Anyone been Georgia Dome? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Atlanta Falcons

Old 21.11.2013, 04:41 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwngs View Post
I'm gonna be staying in Atlanta for a few days next year can any of guys recommend hotels/good areas to stay in? I've always heard Atlanta is a really dangerious city and don't wanna end up staying in the wrong part of town
I've stayed at the Sheraton and Westin Peachtree Plaza. Both decent hotels (the Westin entrance/lobby is confusing at first). Apparently you can get cheap rooms at the Westin through hotwire, but I've yet to try. The OMNI is next to the arena/dome and is meant to be very good.

Alternatively you can up your price range and stay in Buckhead.

If you drive, get out and about for a day or two.
Old 26.11.2013, 09:37 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domed Outter View Post
I've stayed at the Sheraton and Westin Peachtree Plaza. Both decent hotels (the Westin entrance/lobby is confusing at first). Apparently you can get cheap rooms at the Westin through hotwire, but I've yet to try. The OMNI is next to the arena/dome and is meant to be very good.

Alternatively you can up your price range and stay in Buckhead.

If you drive, get out and about for a day or two.
I'm looking to keep it relatively cheap, so might try and stay outside of Downtown Atlanta as long as the area is good I'm not too worried about the hotel.
Old 28.11.2013, 07:10 PM
Pro

I went a few years ago and got a reasonable deal at the Sheraton. I wanted to be in walking distance of the stadium as I was on my own and didnt fancy having to negotiate public transport. Was only there for a long weekend but it was more than fine and delivered what I needed.
The other option (depending on who and how long you're going for) would be to look at an apartment rental for two or three nights near the stadium)..that might work out a bit cheaper
Old 29.11.2013, 10:08 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongirl75 View Post
I went a few years ago and got a reasonable deal at the Sheraton. I wanted to be in walking distance of the stadium as I was on my own and didnt fancy having to negotiate public transport. Was only there for a long weekend but it was more than fine and delivered what I needed.
The other option (depending on who and how long you're going for) would be to look at an apartment rental for two or three nights near the stadium)..that might work out a bit cheaper
An apartment would have been good but usually there's a minimum stay and we're really just using Atlanta as a base so we'll only be there for a night at a time at different times throughout the fortnight whilst travelling to SC, NC & TN. Also thought of getting a log cabin in Chattanooga but only there for one night and minimum is two nights! We'll probably just try out a couple different hotels on the different nights we're there so at least if we get stuck in a bad one it's only for a night!
Old 05.12.2013, 11:06 AM
Pro Bowler

The areas south of the city centre are the rougher parts. There are some really nice hotels in Midtown district, 20 mins from the GA Dome.

The last few times I've gone, I've stayed a little further afield, at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Petimeter. Cheap and cheerful, but does the job.

I'd recommend staying within walking distance of a Marta rail station, as they are convenient for getting to the games and getting around town.