Coaching Hires - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 02.01.2014, 04:50 PM
All Pro

Revis can tackle, I see no problem there.

I always hate seeing black coaches doing the rounds; pleased to see Lovie isn't becoming part of a box ticking exercise.
Old 02.01.2014, 04:53 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by payton3434 View Post
Revis can tackle, I see no problem there.

I always hate seeing black coaches doing the rounds; pleased to see Lovie isn't becoming part of a box ticking exercise.
To be fair after a year off he was probably able to take his pick of the availiable jobs and therefore could rise above it..
Old 02.01.2014, 07:35 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
Incidentally Lovie isn't really a cover-2 guy nowadays, nobody is. Lovie used a lot of man coverage in Chicago.

If the space isn't needed, Revis stays and will blossom.
Exactly, Tillman and Jennings did a lot of man coverage, still do. Tillman is trusted with locking down those #1 WR's, and has done some fine work in the past. His one the very few who have played well Vs Megatron.

I'm really excited to see how he uses the Buc's very talented defense. Hopefully he can get the best out of Bowers and Clayborn, two guys who were predicted to be fearsome pass rushers been haven't yet lived up to the title. On paper its one of the best defenses in the league, now it just needs to show it.
Old 02.01.2014, 08:20 PM
GOAT

Buccs have officially confirmed the hiring of Lovie Smith.
Old 04.01.2014, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Former NFL coach Tony Dungy, who won a Super Bowl with the Indianapolis Colts, isn't planning on coming out of retirement, but if he did, he says the Detroit Lions' current head coaching vacancy would be the one he would want.

"I will tell you this, Dan, I think the best job out there is the Detroit Lions," Dungy told Dan Patrick in an interview on The Dan Patrick Show Friday.

That's the job I would want. I think they are the closest to the Super Bowl."

Dungy is currently an analyst for NBC's Football Night in America. He told Patrick that some teams have contacted him to advise them on their coaching search. He did not say if Detroit was one of those teams.

Lions team president Tom Lewand said Monday, after announcing the team had parted ways with head coach Jim Schwartz, the Lions job was the single most attractive on the market. Lewand pointed to a roster ready to win now with names like Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson, Reggie Bush, Ndamukong Suh, Nick Fairley and others.

Dungy couldn't have agreed more when talking to Patrick.

"You look for a franchise quarterback in this day and age, you want to have a passing game because this game is all about passing, and you want people who can rush the passer and protect the lead," he said. "Detroit's got all that.

"Now you throw in two really good tight ends, a couple running backs who can make things happen. They've got everything they need."

Minus the head coach, of course, but that could change soon enough.

The Lions interviewed Baltimore offensive coordinator Jim Caldwell for the position on Friday and are expected to contact assistant coaches on playoff teams next week -- when they're allowed to do so per NFL rules -- with San Diego offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt at the top of that list.

"And you've got an owner (in Detroit) who doesn't meddle," Dungy said. "He's not going to come in and tell you, 'Play this guy, cut this guy, draft this guy.' It's a perfect situation. If I was ever coming back, it would be for that job."
Old 04.01.2014, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Leslie Frazier will be the Buccaneers' defensive coordinator.
Old 04.01.2014, 03:02 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Leslie Frazier will be the Buccaneers' defensive coordinator.
Pleased they didn't nab Rod from the Cowboys
Old 04.01.2014, 06:19 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
But Lovie is a big fan of Revis, and it's not every day you get the opportunity to utilise the best guy in his position in the league.

I'm intrigued to see what Lovie would do with him - though obviously it would be tempting to have that cap room back.
When did the Bucs sign Sherman
Old 07.01.2014, 11:28 PM
MVP

Browns ask to interview Packers QB coach for the job of foreman in the "factory of sadness."

He was wanted by Philbin in Miami to be OC, before Philbin got fired, obviously.
Old 07.01.2014, 11:30 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaby81 View Post
Browns ask to interview Packers QB coach for the job of foreman in the "factory of sadness."

He was wanted by Philbin in Miami to be OC, before Philbin got fired, obviously.
He is not in frame, will very much be a last resort if no one else is willing to come. The current vibe so to speak is that we want Gase from the Broncos and if he doesnt want it then its Mc tebow from Pats