Quarterback Cover - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Seattle Seahawks

Old 02.05.2016, 06:36 PM
Team Captain

Default Quarterback Cover

I check the official team roster - just Russell Wilson at QB

Is T.Jax coming back again?

Oregon Ducks undrafted QB Vernon Adams is in his words "the 2nd best QB in the 2016 College Draft". Rumours are that he will attend mini-camp.

What is Tim Tebow doing this year?
Old 02.05.2016, 09:57 PM
All Pro

TJax didn't sign until the summer last year so unless there is interest elsewhere I suspect he'll be back.

Adams will be at the mini-camp. There is a good chance a deal will be struck there if he impresses. Otherwise we'll get Hasselbeck out of retirement....
Old 03.05.2016, 07:25 PM
Starter

We have signed Jake Heaps today, though I am not sure I would be happy to rely on him if anything happened to Wilson.
Old 03.05.2016, 08:13 PM
Team Captain

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegpeg View Post
We have signed Jake Heaps today, though I am not sure I would be happy to rely on him if anything happened to Wilson.
Last year, after a brief workout with the Jets, Jake joined the Brooklyn Bolts of the Fall Experimental Football League. What?!

One thing going for him is that he is 'hometown' so can cycle to practise
Old 04.05.2016, 06:34 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegpeg View Post
This one stinks of 'camp arm'.

Someone to throw interceptions to the legion so they are confident as the season starts
Old 27.06.2016, 10:20 PM
Starter

With T Jax allegedly threatening to shoot his wife it looks as if he will not be the Seahawks back-up in 2016.

As positive things have been said about Boykin ( Item 3 here) he could be set to be one bad tackle away from leading the Hawks, I don't follow the collage game but with everyone desperate to find a QB I would have thought a guy ready to be number 2 in the depth chart in his first season would have been drafted. How good is he? Could he be the next Dave Krieg?
Old 28.06.2016, 02:32 AM
All Pro

The good news about Boykin is that he would been drafted had he not missed TCU's bowl game after being arrested for public intoxication in the run up to the game.

He's a very good athlete, with an above average arm and has shown the potential to make NFL calibre throws. He has some touch in his throws and has the mobility in the pocket to mirror what Wilson does.

However, like Wilson, he is rather undersized. Although that is arguably less of a problem in our system. He is also a very raw thrower. He can stare down receivers, especially if he knows its going to be a tight window and has been known to under throw if he misses too many long early. He also comes from a fairly simple system so he'll need time to develop as a leader and play caller.

If he needs to take over, Seattle will return to the run first, play action system that prevailed in 2012/13. It could lead to victories in the short term but we don't have Marshawn in beastmode like then and it will be found out fairly quickly.
Old 29.06.2016, 01:59 PM
Team Captain

Adding assaulting a police officer makes it worse than 'public intoxication', a lot worse!
Old 29.06.2016, 05:08 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by batemans25 View Post
Adding assaulting a police officer makes it worse than 'public intoxication', a lot worse!
Interesting that this has come up so soon after Jackson. Also interesting to note that the assault charge was massively downplayed in the media before the draft but, rather obviously now, it was a clearly more than advertised
Old 03.05.2017, 11:45 AM
Team Captain

Jake Heaps is back at QB (backup or backup of backup) so there must be something in his playing ability or has the 2017 Draft just been devoid of QBs?

Tags
russell wilson