Divisional round weekend - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 10.01.2018, 08:06 PM
MVP

The INT total is odd. Up to week 15 he actually only had 9 ints, even though most would have guessed double that.
Now however he's in the worst stretch of the year by quite a way, you can see 2-3 on Sunday. If they are down now than points at any point they're sunk....
Old 15.01.2018, 07:58 AM
Starter

So the last four QBs standing are Tom Brady, Blake Bortles, Case Keenum and Nick Foles. Unbelievable... nobody would have picked any of the latter three to get to this stage, yet at least one of them will now be starting a Super Bowl. And there’s a fair chance none of the three will be starters in a year’s time. Makes you wonder, is the all-consuming search for a long-term franchise QB a bit of a red herring in some cases, i.e. get the rest of your team in order and someone unheralded might be able to do the job for you? Whereas a great QB with little support is just an expensive luxury.

Brady will probably get injured now and the Pats win it with Brian Hoyer under center...
Old 15.01.2018, 08:26 AM
Starter

Well my picks were shot to pieces this weekend. Patriots only one I got right. Great set of games.

I'll be rooting for anyone but the Vikings from here out
Old 15.01.2018, 10:54 AM
Starter

Got all four games predicted correctly, although the end to the Saints Vikings game was something...!
Old 15.01.2018, 12:16 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest49 View Post
So the last four QBs standing are Tom Brady, Blake Bortles, Case Keenum and Nick Foles. Unbelievable... nobody would have picked any of the latter three to get to this stage, yet at least one of them will now be starting a Super Bowl. And there’s a fair chance none of the three will be starters in a year’s time. Makes you wonder, is the all-consuming search for a long-term franchise QB a bit of a red herring in some cases, i.e. get the rest of your team in order and someone unheralded might be able to do the job for you? Whereas a great QB with little support is just an expensive luxury.

Brady will probably get injured now and the Pats win it with Brian Hoyer under center...
The main reason those qbs wouldn't be picked for the last 4 is because two of them didn't have the starting job in week1. Not too surprising that the Jags made it. There defense is a who's who of quality and top ranked draft picks. The mystery there isn't so much Bortles, as it is why the defense is getting beat up so much lately, a ridiculous 42pts v Pitt, and a runaround from Jimmy G in December too. This D will have to look no1 ranked in Foxboro, to give the Jags a shot at the shock. I would like to see it happen.
Old 15.01.2018, 12:33 PM
Hall of Fame

Credit to Bortles who I've been critical of on here. Played well and despite the odd brainfart he threw and ran efficently and effectively when it mattered

The Steelers on D were a rabble. Absolute headcases for the majority of that game. It perhaps stems from Tomlin who's public persona remains one of someone both impulsive & immature

Mike Mitchell had one of the worst games I've seen from an NFL starter.
Old 15.01.2018, 01:00 PM
Pro

Keenum wasn't even a back-up at the start of the year!

Having said that nobody expected these teams to get to the playoffs let alone the Championship game and while Wentz led the eagles to the Playoffs Keenum did all the work for the Vikings.

Here is the NFL Week 1 Power Rankings:
Pats 1
Eagles 19
Vikings 20
Jags 31

Maybe these teams were expected to do badly because of there QBs (Wentz wasn't particularly rated at the start of the season having start 2016 well but then faded)

Keenum has had a phenomenal season especially considering the Vikings haven't had much of a running game since Cook went out, I am sure someone will sign him for a starting role next year.

I don't think Bortles is that bad, he certainly isn't elite but I would put him around 20 of starting QBs. I expect the Jags will take yup the option for him next year but if he doesn't someone else will.

A lot of it is other than the elite QBs that perform well every year you never know who will do well in a season, sometimes it is a ow drafted rookie (Prescott last year) sometimes it is someone who suddenly steps up in ability (Goff and Keenum, Wentz this year), etimes it is an aging player having a final last hooray (Alex Smith).