WWE thread - Page 103 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 17.11.2017, 03:19 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
James Ellsworth has finally been released...

Bizarre buildup to Survivor Series, with several title changes and matches being changed over the last few weeks. Have to admit the card looks much better now, and a lot more unpredictable than it was...
Yeah to be honest I'm happy with what they've done recent weeks tbf. The PPV looks stacked, and I genuinely don't know what's going to happen in most matches - how wrestling should be!
Old 19.11.2017, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Should be an interesting night, with the potential for some unpredictable finishes, though NXT has set the bar high again with another excellent Takeover...
Old 06.01.2018, 02:33 PM
MVP

Just completed my first New Japan show, a few thoughts from a newbie:

The language barrier wasn’t as large as I thought it would be, with the Yank commentary I had a fair idea of what was going on.

Young Bucks are pretty good, but nothing special based upon WK12 alone. Same for Cody.

The Junior Heavyweight, US title and Main event were worth the ¥999, think I’ll stay subscribed.

Will Ospreay is amazing, he may be as good as AJ Styles was at his age, I’ve never heard him cut a promo, but AJ wasn’t great in the early days, but they both do things in the ring that I wouldn’t have thought possible. Scurll calling him a ****** was the highlight of the show for me .

I really believe that WWE limits there wrestlers, seeing a 47 year old Y2J put on his best match in years emphasises the point more than anything.

I found it easy to get emotionally invested in matches I could get any sort of emotional grip in, obviously supporting the Brits (even ZSJ in the pre-show battle royal) and as a WWE fan Y2J, but despite knowing nothing about either of the main event guys they had me the most invested at any point outside of the Oscutter (sp).

Who was that Japanese woman they kept on showing? I assume one of the commentators?

Having the English announce table destroyed was a pretty cool moment, I’m sure it happens more, but it was nice to see the Spanish not get screwed over for once .

I agree with CM Punk, there’s no such thing as a co-main event, the last match on is the main event, regardless of how much you hype up the undercard.

Is this the best time in British wrestling history? Having gone through so long with just Regal it’s good to see it thriving on an international stage. I really need to get to a progress or Rev Pro event.
Old 12.01.2018, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

Paige's in-ring career is reportedly over as a result of an injury she sustained in a recent match against Sasha Banks...
Old 14.01.2018, 12:14 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Paige's in-ring career is reportedly over as a result of an injury she sustained in a recent match against Sasha Banks...
I hear its a back injury. Given her age could she not make a comeback ala HBK?
Old 23.01.2018, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Well, the 25th Anniversary edition of RAW doesn't seem to have lived up to expectations. No real surprise, although it does amuse me that Bray Wyatt pinned Matt Hardy clean. Never been a fan of the whole broken/woken thing, shame he will go on to win the feud.

Meanwhile, Enzo Amore has been released over the recent **** allegations against him (having been initially suspended). His accuser doesn't exactly seem the classiest of individuals, and it's easy to doubt her story, but presumably the WWE must have evidence of Enzo's guilt to have released him...
Old 23.01.2018, 09:28 PM
MVP

stone cold stunning vince and shane and drinking beers made up for what was a poor 25th anniversary show. the DX segment sucked too.
Old 29.01.2018, 11:55 AM
All Pro

What did people think of the rumble?

I really enjoyed it - some thoughts below;

Pre show - really enjoyed the KO/Zayn segment, and thought the Revival match was good. Not sure about having Mojo be the challenger for the US Title open challenge but guess it was the pre show so was never gonna be someone big

WWE title match - thought it was a good match, the KO/Zayn team is just great to watch - think it was hurt a little bit the inevitability of the end result. Not sure what the pay off for KO/Zayn against Shane is going to be at Wrestlemania...

Smackdown tag title match - thought it was a good match, was nice to see a 2 out of 3 falls match finish in two falls and it made the Usos continue to look strong. I have a feeling they might be coming up against new call ups the Authors of Pain at Wrestlemania...

Mens rumble - loved it from start to finish. Enjoyed the early silliness of some of the entries, Elias is great! Then it kind of built and built to the crescendo really nicely with some good spots along the way (Roman eliminating Seth, Hurricane return etc). The final 6 show off between old/new was a great idea, and the final four literally had me on the edge of my seat as all four could've won and I wouldn't have had a complaint. Great showing for Balor, even if vince doesn't rate him there are clearly many backstage who do, and for Nakamura to finally get the win was the right result - Styles vs Nakamura in the Wrestlemania main event is phwoar!

