2018 offseason thread - free agency, draft, random arrests etc - Page 7 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 07.02.2018, 10:14 AM
Hall of Fame

McDaniels has burnt his bridges with the rest of the NFL. No other team is going to risk what happened to the Colts

Its not a surprise even to the Colts it seems as this news was mooted hours before the SB. It seems deals in back rooms may be being done in NE. Why is open to rumour and conjecture but I expect Belichick to retire in 2018 rumours to generate as many articles as Deflate-Gate
Old 07.02.2018, 10:27 AM
All Pro

Belichick will retire as soon as the Pats hit a downhill run, he will not want to see his legacy of greatness tarnished by staying too long. Love him or hate him he is one of the finest HC's ever.
The Colts have been shafted by an amoral slime bag of a coordinator but don't for a minute think this will stop another team recruiting him in the future if they think he is a good fit. This is the NFL we are talking about, honesty, integrity, morals and good character mean nothing.
Belichicks almost non existent stay at the Jets did not harm his career.
The next Indy HC is in an interesting position, they know they are not the first choice (possibly not even the 4th or 5th choice) and they are going to be given their assistants who they have had no say in the selection of, if they go on to be successful, great. If the Colts struggle the HC play the "not my fault " card.
Before everyone feels too sorry for the Colts, like any other team if the boot was on the other foot and the owner or GM decided they did not like their new HC he would be out at the drop of a hat.
Old 07.02.2018, 10:42 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
The Colts have been shafted by an amoral slime bag of a coordinator but don't for a minute think this will stop another team recruiting him in the future if they think he is a good fit. This is the NFL we are talking about, honesty, integrity, morals and good character mean nothing.
I'm not so sure. There's only 32 of these positions and it is the pinnacle for any Football Coach. To give back word shows a lack of respect to the owner, franchise & city but also to all those that strive to be in a position like McDaniels

Word gets around in the NFL. He stiffed in Denver, moderate job in St Louis and by some accounts a difficult individual.

Plus Irsay is bound to say something about the situation. Owners like him don't like humiliation and he will want to put a few things straight I'm sure
Old 07.02.2018, 11:23 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
moderate job in St Louis
Moderate? His year in St. Louis remains one of the worst jobs of coaching a team I've ever seen, and I've seen some awful coaching .
Old 07.02.2018, 12:24 PM
Team Captain

I'm obviously not exactly thrilled with the hole this leaves the Colts in but I can't say I'm disappointed McDaniels won't be the next head coach because I'm not. This isn't sour grapes, I didn't want them to pursue him in the first place. What a mess.
Old 07.02.2018, 12:45 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsfan93 View Post
I'm obviously not exactly thrilled with the hole this leaves the Colts in but I can't say I'm disappointed McDaniels won't be the next head coach because I'm not. This isn't sour grapes, I didn't want them to pursue him in the first place. What a mess.
Toub or given their work with Wentz/Foles, Defillipo & Reich would be solid appointments
Old 07.02.2018, 02:06 PM
All Pro

I have to say I agree with the earlier post about this being unlikely to severely hamper McDaniels's future HC prospects. Not only does the NFL forgive and forget fairly sharpish if you can be worthwhile to them, there are also a heck of a lot of former Pats personel staff in GM jobs around the league, and soon to be more (Caserio for example) - who would all take him you'd think.
Old 07.02.2018, 02:09 PM
All Pro

So who would be the new favourite for the Colts job?
Old 07.02.2018, 02:20 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martz View Post
So who would be the new favourite for the Colts job?
Gotta be Dave Toub.

I would like Frank Reich.
Old 07.02.2018, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Greg Schiano has turned down a role with the Patriots to stay with Ohio State...