Sky users that want NFL NETWORK - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 05.04.2014, 04:26 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpeden2000 View Post
As someone above mentioned, the current advertising rules prevent Sky from showing most of NFL Networks shows.

Id much rather see ESPN UK get back into NFL programming (most of their adverts aren't fixed or can easily be covered up/replaced). PTI, ATH, NFL Live & Sportscenter to go along with the Countdown shows. Don't see it ever happening agian though im afraid, not enough of a market for it.

Id also be very surprised in they ever moved a team over here, fans in the States don't want it and neither do the players - its just the gready NFL bosses that do!
I agree, I don't want a team in th UK. The way the NFL is currently promoted on UK tv, media; it is not going to happen.
However if It does happen then the NFL would have to greatly increase the NFL programming on tv, whether it is NFL Network USA of UK. Sky would also need to pull their finger out.

The issue with advertising is not valid when the programming is live, hence why ESPN never had an issue with NFL countdown, BT with NBA Toyota halftime or even College Gameday ...as it live...but they never show a repeat of it.

Last edited by packerbully; 05.04.2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05.04.2014, 10:45 PM
Banned (Mano)

Just get Total Access back first, rather than having to go onto their website. To me Sky have messed up their off season coverage, there's no where near enough shown. And if their is it's games from the 80's even 70's. What about games from last season!
Old 09.04.2014, 08:45 PM
All Pro

Wasn't the idea of NFL Network on Sky binned a few years back because of all the on screen sponsorship/logos etc. Ofcom would have a conniption
Old 10.04.2014, 04:47 AM
Starter

Yes, come on sky, get Total Access back!!
Old 10.04.2014, 07:19 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase View Post
Wasn't the idea of NFL Network on Sky binned a few years back because of all the on screen sponsorship/logos etc. Ofcom would have a conniption
Ignore that possible issue, there is loads of NFL programming available and Sky give us nothing outside of the games, other than repeats of Americas game.
Old 10.04.2014, 07:28 AM
All Pro

Just while we're kinda on the subject - is there a legal way to watch the US ESPN channels over here?
Old 10.04.2014, 09:11 AM
Banned (Mano)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
Just while we're kinda on the subject - is there a legal way to watch the US ESPN channels over here?
Well there's ESPN Player (Online Player) but the quality is really poor compared to say Gamepass.
Old 10.04.2014, 09:37 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanta View Post
Well there's ESPN Player (Online Player) but the quality is really poor compared to say Gamepass.
I think ESPN player in the UK is just for college games etc. Don't think you can actual watch the ESPN channels from the states?
Old 10.04.2014, 09:41 AM
Banned (Mano)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
I think ESPN player in the UK is just for college games etc. Don't think you can actual watch the ESPN channels from the states?
Oh yeah good point lol my mistake
Old 10.04.2014, 09:55 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanta View Post
Oh yeah good point lol my mistake
No worries, mate.