Premier League Thread - Page 42 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 22.11.2008, 10:30 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramraider View Post
So Gallas has finally been stripped of the Captaincy at Arsenal. It looks to me that the problems that he had at Chelsea are now appearing at Arsenal. Who can forget his display last year during the game at home to Birmingham. No doubt everyone else is to blame for the problems that Arsenal are facing. Any bets on Gallas leaving at the end of the season?

Gallas will probably go whether in Jan or more likely in the summer;but i'm not really bothered about Arsenal and their so called problems i'm more worried about my own team,Blackburn Rovers who at the moment seem to be in freefall with a manager who seems oout of his depth at this level.

I'm not bothered about he's young ,black etc,if he's not good enough ,he's not good enough..The next few games don't bode well so if things don't improve by christmas he's got to go.

Moan over
Old 22.11.2008, 10:43 PM
Hall of Fame

The Whinger has already said he wants to move back to France... PSG is his first choice, but I doubt they have the cash for him...

----

He added to the speculation over his future today by revealing that he wants to play in France. "It's true that I'd like to return to France for one or perhaps two seasons to finish my career," Gallas said.

"But if I go, it won't be to just anywhere. I'd go to a big club or nowhere at all. The choices look simple to me - it would be Marseilles, Lyons, PSG or, let's not forget, Bordeaux. PSG are a massive club and known everywhere."

Gallas said that he was attracted to the prospect of joining Claude Makelele, his former Chelsea team-mate, at Paris St Germain. "He's told me that he's pretty happy to be in Paris. He feels he's getting the respect he deserves from everyone.

"As far as Bordeaux, I really like the club and the region. I was a Jean Tigana fan when he played for Bordeaux. Their coach now is Laurent Blanc who I've never played for but who knows football off by heart and must be a good guy to lead you."

---

Nice of him to show so much commitment to Arsenal. I never thought I would say this, but from a footballing standpoint, maybve Chelsea got the better end of the deal when they swapped Gallas for Cashley Cole.
Old 22.11.2008, 11:10 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROVERBOY View Post
Gallas will probably go whether in Jan or more likely in the summer;but i'm not really bothered about Arsenal and their so called problems i'm more worried about my own team,Blackburn Rovers who at the moment seem to be in freefall with a manager who seems oout of his depth at this level.

I'm not bothered about he's young ,black etc,if he's not good enough ,he's not good enough..The next few games don't bode well so if things don't improve by christmas he's got to go.

Moan over

William Gallas anoys me he moans about everything and he crys at everygame if he loses or draws lol
Old 23.11.2008, 08:57 AM
All Pro

So we have Chelsea 0 Newcastle 0, Liverpool 0 Fulham 0, Aston Villa 0 Man U 0 and Man City 3 Arsenal 0

Does anyone else think that the international friendly games during mid week were the cause of all the top four teams shooting blanks yesterday? Well maybe not at the Arsenal game
Old 23.11.2008, 09:33 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vann_mcelroy View Post
The Whinger has already said he wants to move back to France... PSG is his first choice, but I doubt they have the cash for him...

----

He added to the speculation over his future today by revealing that he wants to play in France. "It's true that I'd like to return to France for one or perhaps two seasons to finish my career," Gallas said.

"But if I go, it won't be to just anywhere. I'd go to a big club or nowhere at all. The choices look simple to me - it would be Marseilles, Lyons, PSG or, let's not forget, Bordeaux. PSG are a massive club and known everywhere."

Gallas said that he was attracted to the prospect of joining Claude Makelele, his former Chelsea team-mate, at Paris St Germain. "He's told me that he's pretty happy to be in Paris. He feels he's getting the respect he deserves from everyone.

"As far as Bordeaux, I really like the club and the region. I was a Jean Tigana fan when he played for Bordeaux. Their coach now is Laurent Blanc who I've never played for but who knows football off by heart and must be a good guy to lead you."

---

Nice of him to show so much commitment to Arsenal. I never thought I would say this, but from a footballing standpoint, maybve Chelsea got the better end of the deal when they swapped Gallas for Cashley Cole.
I'm also inclined to agree although both players were over valued really. Even though it was a swap they roughly valued Gallas at 15m and Cole at 25m.
Old 23.11.2008, 12:33 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1 View Post
I'm also inclined to agree although both players were over valued really. Even though it was a swap they roughly valued Gallas at 15m and Cole at 25m.
At that point it could be argued that Cole was one of if not the best left back in the world plus if your selling to a rival surely you want a bit more money no?
Old 23.11.2008, 09:08 PM
All Pro

nearly fell asleep over the lane today....but a win is a win..
Old 24.11.2008, 05:44 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbyrne View Post
At that point it could be argued that Cole was one of if not the best left back in the world plus if your selling to a rival surely you want a bit more money no?
I agree that cole was worth more im just stating that i think the rough values of 15m for gallas and 25m for cole were both to high but i suppose it was fair as i suspect if both players were sold today Cole would be worth 10m more.
Old 24.11.2008, 11:48 PM
All Pro

Angry

Ince as got to go as Blackburn boss,he's out of his depth
Old 24.11.2008, 11:56 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramraider View Post
So we have Chelsea 0 Newcastle 0, Liverpool 0 Fulham 0, Aston Villa 0 Man U 0 and Man City 3 Arsenal 0

Does anyone else think that the international friendly games during mid week were the cause of all the top four teams shooting blanks yesterday? Well maybe not at the Arsenal game
Robinho had to fly to Brasilia and back yet still looked s**thot against Arsenals defence.