NFL A Football Life - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 23.11.2014, 04:02 PM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 18,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt55555 View Post
Already showing up for me - I'm watching via laptop, so sometimes takes a bit longer if you're trying to access by moblile/tablet?
Strange. I'm on my desktop but it isn't showing the Lyle Alzedo one. Most recent one is 'The Perfect Backfield'.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 23.11.2014, 04:07 PM
jrt55555's Avatar
jrt55555 jrt55555 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 26.10.2010
Posts: 6,670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Strange. I'm on my desktop but it isn't showing the Lyle Alzedo one. Most recent one is 'The Perfect Backfield'.
The Lyle Alzedo one is showing at the bottom of that list for me?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 23.11.2014, 04:09 PM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 18,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt55555 View Post
The Lyle Alzedo one is showing at the bottom of that list for me?
Nope, Joe Greene at the bottom, Perfect Backfield at the top. Perhaps it'll sort itself in the next 20 mins or so. I even logged out and back in again to see if that helped, but no.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 23.11.2014, 05:31 PM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 18,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt55555 View Post
The Lyle Alzedo one is showing at the bottom of that list for me?
Watched it. Must have been some sort of delay.

Talk about living life to the full. Sad that his drive/ambition cost him in the end, a cautionary tale. That said, all that made him who he was.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 25.11.2014, 11:29 PM
durham_raider's Avatar
durham_raider durham_raider is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 24.10.2003
Posts: 1,463
Default

How long does it usually take for Sky to get round to showing these? I'm looking to see the Lyle Alzado one.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 29.11.2014, 06:19 PM
Kase's Avatar
Kase Kase is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 10.09.2006
Posts: 2,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by durham_raider View Post
How long does it usually take for Sky to get round to showing these? I'm looking to see the Lyle Alzado one.
Sky seems to show them in a random order, there's lots of episodes they haven't shown yet from previous seasons......the Lyle Alzado is a good episode though
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 30.11.2014, 04:37 PM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 18,297
Default

A Football Life: Barry Sanders.

Perfect viewing for the next hour.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05.12.2014, 07:17 AM
steelers_wheelman's Avatar
steelers_wheelman steelers_wheelman is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 29.05.2012
Posts: 2,874
Send a message via Skype™ to steelers_wheelman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase View Post
Sky seems to show them in a random order, there's lots of episodes they haven't shown yet from previous seasons......the Lyle Alzado is a good episode though
I felt quite disappointed at how much they seemed to gloss over The sheer volume of domestic abuse he visited on the women in his life (assuming the books I've read are halfway accurate). Doubtless a lot of it came from the steroids, but talk about glossing over cracks
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08.12.2014, 09:26 PM
Kase's Avatar
Kase Kase is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 10.09.2006
Posts: 2,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers_wheelman View Post
I felt quite disappointed at how much they seemed to gloss over The sheer volume of domestic abuse he visited on the women in his life (assuming the books I've read are halfway accurate). Doubtless a lot of it came from the steroids, but talk about glossing over cracks
I must admit I'd never heard those stories about domestic abuse but if true I couldn't say I'd be surprised.

Butkus/Sayers was good last week, have yet to watch the Staubach episode
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10.12.2014, 04:04 PM
Sayers's Avatar
Sayers Sayers is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 09.09.2006
Posts: 780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase View Post
I must admit I'd never heard those stories about domestic abuse but if true I couldn't say I'd be surprised.

Butkus/Sayers was good last week, have yet to watch the Staubach episode
Just out of interest - anyone know why the Butkus Sayers one is not in the archives yet?

Regarding Alzado - a tough one that one - I too have read accounts of him hitting his first wife - as said there would have been "reasons" to this behaviour but still...... But in the same breath it wouldn't be great to paint him as an absolute monster either. Great show though!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 08:55 PM.