Superbowl 51 Game day thread. - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Old 01.02.2017, 01:07 AM
All Pro

patriots win this easily 31-18 just have a bad feeling haha!

cant wait though for a papa johns and some home made chicken wings
Oh and obviously cant wait to be entertained by lady gaga at half time
Old 01.02.2017, 08:39 AM
Starter

There seems to be a lot of voodoo reverse psychology going on here, people saying we're gonna storm to victory in the hope we don't!

Based on the last 6 SB's we've been in I don't know how anyone can think this is gonna be one sided. It's definitely going to be close going into the 4th, I just hope the Patriots come out on top!

27-24.

Last edited by ToonPatriot; 01.02.2017 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01.02.2017, 09:25 AM
MVP

I think we need an inquiry to find out whether the guy who picked up Shanahan's lost playbook has any links to the Pats.
Old 01.02.2017, 10:13 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
I think we need an inquiry to find out whether the guy who picked up Shanahan's lost playbook has any links to the Pats.
even worse, it was a journalist....
Old 01.02.2017, 11:01 AM
All Pro

A great season will end in a hammering by the best QB and head coach ever. I can see Blount getting 20+ carries as our run defence is weak. Also Dion Lewis and James White should get plenty of catches out of the back field as we are allergic to covering backs in the passing game. Patriots run defence should force us to be one dimensional and with Julio getting taken out of the game I don't like our chances to keep up with the Pats. No chance we beat a Belichick coached team when they have two weeks to prepare.

Patriots 37-17 Falcons.
Old 01.02.2017, 12:32 PM
All Pro

I'm going to stick with a Falcons win on every post on the subject in the hope that my will alone will do it.

Realistically I can see a Falcons win if they get into gear early doors. What I'm hoping for is possession followed by a quick TD. A stop for a Pats Field Goal, another Atlanta TD and then a turnover. That would be a dream first 20 minutes.

Last edited by LesterHayes; 01.02.2017 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01.02.2017, 06:01 PM
All Pro

Think a lot depends on how Atlanta start - if they start slow like Carolina did last year I can see things snowballing, but if they can score another opening drive TD they'll gain confidence and it'll be a close one

Think people are giving the Pats D a little too much credit. I can see Atlanta putting up 30-35 points on us. Just depends on whether Brady and co can keep up (which they should be able to do)
Old 01.02.2017, 07:45 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGall13 View Post
A great season will end in a hammering by the best QB and head coach ever. I can see Blount getting 20+ carries as our run defence is weak. Also Dion Lewis and James White should get plenty of catches out of the back field as we are allergic to covering backs in the passing game. Patriots run defence should force us to be one dimensional and with Julio getting taken out of the game I don't like our chances to keep up with the Pats. No chance we beat a Belichick coached team when they have two weeks to prepare.

Patriots 37-17 Falcons.

Although impressed by the Falcons players and coaching I share this perspective. I've not seen much NFL this season but the Falcons haven't faced a running attack anything like the Pats O-line plus Blount in the playoffs.

I think it'll be a bit closer, because the Falcons will definitely get over 20 points I reckon.

Patriots 36 - 26 Falcons

PS - beating BB with two weeks prep isn't all that hard
Old 02.02.2017, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

As much as I'd like to see it, I'm not expecting an Atlanta win. As explosive as their Offense can be, their Defense doesn't convince me at all and I think New England will move the ball pretty easily on them.

I think New England's RB's will play a big part. I can see LeGarrette Blount going for over 100 yards, with Dion Lewis and James White doing some damage as receivers out of the backfield.

Atlanta will need to get consistent pressure on Tom Brady, but they don't really have anyone other than Vic Beasley who's capable of doing that.

Offensively, the Falcons have the firepower to put up a big score on anybody. They have arguably the best RB pairing in the league in Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman, one of the 2 best WR's in Julio Jones and plenty of other receiving threats.

However, I expect the Patriots to find a way to contain them early on in what I expect to be a fairly tight first half, before pulling away after half time thanks largely to a couple of Atlanta turnovers...

Patriots 34 Falcons 17
Old 02.02.2017, 01:10 PM
MVP

Heart says Atlanta. Head says New England.

The Falcons offense is the best unit in this game but the Patriots are the more rounded team. The more rounded team usually wins. As a long time admirer of Kyle Shanahan(I wanted the Ravens to hire him instead of Marc Trestman) I would like to see him win a ring with his offense.

Hopefully it will be a good, close game. This year's play-offs have been the worst I can ever remember, with the exception of the Packers @ Cowboys and Steelers @ Chiefs games. Been far too many blow outs this year. A nail biter of a Superbowl would go some way to repairing the damage.