Steelers @ Chiefs. 2017 Divisional Weekend. - Page 8 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Old 17.01.2017, 05:33 PM
Team Captain

AB was, and what a non issue to bring up.

I can feel the bitterness oozing out, it's the charisma of a super bowl winning coach and one that's not had a losing season in 10 years. How silly you look with the statistics weighed against you, and likely no playoff win since you where born.
Old 17.01.2017, 06:46 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazamctrfc View Post
AB was, and what a non issue to bring up.
Mike Tomlin made some very strong comments about Brown today,he see's the video as been very serious.guessing this is a distraction the other players are going to asked about all week by the media.
Old 17.01.2017, 11:03 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
Mike Tomlin made some very strong comments about Brown today,he see's the video as been very serious.guessing this is a distraction the other players are going to asked about all week by the media.
Think the fact that Brown is actually payed by Facebook to use Live might be the problem

http://fortune.com/2016/07/19/facebo...youtube-stars/
Old 18.01.2017, 02:01 AM
MVP

A lot of pish and wind being talked about this Antonio Brown video as far as I can see. Was it a dumb thing to do? For sure. Is it really a big deal? I don't believe so.

The talking heads are giving it big licks about how Bill Belichick will use this as motivation to end the Steelers season but to be honest I think if the Steelers manage this situation correctly they can make it work for them too. They just need to rally round Antonio Brown for the moment and create a siege mentality where the media are the bad guys for making a big deal of this. If Tomlin does that it will only bring the Steelers closer together between now and Sunday.

Four weeks ago I wouldn't have given a hill of beans for the Steelers chances of going into Foxboro and winning a play-off game. I am now of the opinion that they have a legit shot. It's all to play for in both Championship games.
Old 18.01.2017, 02:08 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman View Post
We're really going some when players now resort to whining about refs..... when the ref made a perfectly good call.

I'm still not sure what the league expects DB's to do when modern QB's are perfectly happy to sell their receivers out, lob up hospital passes that just invite the guy to get himself clobbered. Pull up a deckchair and sit and wait for the guy to come down with the catch? The 'defenseless receiver' garbage just encourages offensive players to be utterly reckless, yet the defenders are invariably the ones punished for the same. It's a total nonsense. It's not about player health at all, it's driven entirely by the leagues obsession with turning every single game into an aerial circus finishing with a basketball score. If they were really concerned with player safety, then teams would do what they used to do, i.e. chew out and bench QB's who routinely threw passes liable to get a receiver killed. I have no idea why it's apparently so disgusting for defenders to 'lead with the head' when offensive players are throwing themselves around with utter abandon and being rewarded with yardage penalties as a result. Both are equally as stupid.
Bang goes your chances of ever getting on the NFL Competition Committee. Great post though and I wholeheartedly agree.
Old 18.01.2017, 01:05 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus corax View Post
A lot of pish and wind being talked about this Antonio Brown video as far as I can see. Was it a dumb thing to do? For sure. Is it really a big deal? I don't believe so.

The talking heads are giving it big licks about how Bill Belichick will use this as motivation to end the Steelers season but to be honest I think if the Steelers manage this situation correctly they can make it work for them too. They just need to rally round Antonio Brown for the moment and create a siege mentality where the media are the bad guys for making a big deal of this. If Tomlin does that it will only bring the Steelers closer together between now and Sunday.

Four weeks ago I wouldn't have given a hill of beans for the Steelers chances of going into Foxboro and winning a play-off game. I am now of the opinion that they have a legit shot. It's all to play for in both Championship games.
Quote:
Bang goes your chances of ever getting on the NFL Competition Committee. Great post though and I wholeheartedly agree.
Superb summary from both. Agree 100%
Old 18.01.2017, 02:09 PM
All Pro

Quote:

Absolutely. Honestly, any member of the Patriots who needs something like this to get motivated for an AFC Championship game has no place in football and wouldn't last 5 seconds on a Belichick roster.