Los Angeles Chargers Thread - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Old 26.12.2005, 01:42 PM
MVP

Default Re:San Diego Super-Chargers Thread

[quote author=Khaled link=board=1;threadid=14770;start=15#msg378031 date=1135256440]
I can't see the Chargers making the playoffs ... which is a real shame, with their schedule it was always going to be tough, and the fact they have been thrown all over America seems to have resulted in inconsistent play from in my mind one of the best three teams in the NFL.

Anyways ... next year ... i can only see them getting better presuming they have the room to keep a lot of their players. Maybe upgrade the CB/ WR position and draft some O-Line prospects. That front seven in the defence looks very nice to me (and i can confirm if i was quarterbacking against them I would soil my pants such would be my fear)
[/quote]

I like the Chargers and I like Marty-ball. But the key loss was the home game against Miami late in the season when they had every motivation possible. All year long the chargers were highly placed in the various Rankings, but losing late to weaker team in that situation is the kiss of death. Hopefully my redskins will avoid a similar fate with their game against the eagles this week.
Old 29.01.2006, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Well, we've resigned Kassim Osgood (pro bowl special teamer, plus #5 WR on the depth chart) to a 4 year contract.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...8nflnotes.html
and we are looking for an o line coach
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...5chargers.html
Apparently the favourite so far is the Saints line coach
Old 29.01.2006, 02:24 PM
All Pro

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/SD/9194053

Its official ... new o-line coach for the Chargers
Old 29.01.2006, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Oh and the Vikings have taken our director of scouting
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2305418
Quote:
San Diego Chargers director of pro scouting Fran Foley has agreed in principle to become the new director of player personnel for the Minnesota Vikings, and a deal is expected to be completed by the end of the week.

Foley would become the third "point" in what new Vikings owner Zygi Wilf has described as a "triangle of authority" in the franchise's revamped football operation. In the front office model described by Wilf last week, vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski and the club's personnel director will work with new head coach Brad Childress in a committee approach.

The highly respected Brzezinski signed a three-year contract extension during the final weekend of the regular season. Childress, former offensive coordinator for the Eagles, was hired two weeks ago to replace the deposed Mike Tice. Wilf has been clear for some time about the need to hire a top personnel executive.

After the Vikings interviewed at least seven candidates, Foley was offered the job earlier this week. The two sides are working toward finalizing his contract.

Foley, 44, joined the Chargers' scouting staff in 2003 after spending the previous nine seasons with the Jacksonville Jaguars. A former college coach, Foley was hired in 1994 as assistant director of pro personnel, and then promoted in 1998 to the position of director of pro scouting.

The addition of Foley, when it becomes official, further strengthens a front office that Wilf has worked hard to bolster since purchasing the Vikings last spring. Under former owner Red McCombs, the Vikings had one of the league's smallest support staffs.
Old 29.01.2006, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

[quote author=Khaled (riding the Bus to the Bowl) link=board=1;threadid=14770;start=15#msg417359 date=1138544646]
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/SD/9194053

Its official ... new o-line coach for the Chargers
[/quote]
Sweet, hes the guy I wanted.
Old 01.02.2006, 09:08 PM
Team Captain

just thought I'd chuck my name down on the Chargers thread....not very many of us at all but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Old 02.02.2006, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

You're right that theres not many of us.

Have you heard we are interviewing John Ramsdell to replace Brian Schottenheimer as QB coach (who went to the Jets as OC). Ramsdell spent the last 8 years with the Rams and helped develop Trent Green, Kurt Warner and Mark Bulger. A great signing if we get him.

Another rumour is that one of the QBs may be heading to NY.
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9201384

Quote:
KIDDY CORNER

Jets head coach Eric Mangini and his offensive coordinator, Brian Schottenheimer, are a combined 67 years old -- two years older than Washington head coach Joe Gibbs.

And some of that youthful enthusiasm could manifest itself in the Jets' pursuit of a quarterback.

San Diego QB Philip Rivers could be on the Jets' radar screen.
Schotteneheimer worked closely in San Diego with Chargers quarterbacks Drew Brees and Philip Rivers. The Jets need a quarterback, and have the draft's fourth overall pick as ammunition -- the exact spot in which Rivers was selected.

If anybody knows a scouting report on San Diego's quarterbacks, it's Schottenheimer. San Diego would prefer not to trade either, but if it had to part with one, the Chargers might prefer to deal Brees.

New York's problem might not be what it can give up in return. It might be squeezing the quarterback under its salary cap. The Jets are in a rough salary-cap position, and some veterans are expecting to be released. Some moves are going to have to be made.

But it will be up to Mangini and Schottenehimer to prove that they are wiser than their years as they try to return the Jets to the playoffs.
Old 02.02.2006, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

It'd be great though if we did trade Rivers to NY for the #4 pick - hello D'Brick
Old 03.02.2006, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

We've just anounced the extension of Clinton Hart (S) for 3 years. Decent player and may get a shot next year
Old 05.02.2006, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Just anounced Randall Godfrey is retiring after 10 uears in the league. this opens a big need for us now as I'm not happy with Cooper or Wilheml as a starter