LA Chargers - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Old 13.01.2017, 10:33 AM
Pro

Commsierations.

I just don't see how the Chargers in LA can work.

At least the Rams had history and a fairly passionate fanbase to move back to but I just don't get the Chargers move, even with the one year foundation in LA.

Whilst the StubHub Center might be a newish stadium it is half the capacity designated by the NFL for franchise stadiums and I can't see it working financially for the Chargers
Old 13.01.2017, 01:43 PM
All Pro

Not that I disagree with you, but it's somewhat different moving a few miles up the I5 than it would be coming from from somewhere totally random.

I don't doubt it's partly due to the fact that the Chargers feel they have at least a moderate fanbase in LA built up over the last 20 or so years, and thus feel that they need to try and protect it from the return of the Rams.

But yeah, I agree it's not a good move, I just wanted to point out the thinking, and that they're hardly turning up in LA out of the [proverbial] blue, as you suggest.
Old 14.01.2017, 10:32 AM
Rookie

Not a big fan of teams relocating but hey, these things happen. Well if Chargers can have a few good seasons - notably better than Rams, then they could become the no1 team in LA by fan base.As for the new badge/logo, Me no likey!
Old 16.01.2017, 10:02 AM
Pro Bowler

The whole thing is a real shame. The only game I have seen in the states was a Chargers game and I have always seen them as my 2nd team. I cannot see it working out in the short term but long term potentially but think will take a while to build up a fan base. San Diego is my favoorite place in the US, beautiful city, such a shame there will no longer be any NFL.