Raw tag title match - was a decent match, obviously killed by being after the rumble. Enjoying Jason Jordan more and more, and think it was right to get the title back on the Bar

Universal title match - as with the WWE title match, kind of hurt by the inevitability of the finish and outcome, but still an enjoyable match I thought. Was never going to be a wrestling clinic, but enjoyed some of the spots. Legit thought Brock/Braun were going to get into a proper brawl after that knee and then punch (included a bleep out of something Brock said) - that brought some intensity, even though I don't think it was deliberate. Also Cole stunk on comms this match

Womens rumble - was a tad surprised it went on last, but with the finish I think it had too. Steph was a bit annoying on comms but not as bad as feared. The match itself was again really well booked, and was good to see some of the returnees, in particular Vickie and Trish (who was great). Enjoyed the face offs towards the end, with Trish/Mickie, Sasha/Trish and Sasha/Asuka - and Nikki eliminating Brie was a nice twist too. Right result with Asuka winning, and then Ronda debuting at the end, although slightly weird (I'm not sure she was given great direction), was the right way to bring her in imo and really builds up hype for the mania season on the womens side. Also seems like we'll be getting a much needed Sasha heel turn after her antics and Bailey elimination...

Really enjoyed it overall - thought it was one of the best Rumble PPVs in the past decade easily

Also Takeover was incredible - Gargano vs Almas a match of the year candidate easily
Old 08.04.2018, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

NXT Takeover again set the bar impossibly high for the main roster last night. The ladder match and Gargano v Ciampa will likely be better than anything we see for the rest of the year. As for Wrestlemania 34 tonight, I'm hopeful rather than optimistic. Several matches have had poor builds, and the card just doesn't excite me. Hopefully there's a few surprises in there:

Really don't care about either Battle Royal, they're just an excuse to get as many wrestlers on the card as possible and winning the match means nothing. Give the winner a title shot, and maybe people would care? Think Matt Hardy probably wins the men's match, while the women's is a coin toss between Bayley and Sasha Banks.

Have to admit to not paying any attention to the Cruiserweight division since Neville left. Ali seems to be gaining in popularity as of late, and I think he gets the win here.

Would love to see Harper and Rowan win the tag titles (would be loooong overdue), but they've been so dominant in the build up that I don't see it happening. Going for the Uso's to steal it and keep the belts.

The Intercontinental Championship match could steal the show, if it's given enough time. Wouldn't be a massive shock if the Miz retains, but I expect Balor to win and go on to feud with Rollins.

A heel turn from Shane McMahon or Daniel Bryan (probably Shane) is a definite possibility, but I think the WWE will go with the "feel good" Bryan win to get the fans onside before the Roman Reigns match. Owens and Zayn will end up back on RAW in a week or two, so it's not a huge deal if they lose.

Honestly have no interest at all in the U.S Championship match. I like Orton, but he's completely stale and I'm still salty about his win against Bray at WM33. Roode is gloriously dull and we all know the WWE doesn't value Rusev. Going for Mahal to win, because meh...

Turning Rousey heel and having her cost Angle the match would be the smart move, she should never be a face. Don't see it happening though, more likely she turns on RAW tomorrow. Expecting a double submission finish tonight.

The RAW Tag Team title match has been badly built from the start. Why is Braun stuck in a low level match like this after the year he's had, and why should we care about who his partner is when he's clearly capable of winning by himself? Would be happy if Bray turns out to be his partner, but it'll probably be a returning Big Show.

Asuka is an obvious winner. There's been some talk of Carmella cashing in, but I think she'll end up moving to RAW after Wrestlemania and cashing in then.

Cena vs Undertaker would have been huge 5 years ago. Now, Taker is washed up and his legacy has been irreparably tarnished (should have retired after the epic match against HHH at WM28), while Cena the wrestling cancer mails it in in most of his matches. The build up has been a joke, to the extent that we don't even know if the match will happen. If it does, Cena will win (because he reaaaaalllly needs it...

Nia Jax winning the Women's title is another obvious one. Alexa Bliss has been a great heel champion, but she's held the title long enough now. Not expecting Nia to have a long reign, but she deserves her big moment tonight.

Nakamura vs Styles should be epic. The fans haven't quite bought into Nak yet, and he will probably get a few boos in this one, but he and AJ should put on a great match. Don't see any result other than a Nakamura win via KINSHASAAAA!

Reigns v Lesnar will main event, and undoubtedly get crapped on by the idiot fans. Blatantly obvious Reigns will win, but with Lesnar seemingly on his way out (again), it would make a ton of sense for Roman to turn heel and side with Heyman...
Old 09.04.2018, 06:38 PM
All Pro

Gargano vs Ciampa might be the best storyline and match to end a feud of the past decade or so - what an unbelievable match, I haven't been so invested in a match since I was a kid - when Gargano was not gonna hit Ciampa with the crutch at the end I was yelling "hit him!" at my phone!!!