Lions Fan Club - Page 46 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Detroit Lions

Old 22.10.2014, 07:04 PM
Starter

is everyone getting to the lions in Trafalgar Square for midday on Saturday or just coming as and when?
I'm most likely going to get there for noon, hope to see you all there.
Old 22.10.2014, 09:39 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Mitten View Post
is everyone getting to the lions in Trafalgar Square for midday on Saturday or just coming as and when?
I'm most likely going to get there for noon, hope to see you all there.
I need to do a better job of promoting this don't I https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=53118&page=42 Post #416
Old 22.10.2014, 09:41 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_dannyvee View Post
Just received this email. Gutted that im not down till later on

Calling all Lions Fans!

Join the Detroit Lions this Friday for a very special event as they film for their pre-game show which will air back in Michigan on the same day!

Apply now to be one of 50 lucky fans to join the Lions exclusive TV show which is being recorded at*1pm*on Friday afternoon in central London.

All winners will be selected this Wednesday. If you are lucky enough to be selected we will contact you to confirm the location.

APPLY NOW

Terms and Conditions apply.
Anyone lucky enough to be among the lucky 50 fans? Sadly not heard anything myself (managed to get day off work just in case too )
Old 23.10.2014, 09:19 AM
Pro Bowler

I'll be at the Lion Saturday!! Just found myself bouncing my legs and knees while sat down, don't normally do that - must be excitement!!
Old 01.11.2014, 01:37 PM
All Pro

With no Lions game this weekend it is the perfect opportunity to write a piece for the Newsletter Wembley Special. Given how so few of us managed to meet up everyone should have something fresh to write about and share. Photo's also welcome with submissions Please send to the BornFree email address.

Look forward to Inbox being overwhelmed with Wembley Weekend tales
Old 10.02.2016, 07:32 AM
Starter

Did this fan club ever get off the ground?
Get a website set up? Social media accounts etc.

There isnt a area way of telling without me trawling through the thread for snippets of info.
Maybe a pinned details thread with all confirmed info for new applicants?
Old 27.09.2016, 05:32 PM
All Pro

Arrow Lions Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by White9 View Post
Did this fan club ever get off the ground?
Get a website set up? Social media accounts etc.

There isnt a area way of telling without me trawling through the thread for snippets of info.
Maybe a pinned details thread with all confirmed info for new applicants?
I think real life took over for WillyT and he started a family - I can't say I have recieved a newsletter in a few seasons now so think unfortuantaly it just didn't sustain - think it just took to much time. Shame as it was really good while it lasted bringing UK & Irish Lions fans closer together especially around the teams 2 trips to London.

However I guess for now fans can post on this NFL UK Lions thread regards info and any meet ups. Defo would like to do something for TG but may be more general as in with other non Lions fans - think the peeps on TFP (TheFanPub.com) are puting together a TG meet up to watch NFL games somewhere in UK and I think I'm gonna get involved with that - trying to get the Thursday and Friday off work (put in for them just waiting for a decision) so that if its not local to me I can travel and stay over whereever they hosting there event - plus not have to worry about a hangover the Friday.
Old 08.11.2016, 08:29 PM
All Pro

As has been said I have not been able to devote the time to the fan club that I was originally able to and, as can be seen by the posts on this forum, there just wasn't that much interest from people to justify my devoting what little spare time I did and do have to the fan club.

The Wembley games have shown there are plenty of Lions fans around the UK but with the advances made with social media and the Lions official website the sense of isolation that was expressed when the club was formed is no longer there.

The newsletters were great fun to produce and it was gratifying to know they were received so well but I think if I do find the time to devote to the fan club in future it will be around the blog. The newsletters relied on club members contributions but these became fewer as time went on which meant I was writing most if not all the content.

Anyone interested in the Fan Club can always DM me via this site.
Old 06.09.2017, 07:18 AM
Rookie

New to the forums but just wanted to say Hi to all my fellow lions fans.