Premier League Thread - Page 2262 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 08.05.2014, 04:44 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishBronco View Post
Its very unlikely but that could decide the final Europe spot I suppose, and it may well be both managers last games in charge of their clubs. Can't really see many better options for the third game tbf.

Well I said it's all but wrapped up, and I feel fairly confident saying that as someone who's watched all of West Ham's games this season and our previous 3 matches against City. I've been saying most of the season not to rule out any more twists in the title race but this one would be so unlikely that I really can't envisage it, though I will enjoy the last day of the season just in case
Where's Lambert going?
Old 08.05.2014, 04:52 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantMackem View Post
Where's Lambert going?
Well most of Villa's fans have got fed up of him now (understandably in my view) and if the takeover rumours are true that will make his position more uncertain, I'm not sure if he will still be there in September
Old 08.05.2014, 06:16 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishBronco View Post
Well most of Villa's fans have got fed up of him now (understandably in my view) and if the takeover rumours are true that will make his position more uncertain, I'm not sure if he will still be there in September
Norwich need a manager.....on second thoughts perhaps not
Old 08.05.2014, 07:58 PM
All Pro

Though I think it's fair to have expected a little more progress under Lambert by this point and the football has been hard to watch, he's done a solid job. He's obviously been appointed with the aim to seriously reduce the wage bill after the previous overspends, and refine the squad to be younger and shop at the cheap end of the market, all while staying out of the relegation zone. Of course this has been to prime Villa for a probable takeover, and all this done with some of the lowest ticket prices in the league and new training facilities.

Sure some of the transfers haven't worked out but that's to be expected when you shop at the cheap end. Obviously the coaching suspensions etc haven't been ideal or harmonious either, but Lambert strikes me as a guy with a plan and is decisive enough to see it through.
Old 08.05.2014, 08:13 PM
MVP

It's just all so negative though, Lambert seems just desperate not to lose every game and their home form has been terrible, then when they scrape a 0-0 draw at home against Southampton Lambert goes on as if its the greatest result and performance in the world despite not having a single shot on target (not a rarity for Villa this season). He just seems to have lacked any ambition really and set himself and his team pretty low standards, Villa fans probably aren't really used to that. Not even sure Lambert has been that big a step up from Big Eck
Old 08.05.2014, 08:48 PM
All Pro

Would agree with that. From what I have seen Villa just seem to have maintained the dreary course McLeish set them on. Performances have remained equally negative with no upswing in results. I feel sorry for people paying a fortune to watch dross like that every week.
Old 08.05.2014, 08:51 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantMackem View Post
Where's Lambert going?
Not sure but poyet will be there new manager.
Old 08.05.2014, 08:54 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
Norwich need a manager.....on second thoughts perhaps not
Haha I'd not be adversed to him coming back, not sure some of our board members would feel the same though!

Villa are a sinking ship, no matter who they have in charge. Feeling the effects of O'Neill's overspend, and Lerner's unwillingness to put in funds, will catch up with you in the end
Old 08.05.2014, 11:18 PM
MVP

Just seen the new FA plan for English football. Once again, the plan appears to be lowering the standard of the premier league by removing some foreigners. Then hoping that the second tier players who fill the void magically somehow improve the few international quality players we do produce.
Old 09.05.2014, 11:35 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev macca View Post
Not sure but poyet will be there new manager.
2 things wrong there-

- their, not there
- just completely wrong