Week 17 @ Ravens - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 28.12.2014, 12:29 AM
All Pro

Default Week 17 @ Ravens

So our season has really tailed off over the past few weeks and now we can add Gordon being suspended to the list of things that have kicked us in the nuts recently. (Plenty of fishy 'free agency' stuff and a pretty nasty end to Gordon's time here. As I mentioned last week he hasn't looked the same since he came back and I'm not that surprised it's come to this.)

Connor Shaw gets the start at QB and there will be a few guys playing for a job next year, but apart from finishing at .500 for the first time in about 86 years is anyone really bothered?
Old 28.12.2014, 06:53 AM
All Pro

Given all the factors going in to the game, the odds have got to be stacked against Shaw. However, if he makes a good showing, he's got to put himself in a good place for a starting job next year! The Ravens are still playing meaningful football, there has been a lack of chemistry between players on offense, with pressure too great on either QB to get anything going recently.
He will be going in to the game with the least reps of any QB and a depleted receiving corps (will 2014 JG missing be any loss at all!). The only factor in his favour is the lack of film on him, although Johnny didn't exactly exploit that one - lack of NFL film that is.
I have to say though, I am rooting for him, as I wasn't impressed to see Johnny late for treatment and missed walkthrough. I thought his humbling the last 2 games, might have resulted in a new work ethic which went beyond requirements, particularly from his statements. Seems he hasn't heard the one about actions speaking louder than words
Old 28.12.2014, 07:06 PM
All Pro

Do we know if Manziel is on the sidelines? I'm assuming not, as he has not been on camera.