Aldon Smith arrested after airport 'bomb' hoax - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 14.04.2014, 06:31 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
Maybe, but come on man, mentioning a bomb in a US airport, you've got to be a special kind of idiot to do that. It's not a bad thing, it just makes him really really thick.
Indeed, I imagine it was playing the fool in a 'look at me' kind of way. Stupid thing to do at any airport in the world, let alone 1 in the US.
Airports in Australia have signs warning about exactly this. I remember thinking who needs warning about this sort of thing!
Old 14.04.2014, 10:34 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
When will he learn...if you mess around in an airport like this, it is going to blow up in your face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyshaps View Post
49ers legal issues are starting to explode this offseason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers_wheelman View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ngeles-airport

So, if I'm reading the article right, not only was did he indicate he had a bomb, he basically resisted arrest afterwards. This is a guy who already has already been charged with three felony assault weapons charges in the last year.

Moron doesn't even come close to covering it.

(Love the comment about "Given his drink-driving history, maybe he was talking about Jaeger-bombs?" though

Bravo u guys, bravo
Old 14.04.2014, 10:37 PM
Hall of Fame

He's either the pass rush or the messiah, but he been a very naughty boy.

And about freedom of speech, there a difference between that and this. He's lucky he wasn't shot dead, (hey, the authorities have had less reason to shoot before)
Old 15.04.2014, 06:25 PM
All Pro

I wonder if those who point the finger at Jim Schwartz cultivating a bad lockerroom culture will find a second target. :P

Just joshing, I hope the 49ers hold it together, they are going to be a team to enjoy watching for another season or two if they don't implode.
Old 15.04.2014, 06:48 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce ma Goose View Post
I hope the 49ers hold it together, they are going to be a team to enjoy watching for another season or two if they don't implode.
I hope they beat Seattle twice, then implode before January.
Old 16.04.2014, 03:40 PM
All Pro

This is one of those situations when the thread police should let some swear words through. The man is a dyed in the wool ****; a complete and utter **** and a ******* moron. End of.
Old 16.04.2014, 04:46 PM
MVP

Are you allowed to call him a "####" if your computer runs out of asteroids?
Old 16.04.2014, 08:43 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
This is one of those situations when the thread police should let some swear words through. The man is a dyed in the wool ****; a complete and utter **** and a ******* moron. End of.
I would agree with you about being allowed to use certain words etc, you may get away with it who knows

it looks like maybe you can use certain words on here then

Last edited by leebladedawg; 17.04.2014 at 01:06 PM.
Old 17.04.2014, 04:09 PM
All Pro

if i read a report that a drunk person said he had a bomb in an airport & then resisted arrest, i'd be all for the book being thrown at him.

the only thing that changes this is whether that person is drunk or they are an alcoholic. if they're an alcoholic, then they need help - long term help - and only after that do you consider whether throwing the book at them is the right decision.

aldon's action & behaviour have caused question marks to be placed upon his rehab in 2013. it shows that his four week stint wasn't enough to help him overcome the issues he's dealing with. i said at the time, i hoped he'd return to rehab during the offseason to help him combat his problems. this clearly didn't happen. if he is indeed an alcoholic, then he's an alcoholic for life.

the ramifications for his roster status moving forward is relatively simple: they're not cutting him. they'll wait to see what happens with all of his various felony charges before extending him, which includes whether they place the transition tag on him for 2015 (approx $9m).

there is now a good chance that he goes to prison. the judge who has been put in charge of his gun felony case is, supposedly, known for not going easy on the rich & famous.
Old 01.07.2014, 06:00 PM
MVP

So turns out there weren't any charges over this. Another TMZ masterpiece to go with Colin Kaepernick not being a rapist...

Tags
its all harbaughs fault