Los Angeles Chargers Thread - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Old 17.11.2005, 02:45 PM
MVP

Default Re:San Diego Super-Chargers Thread

[quote author=Boltman link=board=1;threadid=14770;start=0#msg343435 date=1132237993]
[quote author=smw2020 link=board=1;threadid=14770;start=0#msg343427 date=1132237708]
If we get our act together that Arrowhead trip will be most interesting
[/quote]

Yeah, what in hells name happened to you guys v's the Bills? ???
[/quote]

No healthy offensive tackles + 1 badly timed Eric Warfield jump + 1 perfectly thrown J.P Losman pass = 14-3 Bills
Old 17.11.2005, 05:50 PM
MVP

I think Marty is a great coach so I've been keeping an eye on the chargers since he left DC and landed at SD.

The chargers next 4 games could be losses. None of those teams are going to just roll over for a jolt.

In each of those match-ups I would take the home team if i was picking so I predict 3-1.

San Diego is only one game behind Jacksonville for the 2nd wild card spot. Jacksonville's last 7 games could go 6-1, or 5-2 for a win total of 11 or 12. Don't count on the jags to go 4-3 on that schedule.

10 wins usually gets a wildcard birth, but this year it looks like 10 wins puts a team in a tie-breaker, at best. I'm sure 2nd place in the AFC North (Cincy or Pitt) will have at least 11 wins and the Jags could reach it too.
Old 17.11.2005, 05:53 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Riggo link=board=1;threadid=14770;start=0#msg343684 date=1132249840]
I think Marty is a great coach so I've been keeping an eye on the chargers since he left DC and landed at SD.

The chargers next 4 games could be losses. None of those teams are going to just roll over for a jolt.

In each of those match-ups I would take the home team if i was picking so I predict 3-1.

San Diego is only one game behind Jacksonville for the 2nd wild card spot. Jacksonville's last 7 games could go 6-1, or 5-2 for a win total of 11 or 12. Don't count on the jags to go 4-3 on that schedule.

10 wins usually gets a wildcard birth, but this year it looks like 10 wins puts a team in a tie-breaker, at best. I'm sure 2nd place in the AFC North (Cincy or Pitt) will have at least 11 wins and the Jags could reach it too.
[/quote]

Riggo,

I don't expect any of those 4 games to be easy but I do think the Bolts can, and probably should win all 4. I agree with your assesment of the AFC playoff picture, 10 wins aint gonna be enough for somebody. Spot on.
Old 17.11.2005, 06:20 PM
All Pro

I was watching some college football today, and Brady Leafwas QBing WSU, and lo and behold Ryan 'Supercharger' Leaf was watching, what relation are they?
Old 17.11.2005, 06:26 PM
All Pro

[quote author=BigBarters#97 [Post ***** Extrodinaire] link=board=1;threadid=14770;start=0#msg343718 date=1132251615]
I was watching some college football today, and Brady Leafwas QBing WSU, and lo and behold Ryan 'Supercharger' Leaf was watching, what relation are they?
[/quote]

Arggggghhhh Say not that name in here! >

For the record, I reckon Ryan is probably Brady's brother and father!. ;D
Old 29.11.2005, 09:18 AM
All Pro

Well it's half way in the Bolts mini-season, two wins out of two, still not in a wildcard spot, but if we keep on winning things should take care of themselves.

I was delighted with the OT win in Washington because it was a game the Bolts would've lost earlier in the season. Maybe Marty was right when he said last year that teams have to "learn" how to win games. Anyway, looking forwards, the next two are home games against the Faiders and Fish, frankly two that should be won to bring an end to this part of the season, and then we have what I feel is yet another "mini-season", two tough road games in Indi and KC, and lastly the Donks at the Jack.

I just hope that prior to those last three games, we've put ourselves in a position to grab a play-off spot, i.e. NO GOOF UPS!.

Sorry for the self indulgent post, but I don't want this thread to die horribly, and yes this is as much of a BUMP! as anything else. ;D
Old 29.11.2005, 01:34 PM
MVP

[quote author=Boltman link=board=1;threadid=14770;start=0#msg343690 date=1132249988]
[quote author=Riggo link=board=1;threadid=14770;start=0#msg343684 date=1132249840]

[/quote]

Riggo,

I don't expect any of those 4 games to be easy but I do think the Bolts can, and probably should win all 4. I agree with your assesment of the AFC playoff picture, 10 wins aint gonna be enough for somebody. Spot on.
[/quote]

Glad you bumped this up, the AFC wild card race is very interesting and the chargers managed to beat washington at washington, very exciting game. I think they will the next two games.

Above I pointed out the dire situation SD was facing with Jax having such an easy schedule compared the brutal road for the chargers. With the loss of Leftwich the Jags schedule seems a little tougher now.

Now that the Skins game is done I will root for Marty and Co. I have not seen them on TV this year at all.

Old 21.12.2005, 12:14 PM
MVP

When this post was started it was how to catch the Jags for 2nd wild card spot. Now the Jags seem to have a lock on the 1st wildcard and SD need help from Pittsburgh as Pittburgh holds the head to head advantage over SD.

Pittsburgh gets cleveland and detroit
SD gets KC and Denver.

It's looking bleak for Coach Schottenheimer.
Old 21.12.2005, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

One thing that gives me hope. The Steelers must win out and they aren't particularly consistent last few weeks.
Also if we can beat the Chiefs, (and the Broncos do the unlikely and lose to the Raiders) we take the division if we can beat them the final week at home.
Its a big ask and in all honesty though I don't expect us to hit the postseason.
Old 22.12.2005, 01:00 PM
All Pro

I can't see the Chargers making the playoffs ... which is a real shame, with their schedule it was always going to be tough, and the fact they have been thrown all over America seems to have resulted in inconsistent play from in my mind one of the best three teams in the NFL.

Anyways ... next year ... i can only see them getting better presuming they have the room to keep a lot of their players. Maybe upgrade the CB/ WR position and draft some O-Line prospects. That front seven in the defence looks very nice to me (and i can confirm if i was quarterbacking against them I would soil my pants such would be my fear)