Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 17.02.2017, 07:59 PM
All Pro

Default Revis

Here we we go with the off season
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ed-altercation
Old 17.02.2017, 08:08 PM
Rookie

When I seen Revis is accused of aggravated assault and robbery I was VERY shocked! Revis, this is good character guy man.

Well, doesn't look too bad for him. In this case, it appears the athlete wasn't the dick head. Actually sounds like he was being harassed, stood up for himself.. man I hat paparazzi I think they are complete scum. Actual human parasites. Now I understand these were not paparazzi but what were they doing? Playing paparazzi. People do that a lot, it's just as bad.
Old 17.02.2017, 10:51 PM
MVP

E Carson St in Pittsburgh. That's one of the major drinking streets in the city, on the South Side. It was 2:43am. As the guy on The Terrible Podcast always says every time a Steelers player gets in trouble, "nothing good happens after midnight"
Old 18.02.2017, 06:22 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
E Carson St in Pittsburgh. That's one of the major drinking streets in the city, on the South Side. It was 2:43am. As the guy on The Terrible Podcast always says every time a Steelers player gets in trouble, "nothing good happens after midnight"
And I though Broad Street in Brum was bad...
Old 18.02.2017, 06:34 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyNation View Post
When I seen Revis is accused of aggravated assault and robbery I was VERY shocked! Revis, this is good character guy man.

Well, doesn't look too bad for him. In this case, it appears the athlete wasn't the dick head. Actually sounds like he was being harassed, stood up for himself.. man I hat paparazzi I think they are complete scum. Actual human parasites. Now I understand these were not paparazzi but what were they doing? Playing paparazzi. People do that a lot, it's just as bad.
these kids seemed to see a famous athlete and decided to get a video with him,surely a veteran like Revis could have handled it better than eventually grabbing the phone and escalating something that probably happens every day into a mass punch up on a busy street.surely he could have just smiled a bit said some nice things then asked them to stop.
Old 18.02.2017, 09:50 PM
MVP

Admittedly I'm not much of one for bars or pubs, but I don't get why these guys put themselves in that kind of situation. They are high profile multi-millionaires. Revis is 31 with two kids. What is he doing walking down East Carson Street at 2:43am? I've been down East Carson Street and (1) it's really nothing special as far as going out is concerned, particularly for a guy who plays for New York and has Manhattan's most glamorous spots on his doorstep, and (2) I most certainly wouldn't be on E Carson St at 2:43am. And I'm neither famous nor a multi-millionaire. Seriously, is any bar really that good that you need to put yourself in that situation? If I were Revis I'd build my own bar in my own back yard, which I'd wager is massive, and invite all my friends round.

It's a bit like JPP and the fireworks. Other rich people host a fireworks display and pay trained professionals to handle the explosives. NFL players mess around with fireworks themselves.
Old 18.02.2017, 10:08 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Admittedly I'm not much of one for bars or pubs, but I don't get why these guys put themselves in that kind of situation. They are high profile multi-millionaires. Revis is 31 with two kids. What is he doing walking down East Carson Street at 2:43am? I've been down East Carson Street and (1) it's really nothing special as far as going out is concerned, particularly for a guy who plays for New York and has Manhattan's most glamorous spots on his doorstep, and (2) I most certainly wouldn't be on E Carson St at 2:43am. And I'm neither famous nor a multi-millionaire. Seriously, is any bar really that good that you need to put yourself in that situation? If I were Revis I'd build my own bar in my own back yard, which I'd wager is massive, and invite all my friends round.

It's a bit like JPP and the fireworks. Other rich people host a fireworks display and pay trained professionals to handle the explosives. NFL players mess around with fireworks themselves.
I guess it's an urge to be 'normal' once in a while. Revisit his younger years etc. It's niave on his part, but I think it's hard to blame him for wanting that.

Sadly, he cant expect not to attract attention. He put himself in a situation that's hard to control. Throw alcohol into the mix and it's more than likely things will go south at some point or another.

I cant help but feel things have got exaggerated, sensationalised or embellished by the media though (what's new there!). We don't have a clear idea of what actually happened though so it's tough to criticise or defend Revis to any extent.
Old 18.02.2017, 10:23 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Admittedly I'm not much of one for bars or pubs, but I don't get why these guys put themselves in that kind of situation. They are high profile multi-millionaires. Revis is 31 with two kids. What is he doing walking down East Carson Street at 2:43am?
the story thats going around is that there is some real estate developement in that area that Revis is involved in and wanted to check out how it was going but wanted to keep the visit quietish.
Old 18.02.2017, 10:29 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
the story thats going around is that there is some real estate developement in that area that Revis is involved in and wanted to check out how it was going but wanted to keep the visit quietish.
Sounds like nonsense to me. That street is the street you go to if you are barhopping in Pittsburgh. I've walked down it on a Saturday morning and it is dead. If you want to keep a visit there low key you show up 10am in the morning not 2:43am.
Old 20.02.2017, 11:56 AM
Hall of Fame

TMZ have put some of the video online and there is a voice talking about just knocking two guys out and threatening a by stander.they report officials think its Revis's voice.