Superbowl 51 Game day thread. - Page 55 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Old 06.02.2017, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

On a plus note, I got my first ever mention on TV (Mark Chapman read out my Tweet about Atlanta choking)...
Old 06.02.2017, 04:47 PM
Hall of Fame

think they said the Falcons ran the ball 5 times in the 2nd half and Julio had 4 targets in thw whole game.guess normally losing superbowl teams get to just go into the off-season but wonder if when Kyle gets the 49ers Job and has his press conference will the media be allowed to ask any Falcons play calling questions.

the Falcons threw the ball 17 times in the 2nd half and the Patriots who had only blitzed 7% of the 1st half passes brough an extra man on 40% in the 2nd half and the Atlanta o-line couldn't cope.
Old 06.02.2017, 04:49 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
There's nothing wrong with the Overtime rule. I have no sympathy for Atalanta, they couldn't have lost that game from that position without playing a big part in it. Why should they get another shot in OT?
Taking out last nights circumstances, I still feel a team should have a chance to reply with a TD should someone get one with their first possession in overtime.

Say two teams alternate TDs for an entire game, why shouldn't the other team get a chance to respond rather than straight up lose?

In other news, god work has been a struggle today. Urgh.
Old 06.02.2017, 05:22 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_chicane View Post
Taking out last nights circumstances, I still feel a team should have a chance to reply with a TD should someone get one with their first possession in overtime.

Say two teams alternate TDs for an entire game, why shouldn't the other team get a chance to respond rather than straight up lose?

In other news, god work has been a struggle today. Urgh.

God work is always a struggle. Proving their existence, all that stuff...

Anyway, the OT rule... Has improved from before, but the coin toss is still too much of a factor. If a game is tied and is going to OT, if one of the teams has an advantage in TDs scored over kicks scored - give the team with most TDs the ball, if they choose. If both teams have scored the same amount of TDs, give the ball to the team that doesn't have any, or has the fewest personal fouls against them. If that still doesn't separate the teams, give the ball to the team that has given up a home game to London.

You get the idea though. Try to make it performance related rather than the toss of a coin.
Old 06.02.2017, 05:51 PM
Team Captain

What a game we were fortunate to witness last night this is the reason we disrupt our natural sleep patterns and spend 20 odd Monday and Tuesday mornings each year feeling like crap.

I think that no matter what team you follow you can do nothing but admire this organization, for years they have been the team to beat, the team that many want to see fail, they have possibly the best coach that the game has seen and without any possible doubt the greatest Q/b in the history of the game, Whatever negativity anyone feels in having to watch yet another superbowl with the Patriots representing the AFC you have to admit they do their fair share of contributing to fantastic exciting games, even the couple of defeats.
The main thing i have long admired is the belief and the Patriot way, it is second to none.

Commiserations to all Falcon fans and congratulations to all Patriot fans you follow one hell of a team, i will settle to watch a few more superbowls with the Patriots in them especially if the Packers are there opponents.
Old 06.02.2017, 06:32 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_chicane View Post

the team that loses the toss still gets to play defence,this is not college where you start deep in the other teams half and points are almost guaranteed.the Patriots had to drive 75 yards for the win,if the Falcons got a 3 and out they would only need a couple of 1st downs to be in field goal range after a punt.

if you want to make overtime "fair" dont allow field goals and if there's no winner after each team has the ball once then no punting either.
Old 06.02.2017, 08:30 PM
All Pro

BB does not struggle for goodness fortune in Superbowls with everything either the Pats or Giants! This one probably beats Seattle throwing on the goal line and the Bills missing an easy FG.

Great defensive effort by that Patriot line in the second half and Matty Icemelt will take that game losing sack out of field position to the grave. The Edleman catch completely eclipses Tyree's for me for pure freakishness and the fact it was a poor pass that was tipped. Talk about a sare yin. Not bad entertainment!
Old 06.02.2017, 09:01 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce ma Goose View Post
BB does not struggle for goodness fortune in Superbowls with everything either the Pats or Giants! This one probably beats Seattle throwing on the goal line and the Bills missing an easy FG.

Great defensive effort by that Patriot line in the second half and Matty Icemelt will take that game losing sack out of field position to the grave. The Edleman catch completely eclipses Tyree's for me for pure freakishness and the fact it was a poor pass that was tipped. Talk about a sare yin. Not bad entertainment!
the great Arnold Palmer once said "the more i practice the luckier i get".

Trey Flowers had a monster game and still dont know how Edelman got that ball,was more Kearse with the ball hitting body parts but maybe its our Tyree moment,about time the Pats got a break or two.......
Old 06.02.2017, 09:06 PM
All Pro

What an amazing game. Like many others I thought the game was over at HT.

Falcon fans probably feel like I did after the 2007 loss to the Giants and that's a whole lot of hurt.
Old 06.02.2017, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Keep remembering moments that made the game. Wasn't there a 4th and 3 conversion in pats territory?
Edelman' catch is the obvious highlight but there were so many vital moments last night.