Revis - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 20.02.2017, 12:40 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
TMZ have put some of the video online and there is a voice talking about just knocking two guys out and threatening a by stander.they report officials think its Revis's voice.
Hmmm, think I'd wait for something a little more concrete to emerge than that.
Old 20.02.2017, 06:38 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Hmmm, think I'd wait for something a little more concrete to emerge than that.
well they did a better job investigating Ray Rice and Greg Hardy than the NFL.
Old 20.02.2017, 06:55 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
these kids seemed to see a famous athlete and decided to get a video with him,surely a veteran like Revis could have handled it better than eventually grabbing the phone and escalating something that probably happens every day into a mass punch up on a busy street.surely he could have just smiled a bit said some nice things then asked them to stop.
Aye you make a good point. I don't believe in the filming and photographs though. I've met some ..slightly famous dudes working in film and television and I never ask for a photo or autograph as I don't believe in it, I don't see what's wrong with just having a chat or just saying hi.
Old 20.02.2017, 08:29 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyNation View Post
Aye you make a good point. I don't believe in the filming and photographs though. I've met some ..slightly famous dudes working in film and television and I never ask for a photo or autograph as I don't believe in it, I don't see what's wrong with just having a chat or just saying hi.
sure athlete's/celebrities know that if they re-act to the camera's it becomes a bigger story.think we had the Troy Deeney thing last week when he was in a bar had a few people ask for photo's but the one time he said no it started an ugly incident.guess its the price off fame in the everybody carry's a camera age we live in.

Last edited by lee harris 10; 20.02.2017 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01.03.2017, 08:43 AM
Starter

So, the Jets have released him...who will take a chance on him still having something left, will he be willing to move to Safety (he'll have to), is his heart still in playing?
Such a smart, savvy player in his prime...
Old 01.03.2017, 09:59 PM
All Pro

The fact that the greatest achievement of Darrelle Revis, one of the Jets greatest ever players, is winning a ring with the Patriots is possibly the most Jets thing ever

I would imagine he retires- moving him to safety would be an utter disaster, if you watched any of him this past season the guy didn't even tackle playing corner let alone centre field
Old 02.03.2017, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
The fact that the greatest achievement of Darrelle Revis, one of the Jets greatest ever players, is winning a ring with the Patriots is possibly the most Jets thing ever

I'd say establishing himself as the best lockdown CB of his generation would probably trump a bandwagon SB win personally. Certainly, that's what he will be most remembered for...
Old 03.03.2017, 03:14 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
I'd say establishing himself as the best lockdown CB of his generation would probably trump a bandwagon SB win personally. Certainly, that's what he will be most remembered for...
Agree there. Similar story with DaMarcus Ware. Yes, he won a Superbowl with Denver, but he'll always be remembered for the beast he was in Dallas first. A Superbowl win is what every player should be trying to achieve, but it doesn't define them as players.

Last edited by nick_chicane; 03.03.2017 at 03:16 PM.
Old 15.03.2017, 07:02 PM
MVP

All charges dismissed.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...vis-dismissed/
Old 16.03.2017, 04:55 PM
Hall of Fame

Pats sign him for vet minimum, wins another SB as a backup, all the while the Jets are paying him $6 million for the season