Lions tickets - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Detroit Lions

Old 21.01.2016, 11:36 PM
Pro Bowler

Default Lions tickets

Hi there,

New poster, but as this is quite specifically a Lions question thought I'd best post it here.

Having been over to Detroit and Michigan in November, I have adopted Lions as my NFL team. Obviously I didn't have the smarts to properly take an interest in NFL before going, and hence have missed the international series games in which the Lions have played the past two years. I've missed the chance to see the Lions live in the UK for now, but I should be heading back out to Detroit come October/November time, and seeing the Lions is something I will be looking to do. So, my question, would anyone know how easy is it to get tickets for games at Ford Field? Will I need to be buying months in advance, or can I afford to leave it until I arrive in Detroit?

Thanks very much for any responses.
Old 24.01.2016, 09:13 AM
All Pro

Lightbulb Lions tickets

You should be able to buy them on Ticketmaster pretty near the time or on StubHub - but that's a resale site and people add juice.

I would say being a Brit and the Lions not being a glamour team they would welcome interest from an overseas fan so you won't lose anything by contacting the organisation themselves directly and asking if they would help make your dream come true (lay it on thick). They may be willing to help you buy tickets for the one game you want (as your coming from abroad) - at least this way you will have piece of mind you got tickets sorted in advance of your trip and can pick them up at the Lions ticket office on the day of the game - keeps them safe.

I would start here: http://www.detroitlions.com/tickets/...e-tickets.html

Click on 'contact us' and try your luck.

Let us know how you fare.
Old 24.01.2016, 09:11 PM
Pro Bowler

Once the schedule is released, I'll be sure to give it a shot and contact Lions directly. Sure it'll be a dream come true when it comes round, might be a complete newbie, but NFL and Lions got me hooked already. Anyhow, thanks for the advice! I'll aim for either of our home games against Jacksonville or Tennessee, as I'm just guessing there might not be as much demand for them compared to our other home opponents next season.
Old 28.01.2016, 12:09 PM
Starter

I'm not jealous at all.
Old 29.01.2016, 01:16 AM
Pro Bowler

Haha, well I'm not counting my chickens just yet. Got to get a second job in order to fund my trip, and then there's getting the tickets - but nice to have something on the horizon to aim at.

Anyhow, I'm quite jealous of the UK Lions fans who got to see them in the International Series the past two years - if only I could've brought the Lions into my life sooner, then I would've been there. I'll just hope they might be a team to come back in 2017.
Old 27.09.2016, 05:41 PM
All Pro

Question Lions

@Latic - is it just me or have you quit on the Lions already as I see a Colts logo for you now....

So how did you fare regards tickets or does the change of helmet signfy your no longer intrested in going to Lions games (unless against your new team) and thus you shelved the idea of going to Ford Field this season?
Old 06.12.2016, 01:07 PM
Pro Bowler

I feel a little guilty. Circumstance changed, principally I've lost contact with people who had me over to Michigan in the first place, and it was pretty clear that I wouldn't be able to get over to Detroit for the foreseeable future (if ever honestly) unless they came back over for the IS games. That wasn't enough for me to ditch them straight off, but then I got tickets to the Andrew Luck fan night in July, went to the Colts v Jags game, and I may have accidentally found myself falling for the Colts. As a complete newbie to the NFL, it mattered quite a lot that I was able to see my team in the flesh from the off and have some memories attached to them. I couldn't imagine supporting my English football team having not seen them, so same principle.

So sorry to let you down bluelionman, I am however still happy to see the Lions doing particularly well this season and I hope you're enjoying the success!
Old 18.12.2016, 06:05 PM
MVP

Not worried about getting tickets but if anyone has any tips/advice for a trip to Detroit and Ford Field I would be grateful for the input. Planning a Steelers road trip to either Detroit or Chicago next season depending on how the schedule works out. We won't have a car - how important is that in Detroit? The stadium looks to be downtown at least.
Old 19.12.2016, 08:11 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Not worried about getting tickets but if anyone has any tips/advice for a trip to Detroit and Ford Field I would be grateful for the input. Planning a Steelers road trip to either Detroit or Chicago next season depending on how the schedule works out. We won't have a car - how important is that in Detroit? The stadium looks to be downtown at least.
bluelionman is your best bet for advice as he's been going to Detroit for quite a few years now. Not sure how often he visits this site these days so may be worth a PM
Old 11.01.2017, 04:10 PM
All Pro

Post Lions

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post

Hey EuropeanBob,

I've not been since 2012 and know since then they building a new Ice Hockey (Red Wings) arena right where I used to frequent but if your staying downtown your correct Ford Field is in the heart of downtown as is Comeria Park (The Tigers baseball ground) litterally next to Ford Field. Plenty of bars down town just need to explore - also there's the Detroit People Mover (DPM) for short that does a nearly 3 (2.94) mile loop of central downtown - it's a driverless train up on stilts with about 13 stops in a circle so you can take it and look out. It cost 50c when I was there (reading wikipedia it's now 75c - no tickets you just pay to enter a turn style at any station - exiting is free. So in effect each ride is 75c.

Getting to downtown - from Metro Airport when I was last there the bus only ran up to about 7pm but goes all the way to downtown for a $1.50 (again all my prices are 2012) so may be more now. However it goes all over the place - visits a mall and various neighbourhoods stopping loads so will take you about 1 3/4 - 2hrs on it. It's called a SMART bus number 125 and stops just outside international arrivals - really hard to find were it stops if you don't know where ya looking often best ask airport workers that commute to work. Other than that a cab to downtown I reckon be $50 plus tip. If your coming in from another city then both Mega Bus (Rosa Parks Terminus) and Greyhound (there own one a little further out) have separate terminus downtown. Amtrak is more Midtown area (further up Woodward Avenue) so would require a bus to downtown - it's a straight shoot so any Smart or DOT bus that says Downtown / Detroit on be fine just when I was there where the Amtrak puts you out opposite a white castle restaurant looks seedy and run down and looks horrid so at night can feel really how can I say - unnerving. I would call a cab from inside the station myself or these days maybe uber (didn't exist in 2012 I don't think). There's plenty of museums and most of them I have got to by bus from downtown - Greenfield Village (Ford Museum) and Motown Museum I defo have gotten to by busses from downtown in the past. Also been past the Detroit Museum of Art on busses plenty of times going up Woodward from Downtown so that one can be done to - just not being an art lover myself never visited. Also never taken it but there is a tunnel bus from downtown that goes under the river to Windsor (Canada) which is the city the opposite side of the Detroit river. If there's anything else you'd like to ask just post here and I can openly reply which might help others in future to.

EDIT:
Reading Wikipedia it seems since I was last there they have built like a ground metro tram line up Woodward to connect the DPM with the Amtrak station at New Centre (again sounds like a new Mall or such that didnt exists when I was there) so since I was there seems like it's much easier to get from the Amtrak train station in Midtown to downtown and vice versa plus sounds like it's been smartend up and not run down anymore like I remember which makes sense as the new Redwings arena and surronding regeneration is/was going on in the Cass Corridor which ws basiclly a run down wasteland/no mans land and bad neighbourhood (old Chinatown) between Downtown and Midtown and sounds like that's no longer the case. I'm looking forward to revisting but don't supprise me the low rent places and cheap rentals would of gone and now prices will sky rocket building condoes as it basiclly makes downtown all the way up to Midtown safe and modern now so basically Midtown and Downtown will be connected much more as Midtown was always where some nice districts always was and where Wayne State Universty is so student heavy. Now its seems they are linked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit_People_Mover

Last edited by bluelionman; 15.01.2017 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Adding in more info.