Steelers @ Patriots. 2017 AFC Championship. - Page 8 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Old 23.01.2017, 03:08 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by robroy View Post
But they'll all be stood on that podium together, that'll do me if only !!
Maybe Goodell will refuse to hand the trophy over and then destroy it.
Old 23.01.2017, 03:19 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus corax View Post
The Patriots level of consistency is remarkable but they are such an easy franchise to hate, and it's not just because they're good. I can't imagine there will be many neutrals who won't be rooting for the Falcons in two weeks time. I know I will be.
100% agree. I would support any team over the Patriots, anyone. And it's not as simple "they always win the Super Bowl" - they had a whole decade between 2004-2014 where they didn't win it a single time, but they were still the team I disliked the most. Denver or Seattle could win the Super Bowl 5 years running and it wouldn't equate.. that's not it. It's just everything from the coach to the owner to the QB and some of his receivers to deflate gate, spygate and all the rest to the fans, both US where Boston fans generally have a well-known reputation and the UK, where when I started following the NFL in the early 90s and the Patriots were rubbish I don't remember many Pats fans at all and suddenly after a few Super Bowls they were everywhere, all claiming they chose the team because it has the word England in the name and it's the closest city to the UK geographically.... funny how those 2 facts were equally true in the 80s/90s and nobody here cared about them

Quite like this Falcons team anyway so it is an extremely easy choice but even seeing Jerry Jones's smug face would be preferable to another New England win.
Old 23.01.2017, 03:26 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post

Quite like this Falcons team anyway so it is an extremely easy choice but even seeing Jerry Jones's smug face would be preferable to another New England win.
Didn't know Jerry Jones had bought the Falcons....must keep up with the latest news..

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPl3JPChH3h/
Old 23.01.2017, 03:27 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Unfortunately for you, Goodell hands the trophy to the owner not the QB.

Unless Atlanta does the colour switch like Denver did last time, the Pats get the lucky white jerseys. White has won something like 11 of the last 12 Super Bowls.
one of the most annoying NFL aspects is the way the owner sticks his beaak in when its glory time.

all i can say is wear white if you can against the Pats
Old 23.01.2017, 03:28 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagfan81 View Post
One more win and we get to see Goodell handing the Lombardi to Brady. Oh how I'd love to see that!!
It's the MVP trophy that Brady needs, that is handed over by the commish, on the Monday morning
Old 23.01.2017, 03:34 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
Didn't know Jerry Jones had bought the Falcons....must keep up with the latest news..

I don't think Bob thought Jones owned Atlanta, seemed to be saying it's easy to support Atlanta but would even be preferable to see Jones/Dallas win than seeing that filth from New England win again.

Not sure what I find more disturbing, finding out Eliza Dushku is a dirty Pats fan or having to endure another Brady love in.
Old 23.01.2017, 03:45 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Maybe Goodell will refuse to hand the trophy over and then destroy it.
You know, he just might do that
Old 23.01.2017, 04:04 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavlovsDog View Post
I don't think Bob thought Jones owned Atlanta, seemed to be saying it's easy to support Atlanta but would even be preferable to see Jones/Dallas win than seeing that filth from New England win again.

Not sure what I find more disturbing, finding out Eliza Dushku is a dirty Pats fan or having to endure another Brady love in.
She divorced her husband becasue he was traded to some LA team from Boston....that's hard core!
Old 23.01.2017, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

Hate to say that was predictable, but I did go for a 34-17 Patriots win. Steelers, good as they may be, are Brady's personal punching bag and they don't have the consistent pass rushing threat you need against New England...

Last edited by wayne ellis; 23.01.2017 at 08:16 AM.
Old 23.01.2017, 08:25 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign View Post

It's quite clear from the construction of my sentence that Jerry Jones and the Falcons are not related, hence the positive about Falcons, then a 'but', to talk about something different, then Jerry. But I'll be clear: literally anyone is preferable to a Patriots Super Bowl win. Ravens, Cowboys (Jerry in tow), OBJ and his endless showboating (he plays for a team other than the Falcons, Ravens or Cowboys, to spell it out). Even the Yankees or Man Utd or Cristiano Ronaldo (again, to spell out, these are not NFL teams or players, it is merely an illustration to hammer home to point). So, rooting for the Falcons is an easy choice. Ryan seems like a nice guy, he is the truly deserving MVP of the league, he's done it for 16 games and been lights out in the playoffs, Quinn seems like a guy you can get behind and they've got some really exciting players, especially on offense. I'm sure NFC South fans will feel differently but most of the rest of us fans of the other 30 teams not playing will be backing Atlanta I imagine.

Last edited by European Bob; 23.01.2017 at 08:31 AM.