Aldon Smith weapons charges - Page 7 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 22.05.2014, 09:04 AM
MVP

I have confidence that the Niners will find new and devious ways to screw the Pack. I can smell a Bears win.
Old 22.05.2014, 09:11 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanamagic View Post
You never know in the NFL. Early season, new stadium hoodoo may strike, our corners against Marshall and Jeffery. If we went 5-1 and our one loss to the Bears WR's I'd take it right now.
Who knows eh. I'm not one for predicting results though 4 months before the game. Should be a corker though.
Old 22.05.2014, 09:14 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Bear View Post
Who knows eh. I'm not one for predicting results though 4 months before the game. Should be a corker though.
Well indeed, but yes, should be a cracking game for primetime viewers.
Old 22.05.2014, 10:12 AM
Pro Bowler

lol US gun culture is so unlike anything we have over here. I remember my Dad and I heading to a range in PA a few years ago, asked if we could shoot some guns.

Signed one sheet, and then picked out a .357 and .44 to go out on the range with... it was only then when we realized we had no idea how to load the weapon (we got it in the end) They gave us no direction, literally just handed it over with the rounds!

The idea of anyone walking into a shop over here, picking out a massively powerful weapon and ambling around with it without any instruction or direction on how it works just makes me laugh. I love America haha.

Last edited by thedobowobo; 22.05.2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 22.05.2014, 11:44 AM
All Pro

If Josh Gordon gets to sit down for a season for a couple of joints, Smith should get a least a year on his couch. It's not like he's even shown a positive change in character since the gun charges were filed, what with that "BOMB!" episode at the airport and refusing to comply with orders from the cops.

If Burress got jail time for a handgun, Smith should get at least the same for assault weapons.
Old 22.05.2014, 01:09 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers_wheelman View Post
If Burress got jail time for a handgun, Smith should get at least the same for assault weapons.
Different states, different circumstances, different laws...
Old 22.05.2014, 07:38 PM
MVP

Quote:
If Josh Gordon gets to sit down for a season for a couple of joints, Smith should get a least a year on his couch. It's not like he's even shown a positive change in character since the gun charges were filed, what with that "BOMB!" episode at the airport and refusing to comply with orders from the cops.

Burress discharged a loaded gun in a crowded place. If i recall correctly under new York state laws he couldn't take a concealed weapon into a place that serves alcohol. He could've killed someone. Under NY state law (again this is from memory) the onus was on him to be aware what he was doing was wrong. And the moment the gun went off he was basically done for. You discharge a loaded weapon at a bar in new York and you can expect trouble. He was lucky to get out so quickly.

Aldon Smith on the other hand, bought some guns in Arizona that can wipe out a bus queue in 5 seconds, when California law says you cant have a weapon that will wipe out a bus queue in less than 10 seconds, obviously the safety of bus users is paramount there. He bought the guns completely legally in a neighbouring state where such bus queue destroyers are fine. The onus is now on the state of California to prove he had prior knowledge of the rules regarding gun rate of fire modifications. He didn't discharge an illegally concealed fire arm in a public place.

Smith plead no contest which *drumroll please* isn't an admission of guilt or a conviction, but can result in fines, probation, even jail time. The LA county district attorney apparently is looking at a misdemenor charge for Smith, which is about as serious as breaking an ASBO if those still exist. As of yet he's not been charged with any crime as a result of that incident, or his first DUI. He was the target of a law suit alleging he fired weapons at a party but no police report was ever filed as far as my knowledge of the situation goes.

I don't think there's any doubt the boy needs to get his head on right but I think the media are making a mountain out of a molehill here, because they're bored.

If you want to make a comparison, try Marshawn Lynch.
Old 22.05.2014, 09:12 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers_wheelman View Post

The more worrying thing for me about the airport incident is that a number of eyewitnesses are now saying he was acting strange up to that point and a number thought he was drunk. If he's fallen off the wagon that's gotta be the most concerning thing here. Like others say, maybe a suspension will help him out in the long run.
Old 22.05.2014, 09:51 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean49 View Post
The more worrying thing for me about the airport incident is that a number of eyewitnesses are now saying he was acting strange up to that point and a number thought he was drunk. If he's fallen off the wagon that's gotta be the most concerning thing here. Like others say, maybe a suspension will help him out in the long run.
Eyewitnesses are now saying? But they weren't before? Maybe he was drunk?

That is a lot of assumption and maybe's and could be's.

If there is no fire, someone will start one if there is a news story waiting when they do.
Old 26.05.2014, 11:17 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piemaster View Post
Different states, different circumstances, different laws...
Not where the 9ers are concerned. Any opportunity...........