Kaepernick gets 6yr/$110m extension - Page 7 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

  #61  
Old 04.06.2014, 10:52 PM
Sneddon11's Avatar
Sneddon11 Sneddon11 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 02.04.2013
Posts: 2,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smograider View Post
They mostly stink, you mean?
I was thinking more if it's not your own you're not interested...
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 04.06.2014, 10:53 PM
Packman12's Avatar
Packman12 Packman12 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 19.06.2005
Posts: 16,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smograider View Post
They mostly stink, you mean?
Correct

I am amused at the term game manager because a QB is a manager on the field so therefore he is a game manager no matter what his stats or talents are.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04.06.2014, 10:54 PM
Packman12's Avatar
Packman12 Packman12 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 19.06.2005
Posts: 16,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneddon11 View Post
I was thinking more if it's not your own you're not interested...
That works as well
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 04.06.2014, 10:55 PM
Sneddon11's Avatar
Sneddon11 Sneddon11 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 02.04.2013
Posts: 2,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyRoller10 View Post
I'm sorry, you don't really watch football -

I honestly don't know how anyone could ever say that?

And if you do...you're really bad at it.

Watching football.

Really, really bad at it.

I haven't seen a QB extend and create scoring opportunities as well since Elway back in the 80's...

But yeah...game manager...big old butt behind the plate...doing nothing but calling plays...and getting out of the way...

Yep, that's CK! He calls plays and gets out of the way!

What a load...of (rubbish?) did I do that right?
You've obviously missed a whole lot of football since the 80s, but since I know your posting style I'll nod politely and agree...
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04.06.2014, 11:03 PM
HolyRoller10's Avatar
HolyRoller10 HolyRoller10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 26.10.2008
Posts: 13,373
Default

I don't care.

Most on here already hate me anyways.

But I had to say it. Not posting style this time...just truth.

Because you are wrong...drastically wrong. That I know to be true.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 04.06.2014, 11:09 PM
Sneddon11's Avatar
Sneddon11 Sneddon11 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 02.04.2013
Posts: 2,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyRoller10 View Post
I don't care.

Most on here already hate me anyways.

But I had to say it. Not posting style this time...just truth.

Because you are wrong...drastically wrong. That I know to be true.
So Kaepernick is a game manager then because I'm pretty sure I just politely nodded and agreed with you that he wasn't a game manager?
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 04.06.2014, 11:49 PM
Dee4Life1893's Avatar
Dee4Life1893 Dee4Life1893 is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 01.12.2008
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksgtmason View Post
Tbf most qbs would of struggled that night in new jersey.

And he did get them there but still.


However kaep has gotten the 9ers to one play from the title and the superbowl. And then threw a pass which jerry rice and marvin harrison combined wouldof struggled to get.

And this year he went after the best cb in the world.
Did you just call Richard Sherman the best CB in the world? I hear ESPN are hiring, I think you'd fit right in.

Quote:
TEAM: Indianapolis Colts
It all makes sense now.

Needless hyping of mediocre players in order to be relevant.

CONFIRMED!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05.06.2014, 12:50 AM
Gengar's Avatar
Gengar Gengar is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 28.12.2008
Posts: 5,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneddon11 View Post
Joe Flacco: 561 rushing yards, 8TDs
Alex Smith: 1192 rushing yards, 5TDs
Jay Cutler: 1234 rushing yards, 11TDs

Yet you just called all 3 game managers, think you've accidently and unknowingly answered your own question...

Any QB throwing for 3200yds after playing an entire 16 games, throwing an average of 26 times a game (6.5 per quarter - most top level QBs are throwing that many times in a drive) is a game manager, I can't really fathom how someone could argue against it. Not saying he's a bad QB and in honesty I wouldn't even say being a game manager is a criticism, but he isn't being asked to carry his team and that's a FACT...
You'll have to remind me which season it was that Cutler or Smith rushed for 1000+ yards, since you're comparing them to CK7s regular season numbers from last season.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05.06.2014, 01:15 AM
Gengar's Avatar
Gengar Gengar is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 28.12.2008
Posts: 5,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyRoller10 View Post
I'm sorry, you don't really watch football -

I honestly don't know how anyone could ever say that?

And if you do...you're really bad at it.

Watching football.

Really, really bad at it.

I haven't seen a QB extend and create scoring opportunities as well since Elway back in the 80's...

But yeah...game manager...big old butt behind the plate...doing nothing but calling plays...and getting out of the way...

Yep, that's CK! He calls plays and gets out of the way!

What a load...of (rubbish?) did I do that right?
Or load of old rubbish.

CK7 is a not a game manager. He's an IED. He's the absolute opposite of a game manager.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 05.06.2014, 05:54 AM
FallenFlyer's Avatar
FallenFlyer FallenFlyer is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.09.2013
Posts: 4,844
Default

This is a superb move by the 49'ers.

Getting this deal done this year before the giant increase in salary cap in 2015 (and 16) has probably saved them 2 to 4 million a season regardless how Kaepernick performed and possibly double that if he fulfils his potential.

The adage (which has been arguably true over the past 5 years) that a superstar QB's contract has become too prohibitive on the rest of the team is almost certainly going to disappear with the new salary cap increases until the QBs readjust. This will open a golden window for some teams to prosper which the 49'ers are almost certainly the first.

I believe the Seahawks will do a very similar deal with Russell Wilson by March next year (critically before the 2015 salary cap is announced) and more importantly before the Andrew Luck and RG3 deals happen. It is also the reason why the Seahawks have signed Sherman, Thomas and company to long term deals now which should benefit the team in the future.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
.down with tags! , kaep a tat tat , leopard , mademybednow , remember this , spots , terracotta army

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 11:32 PM.