The end of Chip??? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Philadelphia Eagles

Old 30.12.2015, 12:32 PM
Rookie

If I take my angry head off and think about things a bit, On paper Chip brought in some really good players. I was glad he had signed Bradford and Murray, I thought they could take us on. Sadly they haven't performed to the level that they are capable of. In fact Murray is one of the most expensive flops ever. Who could have envisaged that? Getting rid of Jackson was a bad move too. On the NFL.com report it was said Chip had done well with another mans team. I think that's true. When he made the changes it didn't work. It could have been so different. In such a poor division we still couldn't qualify for the playoffs. Nuff said. He had to go.
Old 30.12.2015, 12:42 PM
All Pro

yes he so easily discarded some of our best players but firing chip just makes it all pointless. should have gave him the extra year to let it play out. awell onwards and hopefully upwards, will miss the offensive play style though when it clicked it was really exciting
Old 30.12.2015, 03:52 PM
Rookie

Aye, will miss the quick fire offence. When it worked it had other teams D in all sorts of trouble. Should have never got rid of the players he did. Shipping out those players who were more suited to his style of offence was his downfall.

In some ways it's hard to see a coach like Chip wanting to sign someone like Murray - he's too straight forward. He's been a complete waste of money. He should be cut so the money can be redistributed more appropriately. A safe pair of hands downfield? A back up QB for when Bradford inevitably gets injured? Someone in the secondary?
Old 30.12.2015, 05:16 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK79 View Post
If I take my angry head off and think about things a bit, On paper Chip brought in some really good players. I was glad he had signed Bradford and Murray, I thought they could take us on. Sadly they haven't performed to the level that they are capable of. In fact Murray is one of the most expensive flops ever. Who could have envisaged that? Getting rid of Jackson was a bad move too. On the NFL.com report it was said Chip had done well with another mans team. I think that's true. When he made the changes it didn't work. It could have been so different. In such a poor division we still couldn't qualify for the playoffs. Nuff said. He had to go.
You nailed it!

Under performing players....
Old 31.12.2015, 07:47 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HttRedskins View Post
You nailed it!

Under performing players....
The opposite can be said for you guys! Performed better than most expected. I bet bookies had you down as wooden spoon candidates didn't they? Against all odds you win the division. Credit where credit's due...............
Old 01.01.2016, 09:00 PM
Pro

Great explanation from Jordan Matthews on the how/why the Eagles just seemed so flat all season:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...rs-explanation
Old 02.01.2016, 05:33 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK79 View Post
The opposite can be said for you guys! Performed better than most expected. I bet bookies had you down as wooden spoon candidates didn't they? Against all odds you win the division. Credit where credit's due...............
Yes, all the experts tipped us to prop up the division.

Over the season the team surprised us all, not expecting much from the play-offs tbh, but you never no what can happen - but it's a good sign we are heading in the right direction.
Old 06.01.2016, 04:52 PM
Rookie

Kirk Cousins has been excellent, but one man doesn't make a team. You've made the playoffs as a unit. Something we should learn from. If anything, we need to gel as a team again to progress. The Eagles performances were far too disjointed and dispirited on occasions. Hopefully Sean Payton will put that right!

Been to bookies this morning and backed the Seahawks to win Superbowl. Fancied them hitting form a few weeks back way before they made playoffs. Thought they'd come good. Just wish I'd have took the 18/1 that was on offer at the time! Only got 6/1 now. It's so open this year. No reason why you guys or the Steelers couldn't win it.