LA Chargers - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Old 19.12.2016, 06:35 PM
MVP

Seen some reports that the Chargers would go for a full rebrand (new name and unis) if they up sticks for LA. Understandable that they would go for a complete clean sweep but would still be a sad day.
Old 19.12.2016, 06:38 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
Seen some reports that the Chargers would go for a full rebrand (new name and unis) if they up sticks for LA. Understandable that they would go for a complete clean sweep but would still be a sad day.
I'll be sick to my stomach if they move, the thought of it upsets me but after alot of thought I will still support the LA Chargers

However if they have a total rebrand?

I'm out
Old 19.12.2016, 08:20 PM
All Pro

I hope they do, if only so that it's easier for me to disassociate with them entirely.

I have zero interest in watching or following any football team playing in L.A.. If they're not 'L.A. Chargers' then that will just help negate any slight lingering temptation there might have been.
Old 20.12.2016, 01:27 PM
MVP

I'll be very sad if they move. LA doesn't need two teams and while I wasn't that bothered about the Rams leaving St Louis, this one just feels wrong...
Old 21.12.2016, 11:07 AM
All Pro

It's hard to see it not happening right now; it will be a bitter blow to Spanos, having to take a lease or partnership from Kronke after the situation last year. But the whole situation feels rather like a divorce.

I'd much prefer they do entire rebrand (beyond just making the bolts blue again), and suspend the Chargers legacy and records to be picked up by some future return of the franchise to SD.
Old 12.01.2017, 12:46 PM
Starter

30 year Fan of San Diego Chargers - I've family there which the sole reason they are my team - My first Chargers game was Giants/Chargers in 1989 (they lost, setting up a recurring pattern).

I'm torn now, would I support the LA Chargers? Maybe - they are still the "local" team after all, and I won't support the Rams.
I guess the acid test would ultimately be next year (2018) when they play the inevitable London game.
Old 12.01.2017, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Well, this sucks. Commiserations everybody...
Old 12.01.2017, 07:49 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLegend View Post
I'll be sick to my stomach if they move, the thought of it upsets me but after alot of thought I will still support the LA Chargers

However if they have a total rebrand?

I'm out
That might just happen according to PFT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ebrand-in-l-a/
Old 12.01.2017, 08:05 PM
MVP

I've changed my stance. I'm not sure I can still follow the LA Chargers. Need some time to digest this and think it over
Old 12.01.2017, 10:02 PM
Hall of Fame

In a league that is swimming in money it's strange, and very sad, that they couldn't find a financial solution to keep the Chargers in San Diego. 50+ years, 'lost' in an instant. Can't help but think there must have been a cheaper alternative to keep the Chargers in San Diego than the $1.8bn development that was proposed. $1.8bn? That seems a bit extreme.

Can't see L.A. being a roaring success for the Chargers either. Admittedly, with the Rams struggles, it's an ideal time to go to L.A. and try to be top dog. Who knows, if the Chargers can have some success (difficult in the AFC West) then things might turn out ok.