GamePass commentators - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Philadelphia Eagles

Old 31.08.2015, 05:15 PM
Team Captain

Default GamePass commentators

Well, that's three brilliant games down and so far, every presentation on GamePass has featured the opposition's commentators and consequently their take on the game. It means they have concentrated on the opposition's depth charts and how their rookies, free agents & draft picks are doing, to the exclusion of Eagles players who are also fighting for a place on the team.

What's wrong with our own TV network? Why does GamePass not show Eagles TV? This is even worse than having Troy Aikman commentating!
Old 31.08.2015, 05:56 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistimemaybe View Post
Well, that's three brilliant games down and so far, every presentation on GamePass has featured the opposition's commentators and consequently their take on the game. It means they have concentrated on the opposition's depth charts and how their rookies, free agents & draft picks are doing, to the exclusion of Eagles players who are also fighting for a place on the team.

What's wrong with our own TV network? Why does GamePass not show Eagles TV? This is even worse than having Troy Aikman commentating!
Depending on the game there are sometimes options to chose what audio you use between broadcast and each team, this is not always available though.
Old 31.08.2015, 06:53 PM
Team Captain

I'm new to GP, so I'm still finding my way round it, but I haven't seen any audio options for the three Iggles games in pre-season.

It's my only gripe with an otherwise brilliant service that's well worth the money.
Old 02.09.2015, 06:10 PM
All Pro

2 games were on the NFL Network, so the home commentators were on there thankfully. The Packers commentators weren't so bad, apart from not noting anything injury wise for the Eagles. It seems that one commentary team is used for pre-season games.
Old 04.09.2015, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

If you click the button in the bottom right which looks like a speech bubble when watching a live game you can switch the audio to the Eagles radio broadcast with Merril Reese
Old 06.09.2015, 11:41 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt55555 View Post
If you click the button in the bottom right which looks like a speech bubble when watching a live game you can switch the audio to the Eagles radio broadcast with Merril Reese
That's useful to know. So far, I've been watching the (advert free) games the following day, but there are times I'll be watching live games and will try that option.

Incidentally, the fourth game was done by Eagles TV and the commentators were unrelenting in their criticism of every player (or so it seemed). If they had their way, not one of these players would get a roster spot. Compare that to the Texans commentators in their last pre-season game, when they were supportive and encouraging in everything they said.

Maybe the Eagles commentators are just a sample of typical Philly fans.
Old 09.09.2015, 11:20 AM
Pro

As my fellow countryman Chris said above, if the game is being simulcast on NFLN you usually get the opposite of what'll be on the actual game stream.

I watched some of the games on GP and some on ETN to guarantee I had the Eagles commentary because I can understand your frustration - the other side will barely get a mention (which is understandable).

I for one can't wait for the commentary, and hope it's a repeat of the 2013 week 1 opener against the Redskins that was also on ESPN MNF. They were losing their minds at what they were seeing, a football revolution. Crazy to watch the highlights of that game now and try and actually find someone whose still on the team!