The amount of UK Patriots fans - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 05.09.2017, 11:43 AM
Pro

Default The amount of UK Patriots fans

I find it so funny that most of the UK has jumped on the Patriots bandwagon since there recent success. Just wondered how may of you genuinely liked the Patriots before they were successful? Not hating on anyone that does follow the glory teams but does make me cringe, it just reminds me of your typical soccer fans supporting big clubs like Real Madrid or Barcelona. Come on guys use your imagination little and support an team for a different reason rather than just following them because there most likely to win things...
Old 05.09.2017, 01:13 PM
Hall of Fame

I think you will find most Pats fans have abandoned this site?

Don't know why?
Old 05.09.2017, 01:28 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
I think you will find most Pats fans have abandoned this site?

Don't know why?
Was talking more in general rather than this site, it also seems every NFL jersey i see in the UK now is either a Pats or a Raiders jersey...
Old 05.09.2017, 03:24 PM
Rookie

I have supported the pats since the 2001 Super Bowl. It was the first American football game I had watched and cheered for the massive underdog whilst friends went mad over the greatest show on turf. Seems I got lucky. Since gamepass has been launched I've watched every game, seen them play at Wembley twice and met most of the team. Im hardly a glory hunter, I support Millwall!
Old 05.09.2017, 05:20 PM
All Pro

Success breeds support, in any sport. It is what it is.

For me I'm 28 now and picked the Pats when I was 8(ish, I think), because the first NFL game I saw was Patriots vs Redskins and my dad was a Redskins fan. I actually didn't watch the NFL between the ages of 12-18 so missed the first 3 SB victories, got back into it through the Madden games and hearing some hype about the 2007 team... Delved deep into the NFL that year only for the heartbreaking ending, but loved it.

Anyway, since I've been on this site there has always been lots of Patriots fans, probably from the 2001-4 success and the fact that it has England in the title... I don't know why it bothers you though. I grew up in Bolton as a Bolton Wanderers fan but most people supported United, because they were a massive club with loads of trophies, and that's fine. You can be a Patriots fan and be disappointed if the team doesn't win the Super Bowl or you can be a Jets fan and cheer going .500 but either way we're just hoping our team plays well and enjoying the games.
Old 05.09.2017, 08:11 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale01 View Post
Was talking more in general rather than this site, it also seems every NFL jersey i see in the UK now is either a Pats or a Raiders jersey...
Nice one, The Raiders are finally getting some bandwagon fans.
Old 05.09.2017, 10:04 PM
Pro

I've been a New England fan since I was 8 years old, back in 1985, so I've seen the great times and the bad (1-15 in 1990 sticks out). I'm sure once Brady retires, the number of Pat fans will dwindle a bit.
Old 05.09.2017, 10:06 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsy1985 View Post
I have supported the pats since the 2001 Super Bowl. It was the first American football game I had watched and cheered for the massive underdog whilst friends went mad over the greatest show on turf. Seems I got lucky. Since gamepass has been launched I've watched every game, seen them play at Wembley twice and met most of the team. Im hardly a glory hunter, I support Millwall!
I'm surprised you can string a proper sentence together supporting them lot from the toolbox!
Old 06.09.2017, 10:06 AM
Team Captain

Any team that's had the success the Patriots has will always attract bandwagon jumpers, it also happened with teams like the Seahawks but to a lesser degree.

It does amuse me though the amount of UK Patriots fans that support the team because it has "England" in the name, from the ones I've spoken to it's a fairly high percentage.

Each to their own I say, there's still only one America's Team!
Old 06.09.2017, 10:18 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaher View Post
Any team that's had the success the Patriots has will always attract bandwagon jumpers, it also happened with teams like the Seahawks but to a lesser degree.

It does amuse me though the amount of UK Patriots fans that support the team because it has "England" in the name, from the ones I've spoken to it's a fairly high percentage.

Each to their own I say, there's still only one America's Team!
I literally started following them cos of that when I was young - and I did start supporting in the infamous 2009 Matt Cassel season - I was heartbroken when they traded him away...how stupid I was