Kaepernick gets 6yr/$110m extension - Page 44 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 12.06.2014, 04:39 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensonF View Post
All you have to do is win Euromillions tomorrow. Another hundred zillion quid jackpot -- enough to win the rights to the next 20 World Cups at the rate the guys in Qatar paid!
If i win the euromillions im buying nfluk.
Old 12.06.2014, 05:03 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gengar View Post
I see Maukrice Pouncey just topped Colin Kaepernicks guaranteed money.
For our cap-situation's sake, I pray there's a percentage of games he's healthy for clause!
Old 13.06.2014, 02:49 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneddon11 View Post
He has been to more Pro Bowl's (3) and has more All-Pro's (3) then CK (0 for both)...
So has Andy Lee...
Old 13.06.2014, 05:46 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman12 View Post
Not to do with success
Lack of class shown by their coach
And overly sensitive fans on here compared to other teams.
hate it if you predict they will win big, and hate it if you have the audacity to say the dream team will lose.
I think they do have some notorious posters that have rubbed people up the wrong way.
I agree with this. But it doesn't bother me - even though it should most.

Harbaugh was classless at Stanford and tried to push Carroll into some bully war...at USC. So as a Trojan, I've known Harbaugh as coach for quite some time.

When Harbaugh came into the Pac-12 by taking over Stanford he threw blind accusations at teams...told reporters what Carroll's future was (unbeknownst to Carroll - his own future...lied to reporters...and ran up the score when he could.) To a big degree it worked...his team got an attitude and maybe that's what you need because Stanford was a doormat and they took on the personality of their coach.

But while Carroll was fun-loving - inspiring - high-fiving at USC...and then the Seahawks...Harbaugh was about building up his team by disregarding what others had done and trying to sabotage or undercut their success smearing other schools. Carroll recruited on optimism...you want to compete and be the best, come here....Harbaugh recruited on tearing down the opposition to the kids and media...in frankly - an unprofessional way.

So we always have known he's been like that - this is no secret...but he's a great coach who gets results...and the NFL is a bottom-line.

I had more of a problem with him in college because coaches are supposed to hold themselves to some "role-model for kids" standard but the NFL? Who cares...that leagues is all about the W!!!
Old 13.06.2014, 06:28 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Cornhusker.

2. Considering HR is obviously the most active of our non UK members and is usually quite supportive of your team
, you clearly .
I don't really support the Nines at all. I was rooting for the Hawks easily...because of the city and mostly PC.

I am not a big fan of Harbaugh personally (obviously) - but I am a fan of guys who get the job done. I think Harbuagh has been cheap and petty in his coaching career but he's a great coach - I can't deny that - no matter how much I dislike him

I support the Niners only to the degree that I don't think CK gets his due...and that the Niner posters on here...are usually right about football. ..are a smart bunch. Despite their losses during the regular season - Niner fan knew they were still one of the top 3 teams in the league and they were spot on...call it arrogance, but that was a fact. I still think Niner fans take too much heat for stating the obvious...that others don't want to acknowledge. They are fans sure...and biased fans on here...but the football IQ outweighs that...and the majority of posts can be seen as arrogance but it's just real football talk IMO.
Old 14.06.2014, 05:40 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyRoller10 View Post
and that the Niner posters on here...are usually right about football. ..are a smart bunch. Despite their losses during the regular season - Niner fan knew they were still one of the top 3 teams in the league and they were spot on...call it arrogance, but that was a fact. I still think Niner fans take too much heat for stating the obvious...that others don't want to acknowledge. They are fans sure...and biased fans on here...but the football IQ outweighs that...and the majority of posts can be seen as arrogance but it's just real football talk IMO.
You found it! The New Britain, where smarts and having the ability to express it, are seen as a massive negative. Being a dumbass is now the way to fame and fortune. Government (of all colors) and the self promoted media see to that.

Lots of girls aged 14 -16 ambition: Marry a soccer player.
Lots of boys aged 14 -16 ambition: Become a drug dealer.

Welcome to Britain of the 21st century.
Old 14.06.2014, 06:41 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornhusker44 View Post
You found it! The New Britain, where smarts and having the ability to express it, are seen as a massive negative. Being a dumbass is now the way to fame and fortune. Government (of all colors) and the self promoted media see to that.

Lots of girls aged 14 -16 ambition: Marry a soccer player.
Lots of boys aged 14 -16 ambition: Become a drug dealer.

Welcome to Britain of the 21st century.
Personally, I blame X-Factor & the like. Now every 16 year old with two GCSE's sitting on the tills at Tesco (before anyone gets offended, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with working at Tesco, my brother did so for beer-money all through his degree) has convinced themselves they're one mass-audition away from being the "next big thing", so there's no reason to do anything practical to improve their situation. They just need to wait for next season's casting call to roll around......

Back on topic - Locking up your franchise QB is usually the smart thing to do, especially if you don't figure on drafting high enough to pick up a younger, cheaper model in the next couple of years. Personally I don't think Kaepernick has shown enough individual worth to merit the size of the contract - sure he played in a Superbowl, but Smith got the team to 6-2 before getting injured, then Kaep went 5-2-1. The following year he gets the team to the exact same point as Smith did in his last full season as a starter and they reward him with a mega-contract... Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me - I've always seen Kaepernick as being made to look better than he really is by the wealth of talent around him; Boldin, Davis, Gore and one of the better O-lines in the league. Compare that to Brady who was in pretty much the opposite position last season with almost zero real weapons around him and got his team to the exact same point in the play-offs as CK did - but there's a reason I'm not being paid to GM.
Old 14.06.2014, 12:08 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyRoller10 View Post
I agree with this. But it doesn't bother me - even though it should most.

Harbaugh was classless at Stanford and tried to push Carroll into some bully war...at USC. So as a Trojan, I've known Harbaugh as coach for quite some time.

When Harbaugh came into the Pac-12 by taking over Stanford he threw blind accusations at teams...told reporters what Carroll's future was (unbeknownst to Carroll - his own future...lied to reporters...and ran up the score when he could.) To a big degree it worked...his team got an attitude and maybe that's what you need because Stanford was a doormat and they took on the personality of their coach.

But while Carroll was fun-loving - inspiring - high-fiving at USC...and then the Seahawks...Harbaugh was about building up his team by disregarding what others had done and trying to sabotage or undercut their success smearing other schools. Carroll recruited on optimism...you want to compete and be the best, come here....Harbaugh recruited on tearing down the opposition to the kids and media...in frankly - an unprofessional way.

So we always have known he's been like that - this is no secret...but he's a great coach who gets results...and the NFL is a bottom-line.

I had more of a problem with him in college because coaches are supposed to hold themselves to some "role-model for kids" standard but the NFL? Who cares...that leagues is all about the W!!!
Of course Pete has a ring and that particular brother does not. Perhaps that is the proof that good will always (eventually) defeat evil.
Old 14.06.2014, 01:02 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungakid View Post
If i win the euromillions im buying nfluk.
I see it's been won. If it was you, are you going to buy everyone a pint?
Old 14.06.2014, 01:06 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensonF View Post
I see it's been won. If it was you, are you going to buy everyone a pint?
Unfortunately the winner wasn't from the UK :-(

Tags
.down with tags! , kaep a tat tat , leopard , mademybednow , remember this , spots , terracotta army