Week 16 @ Panthers - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 18.12.2014, 10:36 PM
All Pro

Default Week 16 @ Panthers

Well, where do we go from here? It can't be much worse than last week. Hoping Manziel has settled in a little more and we can see the respective lines play better. Other than that we're playing 'October football' but in December, for a change.

Carolina have been poor for the majority of the season but stuffed the Saints the other week, it'll be closer than it might have been a month ago.
Old 21.12.2014, 10:06 PM
All Pro

A real end of season game, the kind we're used to playing in October.

Only watched it to see how JF played and until he got injured he looked to be settling in okay. I hope they give him a chance once he recovers; I don't think I could cope with us drafting another 1st round QB and start all over again

It was good to see Hoyer come in and do what he does best; manage the game. Beautiful throw/catch and run/TD by Cameron and nice to see some third stringers getting playing time - Desir, for one.

Despite not being too fussed about the game I have once again been left anoyed by the lack of decent officiating. How many flags for holding against us but ONE against Carolina despite their #77 practically humping Kruger on every play. The INT/TD that was called back?! "He gave himself up" What?!!! Absolute bollards!

One last point; Josh Gordon, just not at the races again today. How long can we blame it on suspension-induced rustiness?
Old 21.12.2014, 10:33 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
A real end of season game, the kind we're used to playing in October.

Only watched it to see how JF played and until he got injured he looked to be settling in okay. I hope they give him a chance once he recovers; I don't think I could cope with us drafting another 1st round QB and start all over again

It was good to see Hoyer come in and do what he does best; manage the game. Beautiful throw/catch and run/TD by Cameron and nice to see some third stringers getting playing time - Desir, for one.

Despite not being too fussed about the game I have once again been left anoyed by the lack of decent officiating. How many flags for holding against us but ONE against Carolina despite their #77 practically humping Kruger on every play. The INT/TD that was called back?! "He gave himself up" What?!!! Absolute bollards!

One last point; Josh Gordon, just not at the races again today. How long can we blame it on suspension-induced rustiness?
I was also puzzled by the giving himself up thing. I have seen more athletic guys being down and once they realise they've not been tagged getting up and scoring. Did it not happen against us this year?
The Panthers also got the rub of the green of the 2 calls. I also agree on the holding calls(or lack of). However, that being said, we didn't help ourselves with the illegal shift penalty wiping out the long pass. We also didn't command the game and so it was going to be close only if the Defense played as well as it did.

All in all, a much improved performance with a special mention for the Defense again.
It was nice to see Hoyer get another chance ( because I always feel we are going to run out of plays for JM) and indeed to see JM being supportive on the sideline when Hoyer was about to go back on to the field
Old 21.12.2014, 10:59 PM
Hall of Fame

If Billy would have got up and ran towards the end zone it would have counted, the moment he gave the ball to Poyer he gave himself up technically which is why they called the ball dead as you cannot do that apparently
Old 21.12.2014, 11:04 PM
Hall of Fame

JF apperently injured his hamstring on the throw to Gordon which was called a in-completion after review
Old 22.12.2014, 10:04 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
If Billy would have got up and ran towards the end zone it would have counted, the moment he gave the ball to Poyer he gave himself up technically which is why they called the ball dead as you cannot do that apparently
Still confusing
Old 22.12.2014, 09:34 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
Still confusing
Yeh it is, its more frustrating than anything because we could have won that game but it seems to be a rule similar to a QB sliding as in giving himself up as in Billy by not attempting to get up was saying he would take the pick etc plus i also believe there is a rule where you cant take the ball like Poyer did but im not fully up on that one myself