OT - UK Christmas Number One - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 07.12.2012, 07:48 PM
Rookie

Default OT - UK Christmas Number One

Depeche Mode's Enjoy the Silence for Christmas No. 1

Depeche Mode is "the most popular electronic band the world has ever known." (Q Magazine). They are the best selling band to have never had a UK number 1 single, yet have sold over 100 million records worldwide and have had 48 songs in the UK singles chart. Martin Lee Gore is DM's major song writer and one of the greatest artists the UK has produced. A winner of the coveted Ivor Novello award, he has been responsible for multiple global hits and is today cited as a major influence for and entire genre of music and hundreds of artists.

A fan driven Facebook group has been created with the aim of getting the 22 year old original version of 'Enjoy The Silence' to Christmas number 1. In addition, there is also a drive to raise funds for the Teenage Cancer Trust' driven initially by an attack on Martin Gore with him being labelled a 'weirdo' by a well known celebrity. The drive to download Enjoy the Silence (Single Version 2006 – Remaster) begins on the 10th December (to co-inside with the release of the X-factor single) and can be done using any of the following:-

FairShare Music - http://bit.ly/UpAhwF
+ 50% net profits to TCT (Choose TCT from charity dropdown)

iTunes UK - http://bit.ly/YEsx0f
Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/UHOoj8
Donate to Teenage Cancer Trust - http://bit.ly/TJGV26

Thanks to anyone that chooses to support us!!!
Old 07.12.2012, 08:50 PM
Team Captain

As long as X-Factor doesn't get Christmas number one I don't care.
Old 07.12.2012, 10:14 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsFan10 View Post
As long as X-Factor doesn't get Christmas number one I don't care.
The Xmas no. 1 stopped being relevant years ago when X-Factor started and the 'winner' releases a cover just before Xmas week. No disrespect to Depeche Mode and good luck to them but some of the 'anyone but the X-Factor' songs have been awful.
Old 12.12.2012, 08:13 PM
Starter

Thumbs up

I love Depeche Mode!!!
Old 13.12.2012, 02:10 PM
Rookie

I love Depeche Mode too and enjoy the silence is one of the best songs ever. Since a few years there is a remix version of this song and it is slightly better than the origianl song. I think that this song fits the mood of Christmas.
Btw do you have some presents for Christmas? I saw a Audemars Piguet in a internet shop and felt in love with this wristwatch. I wanna buy it for Christmas as a present for me.
What are your presents?

Last edited by NFLHenry; 17.12.2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 13.12.2012, 02:32 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Patriot View Post
The Xmas no. 1 stopped being relevant years ago when X-Factor started and the 'winner' releases a cover just before Xmas week. No disrespect to Depeche Mode and good luck to them but some of the 'anyone but the X-Factor' songs have been awful.
i stopped paying attention to the charts awhile ago, once TOTP died and then the itv trash decided to try and gift xmas no.1 to its talentless winner.

it was great when RATM won though.

although sometimes its funny when rubbish wins, i recall Blobby beating Take That after they thought that it was theres.
Old 13.12.2012, 03:42 PM
Hall of Fame

This thread made me go back and listen to Enjoy on the Silence on Youtube...And it immediately made me think I was suddenly back in prep school, everyone cruising on Saturday nights in packed cars, smoking Camel lights, trying to buy liquor and beer for a beach bonfire party - enjoying the silence.

Definitely one of those bands that feels time and place...and you can't grow old with them.
Old 13.12.2012, 04:54 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
it was great when RATM won though.
Yeah that was brilliant
Old 13.12.2012, 09:01 PM
Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHenry View Post
I love Depeche Mode too and enjoy the silence is one of the best songs ever. Since a few year there is a remix version of this song and it is slightly better than the origianl song.
Btw do you have some presents for Christmas? I saw a Audemars Piguet in a internet shop and felt in love with this wristwatch. I wanna buy it for Christmas as a present for me.
What are your presents?
If you're asking me, I don't celebrate Christmas. My real name is Ebenezer Scrooge and I am the son of the Grinch

But you can't go wrong with a copy of the album Violator