New Logo, New Font - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Detroit Lions

Old 01.02.2017, 08:57 AM
Pro Bowler

Default New Logo, New Font

Lions website showing new coloured logo and new font! No more black!
Old 01.02.2017, 08:33 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanali View Post
Lions website showing new coloured logo and new font! No more black!
Was anticipating something like this after seeing all the Lions gear in the shop for sale The minor changes to the logo mean all those T-shirts I bought are still good value
Uniform change anticipated in April and they are also releasing a new throwback jersey for the 2017 season. Still some confusion on the colour rush uniform with some reports saying we will be wearing the black one sold (but not worn by team) this season and others saying we will have a newly designed one (apparently NFL want us in all silver )
Old 09.02.2017, 03:19 PM
MVP

As a bit of Jersey collector I should love the idea of a new jersey but I don't I hate it! ha. I like your old ones.

If the logo change is anything to go by itll be a minimal change!

Changing the logo after only what 8 years?? that also seems a bit soon!

Blue and Silver looks cool though and as Willy says to be honest its so close to the old one that T-shirts and Caps etc are hardly going to look outdated.

A completely silver jersey sounds interesting.
Old 10.02.2017, 02:57 PM
Pro Bowler

I can see them having a brushed steel or even chrome helmet. Losing the black makes a lot a people happy as it is virtually the last trace of Matt Millen erased (It was his idea to add black).
Old 10.02.2017, 10:36 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanali View Post
I can see them having a brushed steel or even chrome helmet. Losing the black makes a lot a people happy as it is virtually the last trace of Matt Millen erased (It was his idea to add black).
Chrome helmet would be cool especially accompanied by silver effect uni with Honolulu Blue trim
Old 20.02.2017, 08:13 PM
All Pro

Seems new uni reveal is scheduled for April

Not much being given away outside of the teams colours being Silver & Honolulu Blue with no black on any of the branding. This is encouraging for those of us hoping for a Chrome helmet (stop making your own jokes) and an all silver colour rush uni (there will be a new colour rush design).

Nike have received quite a lot of flack for the hit & miss nature of what they've done so far to various teams around the league. I'm hoping they find a way of innovating while reenforcing the traditional look of the Lions (we are one of the longer establish franchises after all).