Week 6 Sky games - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 07.10.2014, 06:01 PM
Pro Bowler

[QUOTE=Raider12;2106915][QUOTE=PavlovsDog;2106344]Strikes me as odd that they delay the announcement until most of Week 5 results are known, only to pick Lions @ Vikings with both teams coming off a loss.
[QUOTE]

I really think this was just to see what the more "attractive match up" was likely to be this Sunday - they were bound to show either the Lions or the Falcons in the run up to Wembley (in my opinion) -

I think if the Bears and/or Falcons had won they that may have got the nod (especially if both of them had won) - but as they didn't it is hard to justify two 2-3 teams to the masses as choice of the week - therefore we get the Seahawks and Cowboys (which should be a good game).

Whether they would have shown the Lions game regardless I don't know -

I personally don't mind them waiting until the Sunday before the following Sunday to announce the games they will show to be honest.
Old 07.10.2014, 06:31 PM
All Pro

When are we going to see a Browns game? 4 games, 2-2, 4 great games....wouldn't have minded Steelers/Browns this week
Old 07.10.2014, 06:35 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOMEFIELD View Post
Lions pick purely as a Wembley bound team.
I hope that doesn't mean having to suffer through a Jags game on Sky prior to Wembley
Old 07.10.2014, 06:51 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavlovsDog View Post
Strikes me as odd that they delay the announcement until most of Week 5 results are known, only to pick Lions @ Vikings with both teams coming off a loss
Quote:
I personally don't mind them waiting until the Sunday before the following Sunday to announce the games they will show to be honest.
I don't mind either, in fact it is preferable. I just can't see what difference the wait made given the eventual choices made.
Old 07.10.2014, 07:41 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavlovsDog View Post
I don't mind either, in fact it is preferable. I just can't see what difference the wait made given the eventual choices made.
I don't get the 6pm game and what may have swung that choice - maybe they planned to show the Lions game all along -

I do think though had the Bears and the Falcons games been different we would have seen the Bears Falcons this week - whether that would have affected the decision as to show the Lions-Vikes I don't know. Maybe they wouldn't want to show an (almost) all NFC North evening of games or maybe they didn't want to show both Wembley teams.

Don't know - I can't wait to see some of the Vikes home games later in the season - hoping we get a real snow game like some of the old NFL Films footage at the old Met!
Old 07.10.2014, 07:43 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase View Post
I hope that doesn't mean having to suffer through a Jags game on Sky prior to Wembley
I think you probably will
Old 07.10.2014, 08:17 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase View Post
When are we going to see a Browns game? 4 games, 2-2, 4 great games....wouldn't have minded Steelers/Browns this week
That was the early game i would have liked to have seen. You know that one will be entertaining. Wonder if they would be showing it if Johnny F was playing?
Old 08.10.2014, 06:22 AM
All Pro

I think the second game may have been the easiest game to select this season. The team with the equal best but most surprising record against the current, reigning, defending Superbowl champions is must see tv.
Old 08.10.2014, 08:38 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenFlyer View Post
I think the second game may have been the easiest game to select this season. The team with the equal best but most surprising record against the current, reigning, defending Superbowl champions is must see tv.
Yeah it is hard to argue against the final choice - it should be a cracker - wouldn't surprise me to see a defensive struggle that will erupt in the fourth quarter -

I will obviously watch the Bears-Falcons on gamepass - we really need to get this one and get on a run quickly - I am not convinced the Lions are as strong as their record appears - I think it is Green Bay we need to keep pace with, especially as we basically handed them the game a few weeks ago!
Old 08.10.2014, 09:10 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayers View Post
Yeah it is hard to argue against the final choice - it should be a cracker - wouldn't surprise me to see a defensive struggle that will erupt in the fourth quarter -

I will obviously watch the Bears-Falcons on gamepass - we really need to get this one and get on a run quickly - I am not convinced the Lions are as strong as their record appears - I think it is Green Bay we need to keep pace with, especially as we basically handed them the game a few weeks ago!
There was no way Sky would pick the Bears/Falcons match up here. Both teams are on two game losing streaks with records under .500. It might well be a more exciting game than the Seattle one but it could well involve teams who are a couple of losses away from being insignificant in 2014.