2017 Offseason Thread - News, Free Agency, all that jazz - Page 68 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 18.03.2017, 10:49 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_chicane View Post
Our defense has become an even bigger concern now though. Might have to use all our draft picks on it now
I was reading something the other day that said we should be happy that they've decided on a total rebuild in the secondary. I can see that side of things but it's not like the Cowboys have a hatful of picks in this years draft. If they had a couple of compensatory picks in the 3rd or 4th round I'd feel a little more comfortable with it but they don't. As it stands they have 4 picks in the top 210. 4. No guaranteeing they can trade back in the draft to pick up any extra.

They must have high hopes for Charles Tapper.
Old 18.03.2017, 12:44 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
I was reading something the other day that said we should be happy that they've decided on a total rebuild in the secondary. I can see that side of things but it's not like the Cowboys have a hatful of picks in this years draft. If they had a couple of compensatory picks in the 3rd or 4th round I'd feel a little more comfortable with it but they don't. As it stands they have 4 picks in the top 210. 4. No guaranteeing they can trade back in the draft to pick up any extra.

They must have high hopes for Charles Tapper.
Yeah I dont understand that way of thinking either. The defense already needed plenty of work upfront, yet now we've cleared out the secondary too. Yes, we'll potentially have Jaylon Smith in the mix this season, barring no setbacks, but thats a hell of a lot of holes to fill now. Its now gone from needing a good defensive draft to needing an excellent one.
Old 18.03.2017, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

Cincinnati have signed Kevin Minter on a one year deal...
Old 19.03.2017, 09:30 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
Two years, up to $12m. Good to get another weapon for Carr, a bit concerning that he didn't show much until the playoffs, on the other hand that's when you want your players to show up. Zach Brown is the fish I want to land, if the money spent on Cook means we miss out on Brown I'm going to be mightily peed off.
Had some fitness issues in the first half of the season, but although his numbers only really started to ramp up in the playoffs his influence outside of the stats did gradually improve in that latter half of the reg season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw13 View Post
LOL, Cook is still employed in the NFL? OK, none of my concern anymore...but how HCs keep on giving that guy a job I'll never know.
Probably because on the basis of last season, he showed HCs that when he's got a QB throwing to him that isnt total gash, and a system that suits, he's a good pass catching TE. Given Carr is a good QB, could see him being a decent option.
Old 20.03.2017, 02:08 PM
Hall of Fame

They have found Brady's jersey from the SB...and with it his jersey from the Seattle win as well.

It was in the possession of an accredited media reporter....

please, please, please let it be someone from ESPN
Old 20.03.2017, 02:20 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
They have found Brady's jersey from the SB...and with it his jersey from the Seattle win as well.

Maybe it was the guy who 'found' Shanahan's playbook and he thought they were a gift...
Old 20.03.2017, 03:56 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign View Post

Reports that the same guy may have borrowed some Von Miller stuff from superbowl 50 as well.seems the items have been found in mexico.
Old 20.03.2017, 07:07 PM
MVP

Raiders have signed EJ Manuel (no idea why) and re-signed LS John Condo (hey, long snappers are people too). Geno Smith has passed his medical and will sign with the Giants, reportedly a one year deal for $2m.
Old 20.03.2017, 07:22 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Raiders have signed EJ Manuel (no idea why) and re-signed LS John Condo (hey, long snappers are people too). Geno Smith has passed his medical and will sign with the Giants, reportedly a one year deal for $2m.
On behalf of Bills fan everywhere, I would like to thank the Raiders organisation and their fans for taking EJ off our hands. We hope he does well in the competition to be your 3rd choice QB.
Old 20.03.2017, 07:29 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
does seem strange signing Manuel when you drafted a guy last year,surely it just takes snaps away from Cook.why do the Giants need a back-up QB,Eli never misses a snap so $2m for wearing a baseball cap on the sidelines.

reports the saints are close to signing Manti Te'o and the possible contract for Malcolm Butler is almost agreed so now just about working out the compensation for the Patriots.

the Buc's signed Nick Folk to give Roberto Aguayo some competition in camp.