The Honolulu Silver and Blue thread - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Detroit Lions

Old 13.02.2005, 02:42 PM
MVP

Default Re:The 'ROAARRRRRRR' thread - Talk about the 'Silver and Blue' here.....*cou

[quote author=BioCore link=board=1;threadid=8359;start=0#msg172744 date=1108249063]
i think it is in that division.

Nearly everybody has a chance in it especially the way green bay are going and if randy moss leaves the vikings.
I think the lions could go 10-6 with a bit of luck and a good off season. HArrington is going to need to improve and i think i would sign kurt warner and let them fight it out in training camp like what the redskins did this year
[/quote]

why...the vikes will only get rid of Moss if they see it as upgrading the team as a whole..the D would only get better if that was the case,the OL will start healthier etc.....the Lions just dont have the talent to match the Vikes I am afraid...and what with the probable sale of the Vikes, that cap room will probably get eaten into.

The division will be again between the Vikes and the Packers
Old 14.02.2005, 07:49 PM
Team Captain

Default Re:The 'ROAARRRRRRR' thread - Talk about the 'Silver and Blue' here.....*cou

[quote author=Swervedriver link=board=1;threadid=8359;start=0#msg172936 date=1108305738]
[quote author=BioCore link=board=1;threadid=8359;start=0#msg172744 date=1108249063]

Nearly everybody has a chance in it especially the way green bay are going and if randy moss leaves the vikings.
I think the lions could go 10-6 with a bit of luck and a good off season. HArrington is going to need to improve and i think i would sign kurt warner and let them fight it out in training camp like what the redskins did this year
[/quote]

why...the vikes will only get rid of Moss if they see it as upgrading the team as a whole..the D would only get better if that was the case,the OL will start healthier etc.....the Lions just dont have the talent to match the Vikes I am afraid...and what with the probable sale of the Vikes, that cap room will probably get eaten into.

[/quote]

I have to disagree with you swervy and not just cause I'm a lions fan! While you have players at certain positions who outshines ours (Culpepper being the only example I can truely think of), you couldn't beat us by more than a FG.

Next season, our rookies will be 2nd year players - less mistakes, better reading, better team
Old 14.02.2005, 07:54 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Kyriakin link=board=1;threadid=8359;start=0#msg172760 date=1108250816]
some FA OG[/quote]

Is you cap sitaution decent? If so you could do a lot worse than pursuing Mike Wahle if he's cut by the Pack. You get probably the best downfield run blocker in the game (amongst linemen) and and elite player in every other necessary discipline. He could make K Jones more effective immediately, not that he's not already effective!

I do talk about Mike Wahle a lot don't I?
Old 14.02.2005, 08:14 PM
MVP

[quote author=UKLion23 link=board=1;threadid=8359;start=0#msg173691 date=1108410572]
[quote author=Swervedriver link=board=1;threadid=8359;start=0#msg172936 date=1108305738]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have to disagree with you swervy and not just cause I'm a lions fan! While you have players at certain positions who outshines ours (Culpepper being the only example I can truely think of), you couldn't beat us by more than a FG.

Next season, our rookies will be 2nd year players - less mistakes, better reading, better team
[/quote]

what..and I guess our young players dont learn with experience then.

If DC is the only player you can think of that the Vikes have that is better than the Lions players...well take a gander at the WR's,TE's,RB's etc...and this year we get our starting tackle and tight end back from injury.

If all goes well with the sale,and the cap room is exploited (it doesnt even need to be fully used to be honest),and some suspected trades occur (no not Moss, but Bennett),the D will get better.Lets face it the Vikes may have a dodgy D, but the Lions D isnt much better,and the Lions O doesnt compare, its like a different ball game when it comes to that

The Lions have some way to go to get close talent wise...of course you guys may have a brilliant off season,and then you would have been right all a long ;D
Old 14.02.2005, 08:27 PM
Team Captain

True your TE is better than ours, but Williams is evry bit the playmaker as Moss. I would say at the moment your O is better than ours cause a Culpepper myself.

Anyway, I didn't realise that you guys got a new owner. I would imagine that with the movement that should be made, you got a good chance a being in Detroit next year. Wouldn't it be funny if the new owner was/is a Cards fan being from Arizona and all
Old 14.02.2005, 08:29 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Your youngsters will learn with experience yes.

But it's pretty widely known that we've been stockpiling very high 1st rounders for many years now, due to the fact that for the entire of this millenium, we have been, well crap.

Given our inabilty to get more than 6 wins in a season, for God ages, there is no excuse for us not to have the best group of young players in the NFL. Especially, given the fact that we are fairly strong in drafts.

I can't help but feel that people write us off because "we're the Lions", rather than anything to do with the current team..
Old 14.02.2005, 08:32 PM
MVP

[quote author=UKLion23 link=board=1;threadid=8359;start=0#msg173717 date=1108412871]
True your TE is better than ours, but Williams is evry bit the playmaker as Moss. I would say at the moment your O is better than ours cause a Culpepper myself.

Anyway, I didn't realise that you guys got a new owner. I would imagine that with the movement that should be made, you got a good chance a being in Detroit next year. Wouldn't it be funny if the new owner was/is a Cards fan being from Arizona and all[/quote]

hehehehe..I can appreciate the irony in that ;D

Williams vs Moss: erm....at the moment a healthy Moss would blow Williams off the field..and then we also have decent depth at WR as well.

RBs?????Our problem is that we have TOO MANY good RB's..thats why trading Bennett will add more stability..remember before Bennett and Smith came back from injury/suspension, our 4th stringer Moore was a contender for some for rookie of the year
Old 14.02.2005, 08:33 PM
MVP

[quote author=Kyriakin link=board=1;threadid=8359;start=15#msg173722 date=1108412951]
Quote:
Your youngsters will learn with experience yes.

But it's pretty widely known that we've been stockpiling very high 1st rounders for many years now, due to the fact that for the entire of this millenium, we have been, well crap.

Given our inabilty to get more than 6 wins in a season, for God ages, there is no excuse for us not to have the best group of young players in the NFL. Especially, given the fact that we are fairly strong in drafts.

I can't help but feel that people write us off because "we're the Lions", rather than anything to do with the current team..
[/quote]

I dont think so..I think 'people' can see glaring holes in the team
Old 14.02.2005, 08:36 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Swervedriver link=board=1;threadid=8359;start=15#msg173727 date=1108413164]
[quote author=UKLion23 link=board=1;threadid=8359;start=0#msg173717 date=1108412871]

Anyway, I didn't realise that you guys got a new owner. I would imagine that with the movement that should be made, you got a good chance a being in Detroit next year. Wouldn't it be funny if the new owner was/is a Cards fan being from Arizona and all[/quote]

Williams vs Moss: erm....at the moment a healthy Moss would blow Williams off the field..and then we also have decent depth at WR as well.

RBs?????Our problem is that we have TOO MANY good RB's..thats why trading Bennett will add more stability..remember before Bennett and Smith came back from injury/suspension, our 4th stringer Moore was a contender for some for rookie of the year
[/quote]

KJ >>>>>>>> any Vikings RB
Old 14.02.2005, 08:39 PM
MVP

[quote author=Kyriakin link=board=1;threadid=8359;start=15#msg173734 date=1108413395]
[quote author=Swervedriver link=board=1;threadid=8359;start=15#msg173727 date=1108413164]

[/quote]

KJ >>>>>>>> any Vikings RB
[/quote]

strange..coz despite us abandoning our running game for much of the season, we still ran for more yardage,at a much higher average per run, with a totally knackered in OL