Marvin Harrison has been shot at. - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 16.06.2014, 04:58 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyRoller10 View Post
Problem right there.

Nothing good ever happens between midnight and 5am.

If you're out at 3:20 am...you're gonna have a bad time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneddon11 View Post
Tell me about it, got to my car and 3:30am last night/this morning to find someone had spewed all over the bonnet...

Seriously though, you're spot on. Initially the story suprised me but as soon as I read that I immediately thought "Well there's your problem".
How do you people live? When do you party? How do you ever have one night stands? Do you schedule everything to finish at 11 so you can be tucked up in bed by 11:45pm?
Old 16.06.2014, 06:25 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gengar View Post
How do you people live? When do you party? How do you ever have one night stands? Do you schedule everything to finish at 11 so you can be tucked up in bed by 11:45pm?
Not driving on the roads.

As a former Assistant DA - you will get pulled over for doing nothing if you're on the road between midnight and 5am. (at least in the US)

Cops - like most people - assume the world is doing "bad" things or getting blitzed...so if you're out - driving the roads like Harrison...bad guys may affect you or cops will get you. They seriously don't trust anyone out at that hour on the roads...it's a 100% assumption you're not a family man with a job...but rather, you're high and wasted, a criminal on the road casing houses or a regular selling drugs.

This isn't profiling, this is reality. Never ever be on the roads during the witching hours...You will be busted for doing nothing by the cops...and you may run into a worse situation.

It's not fair but it's reality. Cops will get you - and the weirdos or crazies will get you. Go to a party...and plant yourself. Spend the night...stay off the roads.

Last edited by HolyRoller10; 16.06.2014 at 06:27 AM.
Old 16.06.2014, 08:56 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyRoller10 View Post
Not driving on the roads.

As a former Assistant DA - you will get pulled over for doing nothing if you're on the road between midnight and 5am. (at least in the US)

Cops - like most people - assume the world is doing "bad" things or getting blitzed...so if you're out - driving the roads like Harrison...bad guys may affect you or cops will get you. They seriously don't trust anyone out at that hour on the roads...it's a 100% assumption you're not a family man with a job...but rather, you're high and wasted, a criminal on the road casing houses or a regular selling drugs.

This isn't profiling, this is reality. Never ever be on the roads during the witching hours...You will be busted for doing nothing by the cops...and you may run into a worse situation.

It's not fair but it's reality. Cops will get you - and the weirdos or crazies will get you. Go to a party...and plant yourself. Spend the night...stay off the roads.
Cops will 'get you'? are you saying they will nick you for just being out late? ah to live in the land of the free!! would it help if you had a note from your mom saying she has let you stay out past bed time? joking aside, I know a lot of undesirables like the dark hours, but its as an adult, he has the right to be out whatever time he wants. I may be wrong as I live in the UK, but surely the cops would have to prove wrongdoing to bust you.
Old 16.06.2014, 09:03 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldrush49 View Post
Cops will 'get you'? are you saying they will nick you for just being out late? ah to live in the land of the free!! would it help if you had a note from your mom saying she has let you stay out past bed time? joking aside, I know a lot of undesirables like the dark hours, but its as an adult, he has the right to be out whatever time he wants. I may be wrong as I live in the UK, but surely the cops would have to prove wrongdoing to bust you.
They will get you if you are young successful and worst of all in their eyes, Black. Well that is what some people in the States believe anyway

Not just the Cops, look at the Trayvon Martin case he was merely Guilty of Being Black and it cost him his life.

Last edited by Packman12; 16.06.2014 at 09:09 AM.
Old 16.06.2014, 11:05 AM
MVP

Isn't it a bit worrying for America as a whole if you shouldn't be out at 3.30am cause you'll get shot at?

Would I feel uneasy about driving around England at 3.30am, no I wouldn't.
Old 16.06.2014, 11:07 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_chicane View Post
Isn't it a bit worrying for America as a whole if you shouldn't be out at 3.30am cause you'll get shot at?

Would I feel uneasy about driving around England at 3.30am, no I wouldn't.
It isn't the same everywhere just the dodgy areas......just like England
Old 16.06.2014, 11:12 AM
MVP

Even in the rough areas over here, I still wouldn't be overly concerned about being shot at. It wouldn't be the first thing on my mind, anyway. Gun crime just isn't that much of a problem over here.
Old 16.06.2014, 11:14 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_chicane View Post
Even in the rough areas over here, I still wouldn't be overly concerned about being shot at. It wouldn't be the first thing on my mind, anyway. Gun crime just isn't that much of a problem over here.
true Gun crime isn't as bad here, we seem to prefer knife crime
Old 16.06.2014, 11:18 AM
MVP

More access to guns = more gun crime, it's just the way it is. Even if 99.9% are responsible gun owners (numbers mine, may not reflect reality...) then a country with more access to guns will have more gun crime, stands to reason.
Old 16.06.2014, 11:23 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilGroom View Post
More access to guns = more gun crime, it's just the way it is. Even if 99.9% are responsible gun owners (numbers mine, may not reflect reality...) then a country with more access to guns will have more gun crime, stands to reason.
of course mate
But it does show how the US Gun Laws are frankly insane.