2019 season (continuing to update) - Page 123 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 04.05.2019, 08:33 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
only saw Brown play at left tackle last year but is he more suited at right tackle and also does that mean they way over-paid in free agency for Brown with where they will now play him.
The value attributed to LT and RT is a little archaic these days. Yes, in most cases the LT is still the blindside protector, but defences stack their best pass rushers over the RT more and more these days.

If you're a team who favours running off your right side too, then the value of a RT is even higher.
Old 05.05.2019, 04:11 PM
Hall of Fame

I wonder how long post-7th May it'll take for Ndamukong Suh to find a home?

The Colts look like a prime destination, if he fits in with what they want. Maybe the Brown's could be in play too?
Old 05.05.2019, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post

The Colts look like a prime destination, if he fits in with what they want. Maybe the Brown's could be in play too?
Some interesting names still out there, Jay Ajayi being one of them. Hoping the Jets can bring in someone like Stefen Wisniewski, maybe bring back Mo Claiborne too.
Old 05.05.2019, 05:22 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:

have the Colts/Browns got much invested in compensation picks at risk if they splash out now for Suh or others.if they wanted what's still left surely now is the time to buy before the likes of the Seahawks/Patriots/Ravens get back into the market.

on that note the Patriots Jared Veldheer in for a visit last week so maybe might be and add after Tuesday.

on Suh will he want a long term deal on maybe have to live with another 1 year prove it deal somewhere??
Old 05.05.2019, 06:10 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
have the Colts/Browns got much invested in compensation picks at risk if they splash out now for Suh or others.if they wanted what's still left surely now is the time to buy before the likes of the Seahawks/Patriots/Ravens get back into the market.

on that note the Patriots Jared Veldheer in for a visit last week so maybe might be and add after Tuesday.

on Suh will he want a long term deal on maybe have to live with another 1 year prove it deal somewhere??
Fair point, I don't think they lost anyone of note and they added the likes of Justin Houston. That said, players like Suh might want to wait for other teams to enter the fray after 7th May anyway, so it's not all down to what a team like the Colts want.

I think Suh would want a long term deal, but I doubt he gets it. A 1 year deal with a contender seems the most obvious outcome
Old 05.05.2019, 07:35 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Fair point, I don't think they lost anyone of note and they added the likes of Justin Houston. That said, players like Suh might want to wait for other teams to enter the fray after 7th May anyway, so it's not all down to what a team like the Colts want.

I think Suh would want a long term deal, but I doubt he gets it. A 1 year deal with a contender seems the most obvious outcome
think that's what Ziggy Ansah is waiting for as he has had visits to teams who would risk losing a 3rd/4th rounder if they signed him now but come Tuesday he may get a nice deal.
Old 05.05.2019, 08:04 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
think that's what Ziggy Ansah is waiting for as he has had visits to teams who would risk losing a 3rd/4th rounder if they signed him now but come Tuesday he may get a nice deal.
Not sure what the point of that rule is Tbh. I'm not sure who it's designed to help/benefit.
Old 06.05.2019, 04:47 PM
MVP

Raiders are working out Richie Incognito.
Old 06.05.2019, 04:56 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
aka dick unrecognised
Old 06.05.2019, 04:58 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
Every time I think we're making some progress