New to the Forum & LA Thoughts - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Old 15.12.2014, 12:48 PM
Rookie

Thumbs up New to the Forum & LA Thoughts

Afternoon all,
New poster to the forum so I thought I'd drop in an say hi, been an NFL fan for maybe 5/6 years and I'm a big bolts fan, also have a soft spot for the Saints.

I love the city of San Diego and all this LA talk is a worry for me, the thought that last night could genuinely be our last at the Q and in SD is gutting, but with the amount of Broncos and Pats fans in the house the last two games, I almost can't blame Spanos.
If what they say about 30% of the fan base being from LA and OC it was practically be business suicide for the franchise if two teams beat us to LA so I guess I could understand it, but my question is, what is your opinion and would you all still support the Bolts?

Last edited by BoltUpBruna; 15.12.2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 15.12.2014, 07:13 PM
All Pro

Chargers move to LA and I start watching NHL again. No interest at all in following an LA franchise.
Old 17.12.2014, 10:54 AM
Starter

Welcome to the Chargers board!

We confirmed today we are at the Q next year, but that was always really going to be the case as there is no stadium ready for a move in LA yet.

I just came back from San Diego (was at the Raiders and Rams games) and luckily for me then the stadium was 70% charger fans. (At Broncos game last year and that was a different story)
Having seen that the Broncos and Pats games sold out tickets way back early October I was not surprised to see us out numbered in the last 2 games..SD is naval city after all and plenty of people relocate there and with it bring support of their home teams.

I would still support the Bolts if they moved, at the end of the day its only 2 hour ride up the coast, but LA is a complete dump besides Santa Monica and I 100% want them to build a new complex in SD - it's more than worthy of its title as America Finest City! The Q is poor, falling apart and there are next to no toilets, praying we can confirm a new stadium this year (2015)
Old 17.12.2014, 03:50 PM
All Pro

I just don't see any way A new stadium gets built within San Diego itself. The local politicians are virtually unilaterally hostile to the idea so I think the only real alternatives are in Oceanside and the like. The Convention Centre plan seems like a good compromise, but I'm not certain the lack of will on the behalf of the politicians isn't just outright disdain for the franchise and not just reservations over spending public money. This has been going on for over ten years and there's not been one single inch of tangible progress.

I'm not sure if that utter mad woman is still hanging around. Can't recall her name, but her stated goal was to boot the Chargers out of SD completely and turn the facility into a public park as that was the only appropriate us of the land as far as she was concerned. Yep, forget the fact the Chargers employ a not insignificant number of local people and generate millions of dollars in revenue, lets give everyone yet another public park.

SD won't realise what they have until it's gone. The NFL wont go back to San Diego once it leaves, so they really ought to be getting their crap together and working this out. The Padres got a brand new stadium right in the middle of town, yet they truly are one of the MLB's cheapskate franchises, barely anyone attends the games, and there's no way they contribute as much to the local coffers as the Chargers. Guess there must be baseball fans within local government.

Last edited by Boltman; 17.12.2014 at 03:56 PM.
Old 21.12.2014, 05:24 PM
All Pro

Would absolutely still follow the Bolts, though I don't want to see them go. I understand it's just economics but I do worry that we'd still see the LA stadium full of transplants.

Another year before that's a worry anyway!
Old 26.12.2014, 09:54 PM
Rookie

the dream scenario is getting a new stadium in SD, so still hoping on that, so how come you're all bolts fans? I'm the only one I know, I'm from near Manchester