Premier League Thread - Page 42 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

  #411  
Old 22.11.2008, 10:30 PM
ROVERBOY's Avatar
ROVERBOY ROVERBOY is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 05.10.2003
Posts: 2,908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramraider View Post
So Gallas has finally been stripped of the Captaincy at Arsenal. It looks to me that the problems that he had at Chelsea are now appearing at Arsenal. Who can forget his display last year during the game at home to Birmingham. No doubt everyone else is to blame for the problems that Arsenal are facing. Any bets on Gallas leaving at the end of the season?

Gallas will probably go whether in Jan or more likely in the summer;but i'm not really bothered about Arsenal and their so called problems i'm more worried about my own team,Blackburn Rovers who at the moment seem to be in freefall with a manager who seems oout of his depth at this level.

I'm not bothered about he's young ,black etc,if he's not good enough ,he's not good enough..The next few games don't bode well so if things don't improve by christmas he's got to go.

Moan over
Reply With Quote
  #412  
Old 22.11.2008, 10:43 PM
vann_mcelroy's Avatar
vann_mcelroy vann_mcelroy is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 23.08.2004
Posts: 17,449
Default

The Whinger has already said he wants to move back to France... PSG is his first choice, but I doubt they have the cash for him...

----

He added to the speculation over his future today by revealing that he wants to play in France. "It's true that I'd like to return to France for one or perhaps two seasons to finish my career," Gallas said.

"But if I go, it won't be to just anywhere. I'd go to a big club or nowhere at all. The choices look simple to me - it would be Marseilles, Lyons, PSG or, let's not forget, Bordeaux. PSG are a massive club and known everywhere."

Gallas said that he was attracted to the prospect of joining Claude Makelele, his former Chelsea team-mate, at Paris St Germain. "He's told me that he's pretty happy to be in Paris. He feels he's getting the respect he deserves from everyone.

"As far as Bordeaux, I really like the club and the region. I was a Jean Tigana fan when he played for Bordeaux. Their coach now is Laurent Blanc who I've never played for but who knows football off by heart and must be a good guy to lead you."

---

Nice of him to show so much commitment to Arsenal. I never thought I would say this, but from a footballing standpoint, maybve Chelsea got the better end of the deal when they swapped Gallas for Cashley Cole.
Reply With Quote
  #413  
Old 22.11.2008, 11:10 PM
tomwil93's Avatar
tomwil93 tomwil93 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 11.11.2008
Posts: 1,772
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROVERBOY View Post
Gallas will probably go whether in Jan or more likely in the summer;but i'm not really bothered about Arsenal and their so called problems i'm more worried about my own team,Blackburn Rovers who at the moment seem to be in freefall with a manager who seems oout of his depth at this level.

I'm not bothered about he's young ,black etc,if he's not good enough ,he's not good enough..The next few games don't bode well so if things don't improve by christmas he's got to go.

Moan over

William Gallas anoys me he moans about everything and he crys at everygame if he loses or draws lol
Reply With Quote
  #414  
Old 23.11.2008, 08:57 AM
Ramraider's Avatar
Ramraider Ramraider is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 13.09.2005
Posts: 3,307
Default

So we have Chelsea 0 Newcastle 0, Liverpool 0 Fulham 0, Aston Villa 0 Man U 0 and Man City 3 Arsenal 0

Does anyone else think that the international friendly games during mid week were the cause of all the top four teams shooting blanks yesterday? Well maybe not at the Arsenal game
Reply With Quote
  #415  
Old 23.11.2008, 09:33 AM
jack1's Avatar
jack1 jack1 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 20.10.2006
Posts: 2,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vann_mcelroy View Post
The Whinger has already said he wants to move back to France... PSG is his first choice, but I doubt they have the cash for him...

----

He added to the speculation over his future today by revealing that he wants to play in France. "It's true that I'd like to return to France for one or perhaps two seasons to finish my career," Gallas said.

"But if I go, it won't be to just anywhere. I'd go to a big club or nowhere at all. The choices look simple to me - it would be Marseilles, Lyons, PSG or, let's not forget, Bordeaux. PSG are a massive club and known everywhere."

Gallas said that he was attracted to the prospect of joining Claude Makelele, his former Chelsea team-mate, at Paris St Germain. "He's told me that he's pretty happy to be in Paris. He feels he's getting the respect he deserves from everyone.

"As far as Bordeaux, I really like the club and the region. I was a Jean Tigana fan when he played for Bordeaux. Their coach now is Laurent Blanc who I've never played for but who knows football off by heart and must be a good guy to lead you."

---

Nice of him to show so much commitment to Arsenal. I never thought I would say this, but from a footballing standpoint, maybve Chelsea got the better end of the deal when they swapped Gallas for Cashley Cole.
I'm also inclined to agree although both players were over valued really. Even though it was a swap they roughly valued Gallas at 15m and Cole at 25m.
Reply With Quote
  #416  
Old 23.11.2008, 12:33 PM
Deise Jet's Avatar
Deise Jet Deise Jet is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 19.11.2006
Posts: 2,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1 View Post
I'm also inclined to agree although both players were over valued really. Even though it was a swap they roughly valued Gallas at 15m and Cole at 25m.
At that point it could be argued that Cole was one of if not the best left back in the world plus if your selling to a rival surely you want a bit more money no?
Reply With Quote
  #417  
Old 23.11.2008, 09:08 PM
terry's Avatar
terry terry is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 25.10.2004
Posts: 3,362
Default

nearly fell asleep over the lane today....but a win is a win..
Reply With Quote
  #418  
Old 24.11.2008, 05:44 PM
jack1's Avatar
jack1 jack1 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 20.10.2006
Posts: 2,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbyrne View Post
At that point it could be argued that Cole was one of if not the best left back in the world plus if your selling to a rival surely you want a bit more money no?
I agree that cole was worth more im just stating that i think the rough values of 15m for gallas and 25m for cole were both to high but i suppose it was fair as i suspect if both players were sold today Cole would be worth 10m more.
Reply With Quote
  #419  
Old 24.11.2008, 11:48 PM
ROVERBOY's Avatar
ROVERBOY ROVERBOY is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 05.10.2003
Posts: 2,908
Angry

Ince as got to go as Blackburn boss,he's out of his depth
Reply With Quote
  #420  
Old 24.11.2008, 11:56 PM
towen5's Avatar
towen5 towen5 is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 16.09.2006
Posts: 9,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramraider View Post
So we have Chelsea 0 Newcastle 0, Liverpool 0 Fulham 0, Aston Villa 0 Man U 0 and Man City 3 Arsenal 0

Does anyone else think that the international friendly games during mid week were the cause of all the top four teams shooting blanks yesterday? Well maybe not at the Arsenal game
Robinho had to fly to Brasilia and back yet still looked s**thot against Arsenals defence.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 05:16 AM.