The Redskins Thread - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Washington Redskins

Old 15.03.2005, 07:47 PM
All Pro

Default Re:The Redskins Thread

Brunell! >

Biggest mistake in the whole of FA last year and his contract is too big to cut him for a year or two.

I was very disappointed with how it turned out. Some people seemed to know he was past it - I would have expected JG to be one of them. Gibbs is trying to insist that Brunell still has a role to play but that's just trying to hide the biggest mistake of his career.
Old 15.03.2005, 08:39 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Chicago link=board=1;threadid=9195;start=0#msg188885 date=1110911737]
Smoot? Are we talking about the same guy who's consistently missed tackles and been neutralized in the blitz packages? A guy who declared he'd get his money back that he felt slighted when he went in the 2nd round a few years ago? A guy who isn't beyond getting beat by marginal receivers like A. Bryant, J. Galloway, and Steve Smith? A guy who's got only marginal hands and drops as many INTs as he catches?[/quote]

WOW He's going to fit in better in Minnesota than I'd thought ;D
Old 15.03.2005, 08:47 PM
All Pro

There's no point pretending Fred Smoot isn't a quality corner. There's also no point pretending to have faith that Mike Barrow will come back and be the player we (over)paid for.

There are, however, reasons to be cheerful. Firstly, it's not as if Smoooooot was our only decent CB - Shawn Springs outplayed him for large chunks of last year and the presence of Sean Taylor means our secondary is still for real. Secondly, Jansen's return (fingers crossed) and Rabach's signing are good news for what was the weakest point of our team last year. Raymer is a mare and if Ray Brown ever could play right tackle he sure as anything can't anymore.

Dependent on how the draft goes, this is shaping up to have been a decent off-season in Landover.

The success of Lemar Marshall in replacing Pierce and Walt Harris (or rookie to be determined) in replecing Fred could be the factors which determine our 05/06 season, although Ramsey, Portis and Santana have to come out to play as well.
Old 15.03.2005, 09:26 PM
Pro

@Crazy87
"Gibbs is trying to insist that Brunell still has a role to play but that's just trying to hide the biggest mistake of his career."

Normally everybody is much smarter after coming out of the church.

@Ban Him Again
He is good but not the second coming of Sanders, Bailey, whom we replaced properly with Springs or Darrel Green. But he will help the Vikings defense, that´s for sure. But than, who won´t. ;D

@Sultan of Brunell
Maybe I judge Smoot a little bit more realistic than you and maybe the reason why is that I follow the Skins for 22 years and have some football knowlege. Barrow when healthy is a plus but you´re right it´s a great if.

Hail and praise to the Redskins

Old 15.03.2005, 09:31 PM
All Pro

i have to say i'm quietly pleased with how the off season went. rabach is a great pick up, for us and its good to see we are not throwing money around at high priced OAP vets to much. (stand up cowboys)

wished we had kept hold of pierce and smoot but you have to like the way the FO handled it. Smoot wasnt our no1 corner (and i was his biggest fan) and pierce isn't marcus washington. not breaking the bank and adding to our alleged impending cap doom is smart.

as for coles, actually no i'm not going to comment on that money grabbing piece of s**t. love what moss has said cant wait to see him tearing up the sidelines. and besides the smurfs are without doubt the coolest name for a bunch of wideouts ever so roll on the smurfs 2!!!

hearing we been talking to courtney brown. have to say i'm all for this depending on what money he is talking. i know he has underachieved (so did griffin) and i know he had injuries (so had springs) so if he anything like them go ghet the kid. gregg williams would be the perfect DC to get him playing to potential!!

so who you guys think we should look out for next year?? garnell wilds looked like he had alot of potential at the end of last year and i really think cooley has the potential to go to the pro bowl in the not to distant future

oh and check out this link, vinny ceratto talking on extreme skins quite interesting and he talks alot of sense

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/s...threadid=95595
Old 16.03.2005, 12:11 AM
All Pro

Just read on thehogs.net that Todd Franz has left - been signed by the packers.
Old 16.03.2005, 09:39 AM
All Pro

[quote author=Crazy87 link=board=1;threadid=9195;start=15#msg189049 date=1110931864]
Just read on thehogs.net that Todd Franz has left - been signed by the packers.
[/quote]

Depth of our DB's has been hit again. Looking increasingly likely we'lll pick up a CB in the draft.
Old 16.03.2005, 09:52 PM
MVP

Looks like Gibbs is taking the intelligent approach to the Brown situation, he's quoted as saying -

Quote:
"Here's what it's going to come down to: He's been on IR every year. He's a terrific player. It's going to come down to how much money, and what does the doctor say."
Couldn't have put it much better myself.
Old 17.03.2005, 10:54 AM
All Pro

This adds depth to our secondary after releasing Todd Franz

The Redskins completed the signing of veteran safety Pierson Prioleau on Wednesday. Prioleau is a smart and experienced player who will add depth to the Redskins secondary and also play on special teams units.
Prioleau, 5-11 and 188 pounds, is a six-year NFL veteran. He has appeared in 80 games with 38 starts and has amassed 276 tackles (195 solo) with 2.5 sacks and an interception.

He was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the fourth round (110th overall) of the 1999 NFL Draft. He appeared in 28 games with 11 starts in his first two seasons with the Niners and amassed 86 tackles and one interception.

Prioleau was released during the 2001 preseason and signed by the Buffalo Bills in November 2001. During his three seasons with the Bills, he tallied 190 tackles (122 solo) while appearing in 54 games with 26 starts.

During his time in Buffalo, he played for Redskins assistant head coach-defense Gregg Williams and safeties coach Steve Jackson.

Prioleau played college football at Virginia Tech where he earned first-team All-Big East and third-team All-America honors as a senior. He finished his final season with 61 tackles (41 solo) and two interceptions, starting every game for a Hokies' defense that led the Big East with 12.9 points per game allowed.

Old 17.03.2005, 06:24 PM
MVP

Said in the individual thread that I'm a fan of Prioleau, he'll ad valuable depth.