Predictions for game 1? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Detroit Lions

Old 06.09.2016, 09:56 PM
Rookie

Question Predictions for game 1?

So what are we all thinking for week 1 against the Colts, much chance of a result?
Old 07.09.2016, 07:50 AM
Rookie

There's always a chance. I think this could descend into a shootout, and wouldn't be surprised if one/both team surpass 30 points.

The Colts are favourites, but it is winnable.
Old 11.09.2016, 05:05 PM
All Pro

Given how we finished last season, and that but for an easily preventable Hail Mary we would've swept the Packers (now touted by many as SB winners), I'm amazed how readily the Lions chances for this season have been written off.

I may have to reassess my optimism after tonights game but for now I'm sticking with the positivity and think our D will dominate the Colts and Stafford and the O will show pre-season form is no indicator of regular season form
Old 12.09.2016, 03:18 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time_Kraken View Post
There's always a chance. I think this could descend into a shootout, and wouldn't be surprised if one/both team surpass 30 points.

The Colts are favourites, but it is winnable.
You called it!

Defence not great on either side but a great end to the game.
Old 12.09.2016, 04:44 PM
Starter

thought before the game the Lions would win, Colts are massively overrated, injured D, terrible o-line.
anyway, this is what I thought of the game:

that game should never have been that close. I'll start with the positives, the biggest one - Taylor Decker, lights out debut, made holes all over the place, protected Stafford very well, if he continues in this vein the worst running attack in the NFL will be nowhere near the bottom this season.
The whole O was great, Riddick is just unplayable in the open field, Jones is a fantastic downfield threat, Boldin just beggars belief at his route running, safe hands etc.. all aged 109. Stafford looked safe, assured. There were only 2 occasions where he seemed to think Megatron was still on the field - he tossed one really high down a sideline to Jones and seemed to expect him to come up with the ball. He also put a ball right to Jones double covered with a 3rd coming in, unsurprisingly nearly picked.

The negative, the D 2nd half. Now the Colts were bad, bar Luck's arm, really bad. Their O-line is terrible and the first half was men vs boys, Lions just swarmed them. 2nd half they adjusted, basically didn't bother to run, just Luck, couple quick steps and release. The Lions didn't seem to know what to do with this, surely they saw this coming, less pressure on the line let the elite QB do his thing. They didn't, Luck had a field day wherever Darius Slay wasn't, 20-30 yard passes and now it's a shootout.
Thank god the Lions win shootouts, Stafford in a 30 second drill, I actually think there is not a better QB in the NFL at just automatic middle/deep throws, Prater makes up for his missed XP and then a fantastic Colts lateral attempt at the end winds up with a safety.

Pretty damn good game, got to hope the D learns from this because if the O plays at that level again there are not many teams going to stop the Lions getting points on the board.