The Honolulu Silver and Blue thread - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Detroit Lions

Old 12.02.2005, 10:50 PM
All Pro

Default The Honolulu Silver and Blue thread

Good god this thread will plummet down the board :

So, what you guys think we should be looking at for the off-season?

We have a gaping hole at SS, as well at the terminal problems at OG. These are the positions that need to be filled, no excuses.

As for a pass-rushing DE and/or a play-making TE, these are nice luxuries we could go for, maybe in the first round of the draft.

Other than that, I think we're set. If Average Joe comes close to breaking-out, and our playmakers on offense stay fit, we could go 10-6...
Old 12.02.2005, 10:55 PM
All Pro

Default Re:The 'ROAARRRRRRR' thread - Talk about the 'Silver and Blue' here.....*cou

Is 10-6 all that likely?
Old 12.02.2005, 10:57 PM
All Pro

Default Re:The 'ROAARRRRRRR' thread - Talk about the 'Silver and Blue' here.....*cou

i think it is in that division.

Nearly everybody has a chance in it especially the way green bay are going and if randy moss leaves the vikings.

I think the lions could go 10-6 with a bit of luck and a good off season. HArrington is going to need to improve and i think i would sign kurt warner and let them fight it out in training camp like what the redskins did this year
Old 12.02.2005, 11:26 PM
All Pro

If the Lions do pull off another clunker season, do you think Mooch's job will be in jeopardy?
Old 12.02.2005, 11:26 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Hail Mary link=board=1;threadid=8359;start=0#msg172742 date=1108248927]
Is 10-6 all that likely?
[/quote]

Defense:

- A line with Sean Rogers, Dan Wilkinson, James Hall, and maybe a first round draft pick.

- One of the best young linebacker corps in the league, with Boss bailey, Teddy Lehman being led by the impressive Earl Holmes

- Fernando Bryant and Dre Bly on corner, with many young stockpile draft CB's down the depth chart. Also, with the addition of safety reinforcements, we'll have a decent secondary.

Offense:

- Hopefully Joey Harrington will improve to NFL starter level.

- Kevin Jones will continue to run multiple 100 yard games

- A combination of top 6-drafted Roy Williams and Charles Rogers at WR, with AZ Hakim in the slot. Hopefully with a playmaker installed at TE

- A line with book-end high-drafted OT's of Backus and McDougle. With Damian Woody, Domonic Raiola and some FA OG in the centre.

Sounds good enough to win the NFC North to me... Although the Viking's cap situation is worrying..
Old 12.02.2005, 11:46 PM
All Pro

Sounds good on paper, but isn't it essentially the same team as last season? Sorry, haven't seen anything of the Lions at all.
Old 12.02.2005, 11:48 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Kyriakin link=board=1;threadid=8359;start=0#msg172760 date=1108250816]
[quote author=Hail Mary link=board=1;threadid=8359;start=0#msg172742 date=1108248927]
Is 10-6 all that likely?
[/quote]

Defense:

- A line with Sean Rogers, Dan Wilkinson, James Hall, and maybe a first round draft pick.

- One of the best young linebacker corps in the league, with Boss bailey, Teddy Lehman being led by the impressive Earl Holmes

- Fernando Bryant and Dre Bly on corner, with many young stockpile draft CB's down the depth chart. Also, with the addition of safety reinforcements, we'll have a decent secondary.

Offense:

- Hopefully Joey Harrington will improve to NFL starter level.

- Kevin Jones will continue to run multiple 100 yard games

- A combination of top 6-drafted Roy Williams and Charles Rogers at WR, with AZ Hakim in the slot. Hopefully with a playmaker installed at TE

- A line with book-end high-drafted OT's of Backus and McDougle. With Damian Woody, Domonic Raiola and some FA OG in the centre.

Sounds good enough to win the NFC North to me... Although the Viking's cap situation is worrying..
[/quote]

i wouldn't worry too much about that. Big Red is wanting to sell the club and he won't want to give out big signing on fees if he wants to get rid of the club.

Id start to worry if the club gets sold soon
Old 13.02.2005, 12:16 AM
All Pro

The Lions rule! They (along with the Ravens) are my second team in the NFL because I took charge of them on Madden 2005.

They have a quality team. They're just young and will hopefully break out next year.
I was a huge fan of Harrington when he was in college so I've followed his progress since he's been in the pro's. Not as good as I hoped but there's promise there.
I love Teddy Lehman aswell. Thought he should have been a first rounder in last year's draft.

A word of advice - trade for Terrell Suggs. I did on Madden and changed his position from OLB to DE. He got 36 sacks in his first season playing next to Shaun Rogers.

Come on Lions, 2005 NFC North champions (maybe, I hope). If Charles Rogers stays fit it will make them genuine contenders for the division title.
Old 13.02.2005, 12:37 AM
Team Captain

Hey K!!

There being only 3 Lions fans on this board, I'm expecting to see somemore come the play-offs, join up now you future bandwagoners

I would like to see Warner brought in for 1 year at least. Give Joey some veteran tutorship which he hasn't had, and Warner did great at NY. However, thinking about it, it's wouldn't be high on the priorityl. Joey showed improvement during the season, better reads, less picks, more TD passes, & over 3000 yards. That game where he had 4 for 29 (or smething) was an abberation.

1st priority should be a a guard. Give Joey a little more protection and more time to pick his receiver. Then I think maybe a SS one who can help double up and give support to the corners. After that a DE is a must, I think Edwards is still an injury risk. Anything else is a little over-kill!! The D actually doesn't need that much work when you look at how they played during the latter half of the season

Anyway, last season, with the exception of a few, our losses were within 7 points. We as a franchise showed huge improvement. The 2nd game against the Vikes, they were lucky the game didn't go into OT. If Rogers stays healthy this time round the Lions are gonna be major contenders. A very strong ground game in Jones, and an improving air game...

Anyway still got the off season where anything can happen, who knows how Mooch is gonna improve the team then. People should put money down on the Lions being the first team to reach a Superbowl being played in their own stadium
Old 13.02.2005, 12:41 AM
Team Captain

[quote author=Who-Dey link=board=1;threadid=8359;start=0#msg172759 date=1108250808]
If the Lions do pull off another clunker season, do you think Mooch's job will be in jeopardy?
[/quote]

Last season was an improvement on the last. Had a great start, but then slowed in the middle and didn't pick up until it was too late. Anyway Mooch has layed the foundations for a great team. The first bricks went down and now he's putting more on