NFL A Football Life - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 12.10.2014, 03:45 PM
All Pro

Default NFL A Football Life

What a fantastic and interesting series this is, just watching the Tom Landry episode now, cant believe he was the defensive co-ordinator for the Giants and a certain V. Lombardi was the offensive co-ordinator, if you get a chance these programmes are an excellent watch I remember watching a episode that featured Al Davis a while back and found it fascinating.
Old 12.10.2014, 04:03 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljs4 View Post
What a fantastic and interesting series this is, just watching the Tom Landry episode now, cant believe he was the defensive co-ordinator for the Giants and a certain V. Lombardi was the offensive co-ordinator, if you get a chance these programmes are an excellent watch I remember watching a episode that featured Al Davis a while back and found it fascinating.
+1. Couldn't agree more. One of the unexpected plus's of signing up to GamePass. Really enjoyed watching the 'Great Wall of Dallas' one the other week.
Old 14.10.2014, 06:07 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljs4 View Post
These are all brilliant shows -
Some real crackers though - Walter Payton, John Riggins, Sean Taylor, Mike Ditka - there was also a two part special on Belichick
The recent Brandon Marshall one was also very good!
Like I say they are all good so watch as many as you can -

The America' Game episodes are also essential viewing
Old 21.10.2014, 07:25 PM
All Pro

Send a message via Skype™ to steelers_wheelman

The early ones were great - Lombardi, Walter Payton, Al Davis, Tom Landry - but I'm starting to get the sense that they're running out of decent stories.
Old 21.10.2014, 10:15 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers_wheelman View Post
The early ones were great - Lombardi, Walter Payton, Al Davis, Tom Landry - but I'm starting to get the sense that they're running out of decent stories.
I agree the early ones were indeed great - but I think the recent ones have been just as good -

Sean Taylor was a no brainer! They were bound to make it and were right too -
I loved the Eric Dickerson, Warren Moon and Doug Flutie ones - all were very valid choices -

ED was a fascinating runner - truly one of the best of his era -
Warren Moon could arguably be the most underrated passer of the modern NFL - I mean the guy was THAT good - when you look at his combined CFL and NFL numbers they are staggering -

A real good show though all around

I would like to see them maybe do a few more Missing Rings America's Game episodes - the 2007 Pats would be an obvious one!
It would also be great if they did a similar type show but for some of the old NFL and AFL champions from 1921-1965 - I know a lot of those players will be no longer with us but there would be plenty of archive footage/interviews etc.
Old 22.10.2014, 05:50 AM
All Pro

Send a message via Skype™ to steelers_wheelman

Totally with you on more Missing Rings.
Old 22.10.2014, 08:35 AM
All Pro

I might be wrong but I can't help feeling that Steve Sabol's influence is sorely missed at NFL Films. It's not just this series I've felt a decline in quality. The highlights on Inside the NFL don't feel anywhere near as well crafted as previous years.
Old 12.11.2014, 11:16 PM
Team Captain

Smile

A lot of these are now available on Sky On Demand.

Recently watched the Kurt Warner episode and it was incredible. A must see for anyone like me who didnt know his story.

I'm trying to work my way through as many as I can.

As a new NFL fan (only started watching half way through last season) it's a great way to catch up on some of the amazing sporting stories Iv missed out on through the years and get an appreciation for some of the history and character of some teams that I know little about.
Old 13.11.2014, 06:27 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeClosely View Post
A lot of these are now available on Sky On Demand.

Recently watched the Kurt Warner episode and it was incredible. A must see for anyone like me who didnt know his story.

I'm trying to work my way through as many as I can.

As a new NFL fan (only started watching half way through last season) it's a great way to catch up on some of the amazing sporting stories Iv missed out on through the years and get an appreciation for some of the history and character of some teams that I know little about.
For those who haven't got gamepass, all 'A Football Life' are available on there.

The must see one (which is also currently available on Sky On Demand) is the Vince Lombardi double-episode one.
Old 14.11.2014, 10:47 AM
Pro Bowler

Sean Taylor episode was amazing. Stunningly produced.