The Honolulu Silver and Blue thread - Page 60 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Detroit Lions

Old 28.02.2013, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Nate Burleson has restructured his contract and will be back next season. He was as good as gone before Young imploded and Broyles tore his ACL. Good to see him back though. Who will be your number 3 WR for Week 1, assuming Broyles goes on the PUP list? Will it be a case of moving Scheffler into the slot?
Old 28.02.2013, 07:44 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Nate Burleson has restructured his contract and will be back next season. He was as good as gone before Young imploded and Broyles tore his ACL. Good to see him back though. Who will be your number 3 WR for Week 1, assuming Broyles goes on the PUP list? Will it be a case of moving Scheffler into the slot?
At this early stage it looks like he'll have Thomas written on his back with Devin and Mike on the roster. Kris Durham may have benefited from playing at the season's end and may improve as a result through the off-season programme. I think we'll have a keen eye out for WR's that are released by other teams and may also use a late round selection on one.
Old 21.09.2015, 08:48 PM
Pro Bowler

Going to be a tough old year!........
Old 12.10.2015, 10:01 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanali View Post
Going to be a tough old year!........

Not showing any signs of getting better, given the Lions record it might be 2 years before someone is sacked too.
Old 13.06.2016, 12:05 PM
All Pro

I'm writing an off-season review for every team and my Lions review got posted today. Feel free to check it out as I recap their free agency spending and their draft before giving a final review and grade.

http://ontheclockblog.tumblr.com/pos...-season-review
Old 31.08.2016, 06:48 AM
Rookie

Here are the cuts we've made so far, according to nfl.com:

CB Crezdon Butler, TE matthew Mulligan, G Geoff Schwartz, K Devon Bell, WR Quinshad Davis, G Chase Farris, DE Deonte Gibson, DE Louis Palmer, CB Rashaad Reynolds, DE Quanterus Smith

While I've only seen the round-up highlights of the pre-season games (much more than that is a little painful!), I seem to recall people were high on Butler, so that's a little bit of a surprise.

In another day and age, Schwartz would probably be a surprise too. However, our O-line still looks shaky, so he obviously hasn't made much of an impression.

I would have started a new thread, but actual button required to post it seems to be missing under the redesign :-/