NFLUK 2019 7 round Mock Draft-Discussion thread - Page 11 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 20.03.2019, 04:17 PM
All Pro

In real life, I think DK Metcalf is in play at 1. If the Cardinals think he is a transcendent talent, like Megatron, I can see them going that way.
Old 20.03.2019, 04:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
In real life, I think DK Metcalf is in play at 1. If the Cardinals think he is a transcendent talent, like Megatron, I can see them going that way.
If, IF, the Cardinals see him as Megatron II, it would send the world into meltdown if they took him at 1.
Old 20.03.2019, 04:31 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
If, IF, the Cardinals see him as Megatron II, it would send the world into meltdown if they took him at 1.

needs a bigger if

i suppose if they want Murray the question is do they tip there hand before the big night by moving Rosen on or do they risk picking him and then trading Rosen.

if not i really dont get this concept of teasing they like him to trade the pick, it makes no sense because what team is gonna fall for the we really think this is the next big QB but sure we will give him up line.
Old 20.03.2019, 04:32 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
Does anyone really think that highly of Metcalf though? I get that he has some physical attributes that make him stand out in shorts at the combine, but his agility drill testing was embarrassing for someone whose main selling point is they are bigger and quicker than everyone else. Not to mention the fact he wasn't even the best WR on his college team.

I get the upside, but I can just as likely see him become another Stephen Hill/Darius Heyward-Bey type. When you're betting on a projection like that it's not worth the #1 pick. Like Lester says with that pick you want someone who's as surefire as it comes or a shot at a franchise QB.
Old 20.03.2019, 04:36 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
needs a bigger if

i suppose if they want Murray the question is do they tip there hand before the big night by moving Rosen on or do they risk picking him and then trading Rosen.

if not i really dont get this concept of teasing they like him to trade the pick, it makes no sense because what team is gonna fall for the we really think this is the next big QB but sure we will give him up line.
I think they would be best served holding on to Rosen until they've picked Murray. You would think the value would be in trading Rosen first, but teams will know one way or another that the Cardinals need to move Rosen. At least if the clock is ticking during the draft, and options are coming off the board, the Cards might get decent value.
Old 20.03.2019, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

AJ Brown will have a more successful NFL career than his Ole Miss buddy Metcalf imo.
Old 20.03.2019, 04:43 PM
GOAT

Quote:
I think they would be best served holding on to Rosen until they've picked Murray. You would think the value would be in trading Rosen first, but teams will know one way or another that the Cardinals need to move Rosen. At least if the clock is ticking during the draft, and options are coming off the board, the Cards might get decent value.

its really hard to say cos we dont know who values him.

if its us then thats not long to wait and although i wouldnt move up for a QB our GM lacks brains so might do and that makes the clock shorter.

as i dont think a team is willing to give up a first (at least one in the teens or higher, as they would of probably moved him for that) and i doubt it would change on the day.

the rumours of a 3rd being the market seem too low.

i would probably give our 2nd up but maybe we could get some change for that.

they might be using the comments from the coach as a smokescreen but there is no doubt he likes the guy and i wish we could see those discussions on backing the coach or the GM sticking to his pick.
Old 20.03.2019, 04:52 PM
MVP

Quote:
Cards might not get true value for Rosen either way. If they pick Murray while they still have Rosen, then teams will know that the Cards will likely have to shift Rosen so his trade value may not be as high.
But then if they want to shift Rosen before the draft, that will tip everyone off that Murray is the pick, so they will say "Why should we give you what you are asking for when you are getting rid anyway?". Always the option of keeping Rosen and drafting Murray, after all it doesn't cost them much for Rosen's remaining rookie contract, and if Murray flames out they can always put Rosen back in.
Old 20.03.2019, 04:59 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
Cards might not get true value for Rosen either way. If they pick Murray while they still have Rosen, then teams will know that the Cards will likely have to shift Rosen so his trade value may not be as high.
But then if they want to shift Rosen before the draft, that will tip everyone off that Murray is the pick, so they will say "Why should we give you what you are asking for when you are getting rid anyway?". Always the option of keeping Rosen and drafting Murray, after all it doesn't cost them much for Rosen's remaining rookie contract, and if Murray flames out they can always put Rosen back in.

i guess the argument would then be how happy would Rosen be with that.

being the QB in waiting is one thing having a rookie come in and likely without a competition for the spot is another, it could cause unneeded tension.

also might the asset diminish further, last year was far from stellar (not all on him,) then you are moving on from him and he clipboards it.
Old 20.03.2019, 05:10 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Honestly, I think he is a serious possibility. There are plenty of people out there who think he is true top end WR1 and those are rarer than top end edge rushers like Bosa.

If you thought he was the next Antonio Brown / Odell Beckham, I think you would consider him at 1