout if you use it in Spain.
Old 23.09.2011, 12:09 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean49 View Post
This has been asked before, charles confirmed that if you access Gamepass outside the UK with your UK account it only restricts you based on where you're logging in from. So no, there will be no blackout if you use it in Spain.
Great. Thanks.
Old 23.09.2011, 02:55 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny73 View Post
That's quite extreme just to avoid blackouts... *grin*
Old 23.09.2011, 03:00 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilGroom View Post
That's quite extreme just to avoid blackouts... *grin*
If you live in Dover, is it worth getting a ferry over to Calais just so you can avoid the blackouts to watch your team?
Old 23.09.2011, 03:24 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie View Post
If you live in Dover, is it worth getting a ferry over to Calais just so you can avoid the blackouts to watch your team?
At the momemnt... my team.... no
Old 04.10.2011, 12:05 PM
Rookie

I really don't get how they can get away with blacking it out in the UK only. How can you prevent the viewing of a game for 6 days in one country and not another? I'd have thought there was something in EU law that would cover and prevent this? If not then is their not something on the ambiguity of not knowing which games will be broadcast. Technically if youhad team subscription only you could go pretty much the whole season without seeing a live game!? Blackout restriction as defined by the NFL under the rules put down in 1973 that it applied to local coverage only. To encourage locals to actually go to the game rather than be armchair supporters. Fair Enough. But we live on the otherside of the atlantic and can't pop to our teams stadiums so why are we being penalised and why the UK. I know it's Sky who have this monopoly and have other boradcasters like the NFL firmly clamped by the balls but surely there must be a way of getting this lifted. I know have to drive to a mates house to watch the Pats vs Jets. I couldn't hack missing 3 games out of five when I've paid all this money up front. Rant over. Hoepfully some food for thought in there. Enjoy the rest of the season guys

Tags
black out , blackout , blackouts , game pass , gamepass