Post Draft Predictions - Page 10 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 14.05.2014, 02:26 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantMackem View Post
MM: Being a 49ers fan you may know the answer to this, how is Lawrence Okoye (the British discuss thrower I think) doing in the practice squad?

Any news to indicate whether he could win a roster spot in the next few years?
What has been said here I can't add to. That's about as much as I heard, too.
Old 14.05.2014, 03:06 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanamagic View Post
I see the Chiefs slipping a little, the Chargers the same and the Raiders taking vital close wins along the way to cement something like this (without me going into the games exactly etc)

AFC West

Denver Broncos 11-5
San Diego Chargers 8-8
Kansas City Chiefs 8-8
Oakland Raiders 7-9
I wouldn't disagree with this - I just find it amusing that because we lost Albert and Schwartz on our OL we are all of a sudden useless.

I think 8-8 is a fair prediction for us.
Old 14.05.2014, 09:08 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanamagic View Post
Absolutely. I'm not criticising your opinion, we each have our own, just couldn't find a way to get the 9ers losing 8 games, and I did it dispassionately.

I too had new teams in. The Jets for one, the Redskins, Texans, Steelers.
Yeah, I hear you.

How do you have NYJ and PIT winning enough to make the playoffs though?!
Old 14.05.2014, 09:15 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnitude View Post
Yeah, I hear you.

How do you have NYJ and PIT winning enough to make the playoffs though?!
I just think the Steelers go one better than the near miss of last season with that division being much like the AFC West - beating each other and taking vital wins outside the expectation. Steelers were nearly in last season. The Jets just have that unknown factor now with Vick, CJ2K and Decker, to name three. I just think Rex takes advantage and the Dolphins drop off enough for it to happen. I don't buy into the Bills.

AFC West beat on each other and face the NFC West so the Jets slip in late on.
Old 21.05.2014, 01:08 AM
MVP

I'm not as high on the Saints as many. They're working on the D but at the expense of their o-line. I think it's between the Saints and Bucs for that division. The games between them will decide it. Brees can usually slice through a Tampa 2 D so its up to Lovie to innovate enough to stop him.

The NFC west will be a slobberknocker. 49ers improved slightly, Seahawks maybe declined slightly, but the Broncs and Chiefs match up much better against the Miners than the Seahawks. Hopefully revenge inspires Manning. The Rams are a match up to dread for anyone this year and the Cards will be looking to maintain their excellent performance from last year. I do have the 49ers as the best team but only just and really I could see any of the Rams, Niners or Hawks taking it with the cards still a shout for a wildcard.

I see the Cowboys stomping the East and playing for 2nd seed against the NFC West winner. If they can go 6-0 and 2-2 vs the west they have a good shot at a bye. People forget Romo is easily a top 10 qb and the cowboys have worked hard on the inside of that line. If they can rely on him less they should be able to control games. The Packers should surge to the 1 seed this year.

As for the AFC, I second Boabys sentiments of pfft.
Old 26.05.2014, 08:29 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gengar View Post
I'm not as high on the Saints as many. They're working on the D but at the expense of their o-line. I think it's between the Saints and Bucs for that division. The games between them will decide it. Brees can usually slice through a Tampa 2 D so its up to Lovie to innovate enough to stop him.
The defence could break into the top 2-3 this year but i agree the o-line is worrying.
The Saints have never really paid big money for a C or OT hence Goodwin,Bushrod leaving over the past few years. Im not bothered with DLP leaving as i dont think he was anything above average but pushing Tim Lelito into C(took alot of snaps at practise there past 18 months) doesn't worry me playing but the lack of depth it leaves behind the starters is a massive worry.Its the same at Tackle. Armstead look great after struggling in his first half against Carolina(how many players stood up to them) and more than held his own as the last couple of weeks went on. Again my worry there is depth as Armstead and Strief can hold there own in the Saints scheme which is more interior based but after them you are looking at Marcel Jones and Bryce Harris who the team like but not much game time between them.
Im still hoping the bring Jonathan Goodwin back.
Old 26.05.2014, 08:35 AM
Pro Bowler

AFC East

New England Patriots
Miami Dolphins
New York Jets
Buffalo Bills

AFC North

Baltimore Ravens
Pittsburgh Steelers
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns

