Week 17. Dolphins @ Bills. - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Old 30.12.2018, 08:33 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
He knew what he was doing, the sly so and so. As tough as it is to hold back sometimes, and admittedly slow mo's don't help his case either, he might have been able to avoid making any kind of contact at all tbh.

He doesn't have the best track record with these kind of things either.

i think people guess way too much on intent when its impossible to know.

Allen does run well so its hard to now if his gonna slide.

he plays hard but the hit they showed on Luck was weak and if i recall the one on Flacco he it was a late slide.

the game is played at full speed and if you let up you get made to look a fool but the other way you become a dirty player.
Old 30.12.2018, 08:39 PM
GOAT

Allen could of slide at any point on that run for a TD, a man comes up and he beats him but maybe that guy was worried about a slide, it becomes a tad silly.
Old 30.12.2018, 10:01 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
not sure that should really count, he came in at speed and manages to avoid the hit but gets thrown out for that sort of contact.
With Alonso's history, I'm not inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. He is the new Burfict
Old 30.12.2018, 10:15 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
With Alonso's history, I'm not inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. He is the new Burfict

but thats a flaw as with Burfict people would also oversell the things he did and reason reason and logic.

the one thing i recall that he did tat was dodgy was the Newton knee twist, others seemed to be football plays that got twisted to fit a narrative.

if Alonso head/shoulders had made contact, i would of at least seen why they opted for the ejection.
Old 31.12.2018, 06:47 AM
All Pro

Quote:
but thats a flaw as with Burfict people would also oversell the things he did and reason reason and logic.

the one thing i recall that he did tat was dodgy was the Newton knee twist, others seemed to be football plays that got twisted to fit a narrative.

if Alonso head/shoulders had made contact, i would of at least seen why they opted for the ejection.
Alonso easily could have avoided hitting Allen altogether. The fact he didn't hit him with his his head/shoulder carries no benefit. You don't hit a QB on the ground if you can avoid it.
Old 31.12.2018, 12:20 PM
All Pro

It's all irrelevant anyway. He was going to get chucked out the game automatically. He got flagged earlier in the game for an unsportsmanlike penalty for a late hit on the QB as well.

Whether he got thrown for the 2nd offence alone, or automatically for 2 offences in 1 game it doesn't really matter
Old 01.01.2019, 01:12 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Alonso easily could have avoided hitting Allen altogether. The fact he didn't hit him with his his head/shoulder carries no benefit. You don't hit a QB on the ground if you can avoid it.

i'm not sure how he could of easily done it, they go to the ground at about the same time and its a fast game.

a slide should really happen early and Allen has showed he will try and beat a defender.

so i'm not sure what people expect from defenders, apart from branding them as dirty.
Old 01.01.2019, 07:26 AM
All Pro

Quote:
i'm not sure how he could of easily done it, they go to the ground at about the same time and its a fast game.

a slide should really happen early and Allen has showed he will try and beat a defender.

so i'm not sure what people expect from defenders, apart from branding them as dirty.
He had plenty of time to miss Allen. A simple watch of the replay shows that.

What do I expect from defenders? To not late hit QBs.

Alonso is a dirty player, anyone who watches him on a regular basis sees that
Old 01.01.2019, 08:19 AM
GOAT

Quote:
He had plenty of time to miss Allen. A simple watch of the replay shows that.

What do I expect from defenders? To not late hit QBs.

Alonso is a dirty player, anyone who watches him on a regular basis sees that

i'm not sure how you can call it plenty of time, both players are running at each other at speed and theres barely a gap between the slide and Alonso committing. and he doesnt smash him helmet to helmet, he avoids it.

its not like he was in the pocket and its 3 steps after a throw and crown of the helmet to the head.
at that point Allen is a runner and needs to be treated as such.
its not even like he slides all the time. theres also the ones when the QB is going to the sideline and you see defenders pull up and the QB steal another 5 yards or so. but the then next time just as he steps out he gets hit and its a flag.

safety is important but theres also taking pee a tad by sliding late and then being willing to take on guys but try and gain an extra protection.

defenders arent psychic, when they dont play at full speed they can look pretty stupid.

i still feel people are way too quick to label players as dirty and then use it as a stick to beat them with. players have to dish out hits, its at a fast pace and needs a sort of singled mindedness to commit to it.
Old 01.01.2019, 05:16 PM
All Pro

Quote:
i still feel people are way too quick to label players as dirty .
Too quick?

I would have called Alonso a dirty player when he played for the Bills.....

.....half a decade ago