AFC South

Indianapolis Colts
Houston Texans
Tennessee Titans
Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC West

Denver Broncos
San Diego Chargers
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders

NFC East

Philadephia Eagles
New York Giants
Washington Redskins
Dallas Cowboys

NFC North

Chicago Bears
Green Bay Packers
Detroit Lions
Minnesota Vikings

NFC South

New Orleans Saints
Atlanta Falcons
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Carolina Panthers

NFC West

San Fransisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks
Arizona Cardinals
St Louis Rams

Most Rushing Yards:
1 Eddie Lacy
2 Matt Forte
3 LeSean McCoy

AFC Championship

Ravens vs Broncos

NFC
49ers vs Seahawks/Saints(best seeds progress)

Last edited by lee909; 26.05.2014 at 08:37 AM.
Old 26.05.2014, 12:00 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gengar View Post
You know what, following FA and the draft, I'm wavering on the Saints winning that division. They are lacking in key areas and relying on Brees to fire them out of trouble. They are a decent WR down, not impressive at all at RB, and as you say, the O-line (which I thought the draft would begin to fix) looks a little underwhelming. This is the chance the Bucs need with the Falcons coming back from a scherlacking last season. The Panthers will regress, so the Bucs have a real shot at getting #6, with the Bears for me, in at #5.
Old 27.05.2014, 12:48 AM
MVP

I'll throw in all the usual caveats about pre-season injuries, bans etc and reserving my right to change these as a result of any of the above.

Now.........................

AFC East
New England Patriots
Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
NY Jets

The Patriots will be the Patriots again, only better this time round with their new cornerbacks on board. The other three teams are a muddle. I like what the Bills have done this offseason, they've given their young QB a chance to succeed. The Dolphins are ordinary and the Jets just bought themselves a whole lotta QB controversy with Vick and a whole lotta false optimism with Chris Johnson.

AFC Central
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Pittsburgh Steelers
Cleveland Browns

Really hard division to call is this. I'm not that happy with the receiver situation in Baltimore and the offensive line we won't know about till it hits the field. I do like Kubiak as an OC though so I'll be optimistic and say things will improve offensively in Baltimore. The Bengals still have lots of talent and won't be far away. Pittsburgh can never be written off. The Browns will still find a way to screw things up and make all that pre-season optimism seem like a distant memory come January.

AFC South
Indianapolis Colts
Houston Texans
Tennessee Titans
Jacksonville Jaguars

Easy to pick the winner of this division. Not so easy to rank the rest.

AFC West
Denver Broncos
San Diego Chargers
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders

Again, easy to pick the division winner here. Kansas City have had a bad offseason and I don't like many of the moves the Raiders have made.

NFC East
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins
Dallas Cowboys
NY Giants

Hardest division in the league to figure out. Nick Foles could be a one season wonder, Jay Gruden sucked as an OC so he has the potential to suck even more as a Head Coach, the Cowboys are the Cowboys and the Giants are a bit of a mess to my mind. I'll give Philly the division really on the strength of what they did last year, nothing more.

NFC North
Green Bay Packers
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Minnesota Vikings

I think with Aaron Rodgers on the field the Packers are still just the best of the bunch here. The Bears will be good again but I'm not sure they've retooled that Defense enough.

NFC South
New Orleans Saints
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Two horse race. The top two could easily flip positions and the bottom two might do too.

NFC West
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks
Arizona Cardinals
St. Louis Rams

The 9ers bounce back! Their new stadium will bring some freshness and adding a solid 3rd receiver was a shrewd move. Seattle will take it to the wire no doubt and the other two teams will be no pushovers either. It's now or never for Sam Bradford. I'm guessing never.
Old 29.05.2014, 06:28 AM
All Pro

I think its really interesting that so many people are really high on the 49'ers (and no this is not Seattle bias).

The 49'ers are anchored by several ageing players who may or may not be able to recreate their form of the past few years. There are (potentially) some really tough choices to be made if players like Justin Smith and Frank Gore come back in the preseason and age has simply caught up with them. Admittedly there are several interesting players coming through who may simply slot in and replace these players but you cannot be sure what leadership etc. is lost when long term stalwarts are pushed to the side.

Of course if those players come back at the same level then the 49'ers are likely to be a 10 to 12 win team but it seems odd that these things are being so quickly bypassed.